Beaux R'eves

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Serendipity and My Bi-Polar Bedroom

ser·en·dip·i·ty

[ser-uhn-dip-i-tee] noun
1.an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.
2.good fortune; luck.
Don't you just LOVE finding great things by accident? 
 That's what happened to me last week while I was out perusing an Estate Sale.  I have slowly (very slowly) been working on the Master Bedroom for quite some time now.  I think my bedroom is Bi-Polar.  It can't decide what it wants to be when it grows up.  Right now it's a little bit Romantic, a little bit French, a little bit Country but there were some elements left over from when it was a lot more Neo-Classical and darker.  I wanted to replace the pictures on either side of the bed but couldn't find the right pieces.  I was just about ready to tear up a Botanical book that I have had for years and frame them into sets.  Well, what do I find when I walk into the Estate Sale?  That's right!  Four framed botanical prints!  I snatched them up at $10.00 a piece. 
  The funny thing was that I had been to this Estate Sale twice before.  It was a 3 part sale.  The lady of the house had a LOT of stuff!  It's the same place that I found the beautiful Battenburg Lace tablecloth and pillow shams.  
I love the dusty silver ornate frames and the hint of gold around the edges. 
  Here is how the room looked Before.  This is before I changed the bedding back to white.  
 This was inexpensive bedding that I purchased until I found what I really wanted.  It's difficult because I have to have something washable because the dogs sleep in the bed.  I cant send the comforter out to be cleaned once a week!  
 And with the new bedding...  It's all white with pretty ruffles and lace.  I found it on Joss and Main for a really great price and I can take off the duvet cover and wash it.  I have a white Ralph Lauren matelese underneath that is also washable.  
 So, I hung up the pictures and it just didn't seem to scale.  The ironstone plates seemed so high and it made the prints seem smaller.  It would be great if I had four more prints but since that wasn't possible I had to find another solution.
 That's better!  I found two corbel shelves that I've had forever and placed them under the prints and raised them up to add height.  I still am not in love with the room so I will wait to show it to you until I am finished.  
Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,
XO Cindy
 Sharing at:
Newbie Party at Debbie Doo’s Blogging & Blabbing
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design 

Whatever Goes Wednesdays at Someday Crafts 
The Brambleberry Cottage
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
 Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

Five Days...5Ways

34 click here to Comment:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh such a nice tranformation!

Those botanicals are AWESOME!!!!

Cynthia said...

The pictures are fantastic. I am in LOVE with the frames. They are gorgeous.

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

The corbels make a difference!

RuthSMac. said...

Love the changes, your room looks more lit!

Ruth.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Those look great and your bed is beautiful.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Cindy those prints are so pretty! They look great!!

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

It's gorgeous!!! I love the plate arrangement, and on the pale blue walls. Great color!
♥Linsey

andrea@townandprairie said...

The plates are lovely and the botanicals really help to tie it all together!

Blondie's Journal said...

What a fantastic idea! I think the prints go beautifully with your room and bedding and I LOVE the plates! Great job!

Xo,
Jane

Anonymous said...

How beautiful!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Beautiful transformation Cindy, I just love white.

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Great finds, Cindy! I love your white bedding, too!

foreverdecorating said...

Oh yes, yes, yes, so much better! Who knew!

Inspired by you said...

Great prints! What a lovely bedroom!

MONICA LIVAS said...

It turned out beautifully!

Michele said...

Your room is looking lovelier by the minute. Good score on the prints.

Suzanne said...

This is just lovely! I love those bedside tables, too.

Wild Oak Designs said...

I like the white bedding...I have become partial to white bedding also, even with my dogs that sleep on the bed...everything is washable and your new look is terrific....
Nancy
http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

Debra@CommonGround said...

Looking so pretty, love the white bedding and those wonderful prints and ironstone plates!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

The corbels make all the difference! You have a beautiful bedroom.

Dee

Chubby Chieque said...

Absolutely, gorgeous.

I love the turqouise & white touch.

Happy TTT,
/CC

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Well I don't know what else you want to do, but I think the room is gorgeous. I LOVE that bed!

chateau chic said...

I think your solution to raise the height of the prints is perfect. I like the pretty white, crisp bedding as well.
Mary Alice

Susan Freeman said...

It all looks very pretty Cindy!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Your bedroom is beautiful! I love the white bedding and the botanicals are wonderful.

Gina said...

Everything looks so pretty! I love the white bedding & the iron bed. The botanical prints are great too!

Cottage and Broome said...

Like the new prints, looks like you are will on your way to having a beautiful bedroom. Thanks for sharing, Laura

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

Looks like your bedroom is coming along nicely. I, too, am changing a lot of my darker bedding to all white. The iron bed is great. Is it a Wesley-Allen? It looks similar to one that I have.

bj said...

I know what you mean by not knowing just what you want the room to look like. I get a picture in my head and then, it doesn't come together like I wanted. It's frustrating....
I think you are off to a good start on your room.

Roeshel said...

So relaxing, so beautiful!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Beautiful bedroom. Love the bed!!

Bonnie said...

Love your bed and bedding. So crisp and inviting.

Scribbler said...

Nothing more beautiful than an all white bed. I am of the firm belief that everything on a bed should be washable, dogs or no.

Eclectically Vintage said...

Love the white bedding - I'm on the hunt for something new too.
Kelly

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".