Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Cultivating Creativity

My daughter is one of the most creative people I know. 
(not a biased statement at all *wink*) 
Here’s what she’s been up to over Winter Break. 
 She is creating an Instagram Collage on her wall.  She got the idea from a blog that she follows:  A Beautiful MessShe printed the pictures out and cut them to 4X4 to look vintage.  She loves all things Vintage!  Some are pictures she took with her phone and others were shared on Instagram.  We put up the Blue tape with a level and she is putting up the masking tape as she goes… I will update you on how it turns out.  She loves it so far!


 This next project came about when I was in JoAnn’s Fabrics the other day.  While I was looking around she picked out some fabric scraps and came home and glued them onto some mirrored circles that she had and made this wall arrangement.  You could do this with scraps you have around the house too (she HAD to pick out her own, she’s soooo 15).
I bought her these three books for Christmas on Amazon.  They came as a set.  They are adorable books or Journals I guess , and on each page they tell you something different to do. 
 


How cute is that?


 The Mottos is: To Create is to Destroy.  She is having a lot of fun with it that’s for sure.  There is even a webpage where you can submit your pages.  What a great Creative Outlet don’t you think?  

Soooooo, that’s how we are Cultivating Creativity at our house.  
What’s going on in yours?

6 click here to Comment:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the photos idea. Cute.

Richard Cottrell said...

A great mind is a creative mind. Richard from my Old Historic House.

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Love the wall photos!! Cute and a great way to make the memories come alive!!

Sue said...

Cindy, Fun ideas for creativity! Wanted to invite you to come by and sign up for my give-away. Would have replied via your last e-mail comment, but you are a "no-reply blogger" and have no link to your e-mail. If you want to get rid of this, let me know and I'll tell you where to change your settings. :-) Sue

Anita @ Sweet Southern Breeze said...

Wow! Love seeing your daughter's creativity. Great gift idea you had for your young artist.

Kassie said...

I LOVE the instagram collage!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".