Beaux R'eves

Monday, January 9, 2012

When Life Gives You Lemons...

 I thought I would share another Floral Tutorial with you this week.  I have an Agent Showing tomorrow at one of the homes that I recently staged.  This is when all of the Agents parade through the home to view it for their perspective buyers.  The Listing Agent usually hosts with food (they love free food) and I asked if I could bring flowers (and my Brochures of course).  Here is what I decided on:
A Bowl Full of Lemons

I chose this for a couple of reasons:
  1.  The Lemons last for a long time
  2.  I have to buy fewer flowers
  3.  The smell of the lemons is very fragrant and pleasant.
 Here is one that I made for a friends Open House

Materials Needed:
Bowl (any size)
Floral Foam (the wet kind)
Bamboo Skewers
Floral Tape
Lemons
Flowers (I prefer white but you can use any color)
Spanish Moss


 I chose a Blue and White Bowl that I picked up at a yard sale this past Summer for $10.  I can see now in this photo that the price tag is not all the way taken off!  I'll fix that as soon as I am done with this post. 
 Lemons and Flowers were picked up at Trader Joes, along with some other yummy items...
I placed the Floral Foam into a Plastic Bowl and filled it with water.  The Floral Tape is used to secure the Plastic Bowl to the Ceramic Blue/White Bowl.  

 I place the lemons in the Bowl until I achieve a pleasing arrangement.  Then, one by one, attach a Bamboo Skewer into each lemon and replace it into the bowl.  This secures them all and you can "lift" them up and make little spaces in-between to place in the flowers.

I use the clippers to cut the desired length once I put the skewer into the Lemon. (Don't let the other end show thru, this was just to show you)

Start placing the Largest flowers in first and remember the Rule of 3.  Odd numbers are always more pleasing to the eye.  Don't worry that the Plastic Bowl shows because that will be covered by Spanish Moss.  When you are done placing the flowers, cut one of the lemons in half and place it somewhere along the top.  This is a really neat look.
 Isn't it Fresh and Lovely?



Here's Hoping I secure a few more Realtor Referrals for Staging Jobs!  

Wish me Luck!!!

Beaux R'eves!

XO Cindy

Sharing at 

Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Beth at
The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday

Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
The Charm of Home









18 click here to Comment:

Unknown said...

Very very pretty and it makes me think of bright sunshiny days! I could use some of those. I was thinking I would just skip over the winter months and head right into Springtime!

Anonymous said...

Lemons!!! I love the smell of lemons!!!! I smile every time that I cut into one. Your arrangement is so beautiful. Thank you for all of your great ideas. Your Winter White Buffet was great too. The lovebirds outside the cage were so cute!!!

Keep sharing all your your great ideas and design tips.

Anonymous
Denver, CO

Kim, USA said...

Oh my I could hear the ohs and ahs of your table arrangement. The fresh lemon scent is awesome and it makes the people more alive and happy to see the entire house. Great post.

Kim, USA

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This looks fabulous. Your bouquet is stunning. I hope you get a ton more job, I am sure everyone is in awe of your work. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Marigene said...

Simple, yet beautiful. Thanks for the tutorial, I think I will be using this as a centerpiece soon!

Tricia said...

This is gorgeous -- and you make it look do-able, even for me! I know the scent of lemon adds to the charm of this arrangement. Good luck with your staging business!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

That is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this. I found you through FB (From My Front Porch to Yours) and look forward to following you!

Eclectically Vintage said...

HI Cindy
Glad to have found you - loving your blog and that bowl of lemons! I, like your daughter, love vintage and that blue suitcase is fab!
Following along.
Kelly

Brandi said...

Wow, what a beautiful idea! Love your arrangement!

chateau chic said...

Lovely arrangement. I really like the use of lemons.
Your newest follower, Mary Alice

Kim said...

Wonderful tutorial. So happy to have found your blog - you have a lovely home. I'm a new follower. Pop over for a visit sometime.
xoxo,
Kim

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

How pretty...looks like a painting! Hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

Barb said...

Cindy, this is truly lovely. Thanks for showing us how to accomplish the look. So pretty!

Barb

Unknown said...

Really fresh idea-I'm your newest follower-stop by for a visit!

Laurel Leaf Cottage said...

I love it! So fresh looking!! ~Deanna

The Charm of Home said...

Very pretty! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Cindy, This is a very pretty arrangement. I am a big fan of using blue and white together with yellow so I love this. Thanks for linking to the Open House Party this week. xo, Sherry

The Vintage Chateau said...

Great centerpiece! I have a lemon tree so I'll be sure to try my hand at something similar. Thanks for showing us how!
Karee

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".