Beaux R'eves

Monday, January 16, 2012

A Birthday! My excuse to bake a Cake

Today is my Son's Birthday! 

22 years ago he came into this world and we feel so blessed to have him in our lives.  His Charisma and Personality are infectious to everyone that he meets from all walks of life.  His loving Spirit warms my heart and at times amazes me.  His musical Creativeness is endless and always surprises and delights me.  Most of all, I have watched him become a truly honorable and wonderful young Man whom I always picture like this in my mind...
Skinned knees, An ear to ear smile and A Bowl haircut! 
Happy Birthday Tyler! 

In honor of his Birthday I'm baking a cake!  OK, I'm NO Martha believe me.  This is the only cake I make from scratch and not a mix.  It always turns out delicious!  I just follow the recipe on the back of the Hershey's Cocoa Box, Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake.  
 I love using my Kitchen Aid, it makes me think I know what I'm doing.  I won't tell you how many times I've gotten the "flour pouff" because I turned it on too high without the guard on...
Miss Beaux is helping me today (mostly so she can lick the bowl)

The frosting recipe is "to die for".  Of course cake for me is all about frosting anyway... I always make more than I need YUM!!!

I added White Chocolate dipped Strawberries and Ribbon to the top to make it look Festive.

Off we go to The Melting Pot for Dinner and then home for CAKE!!!

Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

6 click here to Comment:

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

You are a sweet mom! Love chocolate, chocolate cake, chocolate icing, chocolate dipped berries...well you get the idea!
Happy Birthday Blessings!!

Alycia Nichols said...

Oooohhhh...the Melting Pot! I haven't thought about that in a long time! I will have to tell my husband that is where I'd like to next time we venture out on a date! That's so sweet of you to make a beautiful cake for your baby! They are always our baby...no matter what! The curling ribbon is a really great decorative touch!

Michelle said...

Cindy, I love your blog. However, I *need* to see pics of your entire kitchen! ;)

Unknown said...

Chocolate IS a necessity isn't it?

Unknown said...

Thanks Alycia! It was a great time! We had never been before and I'm so glad that we tried it! Definitely go for "date night"

Unknown said...

Michelle, They are coming!!! Thanks! :)

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".