Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Welcome to my Living Room

OK, so I started to do a post about re-styling
 my display shelves in my Living Room
 and it occurred to me that I have never 
invited you in to see this room. 
 So, as my kids would say 
I'm "removing the velvet ropes" 
to let you come in for a visit. 
 This is the view from my Entry Way.
 The floors in the Entry, Dining Room and Living Room are
 all travertine laid in a brick pattern.  
I had the travertine sealed and enhanced
 to show off the beautiful colors. 
You can see the Hearth Room and Kitchen to the right 
and to the left is the entry hall to the Master Bedroom. 
 When we built the house in 2002 we wanted
 an open floor plan and considered 
not having a "Formal" living room at all.  
But, we do entertain and I love having a pretty room that stays nice all the time.  Just walking by this room a million times a day makes me happy. 
 The ceilings are coffered and painted Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue and the walls
 are Benjamin Moore Quincy Tan.

This is a straight on view into the room. 
You can see my Screened In Porch behind the Living Room.
The columns are Faux finished to mimic stone and the base of the columns were hand painted by the same artists. 
 I love all the trim moldings in this room and I have never been able to bring myself to put draperies up. 
 It's hard for the camera to pick up all the exquisite colors in this rug.  The pattern repeats the coffered ceiling pattern.  Did you know that wool rugs are the only furniture that increases or at least retains their value as the years go on.
This is the bookcase that started this post.  I'll post about it later this week.  The fireplace goes thru to the Kitchen/Hearth room and is surrounded by smaller tiles of the Travertine.  Glitzy sconces flank our family picture. 
 On the walls are paintings we bought in Venice on our Anniversary trip to Italy.  I had them framed here in town and inadvertently picked out the same framing for the family picture at the photographer's studio.
 A happy accident.

I have to tell you about this painting.  On our trip to Italy we took a lot of photos, of course.  Well, we had one photo that we just loved. Mr. Beaux was working in China at the time and a gentleman that he worked with painted as a hobby.  He took our photo and painted this awesome painting. 
This is the photo.
And here they are side by side. 
 The chairs are by Fremarc and the Silk sofa is made by Kravet.  Both were at my local design center about seven years ago.  Wow, doesn't seem that long ago.
 My dog loves to hide treats in the corners of the sofa. 
 When I started shooting these pictures she proudly pulled out a prized rawhide bone! 
  I love chairs like this with a decorative back. 
 I change the pillows to suit my moods and the seasons.  There is my sweet little bargain garden stool from Homegoods.
I've owned this wine cabinet for quite some time.  It's a reproduction but I still love it. 
I can close the doors to make more room and it still looks pretty!
I ordered this wonderful crown from Wuslu and the other crowns in the room are from Ballard.  I was in a crown phase for a while.
I love tray tables!  Lots of treasures on this one.  Scrolls from China, a large clam shell bowl from Homegoods, Teacups and a moss nest under a cloche.  This delicate china set was given to me by a lovely staging client I recently worked with.
  I meet the nicest people! 
On the end table near the sofa is a picture of my Nana and Pop-Pop.  Look at that handsome couple!
  Did you see my post about the Teacup candles? 
 Here is one that I made in a pale chartreuse.
  If you missed it you can view it HERE
 Another crown with some handmade paper and a paperweight under another cloche. 


Thanks for coming over to visit.  I love having company in the "front room".  Reminds me to mind my manners and sit up straight!

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

Sharing at:
Newbie Party at Debbie Doo’s Blogging & Blabbing
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Linda at
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Kim at
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at
DIY by Design for the Winter Blues Party
The Brambleberry Cottage
Gina at
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
 Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at
The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at
Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

The Tablescaper: Seasonal Sunday 
 Evolution of Style


60 click here to Comment:

dee dee said...

Cindy,
You have created such a beautiful room! The ceiling and trim adds so much character. That painting.... such talent, what a gift and memory!
dee dee

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Gorgeous. Your living room is stunning. I love all of your moldings also. Hugs, Marty

Deserae said...

Your living room is stunning....love it all :o)
~Des

Princess Kate said...

I just love your style. Beautiful room. Thanks for sharing.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Cindy, what a gorgeous room! Thanks so much for sharing! It's stunning!

At The Picket Fence said...

That is an absolutely beautiful room Cindy! I'm such a traditional girl at heart and I love how elegant yet welcoming that space is! :-)
Vanessa

Maureen Wyatt said...

Your living room is so elegant and still looks comfortable and interesting. It's great that it is warmed by all the meaningful accessories and artwork! ~ Maureen

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Absolutely beautiful Cindy!! Thanks so much for taking us on the tour! I LOVE your wine cabinet.

crabbygirl said...

Cindy the room looks absolutely stunning!! You did a great job in putting it all together.

Cynthia said...

What a beautiful room. I love how it is decorated. The sconces are very pretty.

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

Lovely room, Cindy. What a wonderful nod to your Italy trip to have a painting done from a treasured photo!

Maria Elena said...

What a beautiful living room! Your home is gorgeous!

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Just gorgeous. I am glad you took down the velvet ropes and let us come in. I took my shoes off. The details of this room are just amazing. I don't blame you for not wanting to cover the trim work. My fave feature is 1) the ceiling and 2) the view. Do you live on the water? Silly question but it is the ICWW? Thank you so much for letting us in to your beautiful home. Blessings, Barb

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Cindy, Your living room is gorgeous! I love the painting! Blessings, Tammy

Lauren said...

What a gorgeous home! I love that it was not just decorated, but created with lots of wonderful family memories. You have exquisite taste!

Marisa said...

You have a beautiful home.

Jen said...

Gorgeous room that feels inviting and comfortable. The ultimate compliment in my book! I love those open back chairs.

