Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Glam Master Bath Remodel

Whew!  
I can finally show you pictures of the Master Bath Remodel that I recently finished for my clients (and friends).  I went looking back through my pictures to find the "Befores" and WOW!  A lot of life has happened during this remodel!  Anniversaries, New Puppies (my client's), 
Summer vacations...  
It just goes to show you that the world doesn't stop just because you get busier, you just start juggling!  
Let's take a look at the Before, then the During and THEN the Ahhhhh's (I hope!) of the Afters! 
BEFORE
 Here is what the Master Bath looked like when the home was up for sale.  It's a very spacious room measuring about 17' deep by 12' wide.  It has tall ceilings and a skylight.  The main problems for the new homeowners was the short cabinet height, poor lighting, outdated shower and tile.  The previous homeowners had done a lot of remodeling but had yet to tackle the bathroom.  Our plan was to replace the vanities, the vanity tops, add lighting, put in a new tub, re-tile the shower and tub surround, paint and add trim molding, and add new hardware.  We wanted to do all of this while keeping the same footprint of the bathroom.  
Here it is on Moving Day. 
 Miss Beaux's job was take pictures of each room. 
 I ended up with a LOT of selfies!  Teenagers!
My BFF and I spent a day at Barnes and Noble armed with our IPADs and Venti Starbucks and access to all of the shelter mags and books there.  We planned and sketched and made preliminary design decisions.  You can read about that HERE.  Of course things tend to change along the way and that's normal.  
We hired a contractor, selected all of our materials, met with the cabinet company and the project was in full force around the Fourth of July weekend.  
Out with the old shower!  Which turned out to be a good decision!  There was a leak and it was terribly moldy underneath!  ICK!!!  
Teeny cabinets are gone!  Can you believe they were only 32 inches tall?  The floor was protected as we were keeping the existing tile.  
A new tub was installed along with the His and Hers vanities.  And a taller half wall was built between the shower and tub. 
Paint colors: Walls~ Sherwin Williams Patience 7555 (flat)
Cabinets and Trim: Benjamin Moore White Dove (enamel)
The cabinet company built the vanities and then the construction crew put up the crown molding and  trim before the marble was set.  I drew out the preliminary cabinet design and then some things changed during the process.  We wanted to have a sitdown makeup station but we also wanted the uppers on her side for extra storage.  Storage won out!  The upper cabinet design also changed from being open with mesh or chicken wire to mirrored with the custom mullions that you see in this photo.  That changed our look a little bit to more of a Glam Hollywood look.  
AFTER
 And Finally..... The finished room!!!  
The 3X6 Crema Marfil marble tiles were laid in a staggered brick pattern in the shower and around the tub.  We added trim around the tub for a more beefed up look.  
I love this beautiful glass shower enclosure.  The basketweave on the floor was added as an accent to the shower wall and surrounded with pencil trim.
I love this detail!  Very Spa-like!
On His vanity side we built the lights into the molding.  We added fluting to the sides of the main cabinet and bumped it out a bit for interest.  The great thing about these vanities are the soft glide drawers and cabinets.  When you close them they stop at the very end and softly close themselves! 
On Her side we placed the sconces directly on the mirror and bumped out the center of the vanity for more counter space.  The old chandelier was too small so we relocated it to another room.  This is the dining room chandy.  We put it here temporarily while we look for a really cool Drum shade chandy. 
Swoon!
Or maybe this one!
How soft and beautiful is this Crema Marfil Marble!  
I just want to hug it!  We kept the faucets as they worked with our design and we saved money there.
And added new hardware in brushed nickel.

We replaced the brass door hardware with  brushed nickel hardware.




How Glam is this shower door handle?  It's the little details that make you the happiest sometimes! 









Before and Afters
There it is!  Master Bath Remodel complete!  We are still working on the basement remodel so stay tuned!  
Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
 Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays 
 
Judy at DIY by Design
 Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday 

Poutpourri Friday at 2805
 Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday


Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

 Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
Cedar Hill Ranch for The  Cowgirl Up Party

103 click here to Comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!! And definately my taste!