Jeannette

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Cindy,
Thanks for inviting us into your lovely home. It's beautiful. The livingroom is stunning.

hugs
Sissie

foreverdecorating said...

Stunning! I would love to take a seat and just look around at all the beauty.

Kelly said...

Your home looks like a showplace! Very pretty. I really enjoyed the tour.

chateau chic said...

Cindy,
Your living room is beautiful to say the least! All the details and special touches are absolutely lovely.
Mary Alice

Linda said...

Gorgeous! Just stunning.

Suzanne said...

Opulent!

Suzanne said...

Oops. Clicked before I meant to. And rich and gorgeous and elegant!

Rooms by Ann said...

Cindy, Your Home is gorgeous.I love the picture turned painting everytime you pass by it must bring back great memories,the celing is really awesome in the formal living room. Great Job on the decor. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Lovely room, Cindy! I love those bookcases flanking your fireplace. Great view; I can understand your not wanting to put draperies up.

DIYbyDesign said...

What an absolutely gorgeous room. I am in love with your bookcases and fireplace. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

Olive said...

I love the bust and the painting you had done from the photo-that is so special.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Stunning! You have designed a stunning room! Every detail... perfection!
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful home you have! Your entrance is so grand. Love your pretty staircase and the carpet is lovely!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Alycia Nichols said...

Keep the porch light on. I'm packing my bags and headed that way! I'll need a midnight snack upon arrival. Nothing fancy. Just a Delmonico steak with broiled bleu cheese, a butter lettuce salad, a couple of bottles of wine from that fabulous wine cabinet, and a dulce de leche cheesecake with freshly whipped cream. Oh...and please don't forget the bottled water! I take my sheets with the pillow cases starched stiff, and please don't awaken me in the morning to come down for breakfast. I prefer to be served in bed! :-) See....I'm an easy guest! :-) :-) :-)

Anonymous said...

Cindy, this is stunning! The colors are fabulous! I also love your blue ceilings! Your home is so elegant; I love the moldings! I can see why you love it! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Unknown said...

What a lovely room. That painting of your photograph is such a great way to preserve a wonderful memory. Thos Fremarc chairs have such lovely backs. Lots of really nice details here. Thanks for the tour!

Melissa Miller said...

Hello Cindy,
It's very nice to meet you. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a kind comment. You are always welcome my friend.

Your blog and your home are gorgeous! I will definitely be back again soon. Your home decor is my dream for sure. Love it all!

Warmly, ~Melissa

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Cindy,

You have a beautiful living room. I love the painting of Venice. I have not been there in a long time.

Dee

My Dream Canvas said...

This looks so lovely. I would love for you to drop by My Dream Canvas as well :-) I’m visiting from Wow Us Wednesdays. I really like your blog.

Kristi said...

Just gorgeous! I love the painting from your photo! And I love the built in's on your fireplace mantle! Love seeing your beautiful home! :)
Kristi

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I know you know your home is stunning....you have decorated beautifully....you are surely blessed!
Have a wonderful weekend.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

YOu have the most beautiful home, wow it is truly stunning.

You have designed and decorated it perfectly - it is GORGEOUS.

Every attention to detail is spot on perfect.

Mom E. said...

Cindy,
Love your beautiful home and decorating style. It is so fun to see and "cyber~visit"! I love decorating and florals. So pretty!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Wow, Cindy! Your home is a masterwork! I'd have the velvet rope up, too! LOL That wine cabinet is my favorite, simply gorgeous! I'd love to have you link with us as well for WIW, it would be such a treat!
Hugs,
Patti

Debbiedoos said...

Beautiful Cindy. So glad you joined the newbie party. It is a pleasure to have you and your talent. I just checked out your new professional website as well. Fantastic work you do!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Wow, Your home is beautiful! I love the painting of Venice. Cindy, Thanks for sharing your gorgeous home at the Open House party. xo, Sherry

Sue said...

Glad you took off the velvet ropes, Cindy, because your room is lovely. I wish my living room stayed nice all the time- I tend to use it as a dropping point for the overflow! LOL
:-) Sue

Allison Shops said...

What a pretty room, and such a lovely view. Dropping by from Met Monday.
Allison
Atticmag

DIYbyDesign said...

Gorgeous room. I will be featuring it tonight at my Swing into Spring party tonight at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button.

Susan said...

The room is gorgeous! Do you happen to know what color the travertine is? I've been looking for just that color!

The Charm of Home said...

So beautiful! Thank you for linking up to Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Your room is truly stunning, as is the rest of your home. It's easy to see you've put much thought into each and every detail.
CAS

Kayleigh Lackey said...

The living room is good. I mean the whole transformation is good. I just love your style of designing your room. You are a good person. They said that how you designed your furniture will reflect to your character.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Your Living Room is so gorgeous!! AAA Marble Care

Unknown said...

After reading this post and watching your all photographs people must get new themes that how to make a beautiful house, Because your living room is very attractive. Thank you for sharing this post.

best living room furniture

Upoma said...

Do you love to decorate your home? Living room is the room that represent the beauty of your home. Premium living room furniture are available in many online sites among them shoppingstockinc.com is the best one which deliver quality furniture at a reasonable price.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing us description and meaning of your decoration. I believe you love this living room so much. Hope you and family have had great moments in this lovely room.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing us description and meaning of your decoration. I believe you love this living room so much. Hope you and family have had great moments in this lovely room.
Digital Staging

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thank you for sharing with us! Lovely house.
Virtual Staging Software

Furniture Castle said...

Wow, these livingroom furniture pieces are stunning! The design seamlessly blends comfort and style, making them the perfect addition to any indoor space.
Living Room Furniture

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".