Becca said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Your clients must be THRILLED ... I know I would be!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Cindy, that is stunning. They must love it. I would love to take our tiny shower and monster tub out some day and do a nice tiled shower and a smaller free standing tub.

Kim said...

Ooooh la la!!!!

Blondie's Journal said...

This bathroom is just huge, I love it! You really made it spa-like and glamorous for sure! The details are extraordinary. You did a wonderful job, Cindy and your clients must be thrilled!

XO,
Jane

Kerry said...

Very nice! Love the neutral color. We installed the frameless glass on our shower and I love it.

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

This bath is totally amazing, like everything that you do. The attention to detail is truly what makes this master bath stand out as a custom beauty.

Keep up the fantastic work and the educational blogs.

I love what you do...

Cindy said...

Thanks so much! It was a pleasure to work on this project with my best friend! It is much more beautiful in person! And we haven't really added any personal accessories or artwork yet...
Cindy

Cindy said...

Thanks! I feel that this design is timeless and will never be "dated"!
Cindy

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Wow. I think this is stunning. I love the tile and the fixtures but the counter tops make my heart flutter. Beautiful job!

Karen said...

BEAUTIFUL! that is a stunning bathroom. You did an amazing job.

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

Wonderful transformation! I know that the homeowners are loving it!

chateau chic said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous bathroom down to the last detail!
Mary Alice

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

GORGEOUS Cindy!!

It's All Connected said...

What a wonderful job you did on the design! For such a large room, you've managed to keep a feeling of warmth and the details are delightful. ~ Maureen

Ron said...

One word: Gorgeous!

Dee @ A Lapin Life said...

Amazing and beautiful difference! I love the tile you used. It really does look like a spa.

Dee

A Walk in the Countryside said...

Outstanding! I want to take out the cultured marble in our shower and installed tile but I haven't said anything to my husband because he'll probably divorce me! LOL!

Wild Oak Designs said...

Wonderful, love the tile in the shower, in fact it is the same we used in our shower at the top....
Very lovely!
Nancy
http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

love all the details. And the tiled shower is just beautiful!!!

Erika@BeBookBound said...

Stunning. Gorgeous. Everything a bathroom "retreat" should be---soothing AND elegant. Boy do I have some bathrooms that could use your magic!

Judy said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the transformation. I'm sure they are thrilled with their new master bath retreat. GORGEOUS. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

Alycia Nichols said...

What an amazing transformation!!!!!! It boggles the mind how a room can be recreated to make SO much more sense but keep the same footprint! I love the new cabinets & drawers (especially since they have the soft close feature which means no rude early morning awakenings by a careless husband!), and raising the half wall in the tub area makes a world of difference! LOVE the basket weave on the wall in the shower!!!!!!! Hooray for you and hooray for the homeowners who will now be able to luxuriate for years to come!

Mrs. Handyverger said...

Gorgeous! It makes my tiny bathroom feel even more inadequate. ;) Love it, though - I imagine the homeowners will enjoy this new bathroom so much more than the old. :)

Beth said...

Even though I would LOVE to have their "before" bath, what you did with it really made it look fabulous! WOW!

County Line Road said...

Wow, wow, WOW!

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

Wow, this is magnificent, Cindy--I particularly love the marble tiles in the new shower--gorgeous!

Christie said...

It is so beautiful and so timely that I came across this! Coming over from Courtneys French Country Cottage..we JUST finished a kitchen remodel and are starting master bath now..you have so many great details in this space. It turned out just lovely! Christie at Three Pixie Lane

Stuff and Nonsense said...

how utterly gorgeous
your new bathroom is

lovely job

just stopping by from
At The Picket Fence
to say hello

now following
via GFC and FB!

alison

Carol@HouseandHomeDefined.com said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. The new cabinets are great, all the details are so lovely. I'm a fan of the warmth of the marble. So beautiful..

Debbie Booth said...

Wow, it is gorgeous. You must swoon when you walk in there...hahaha. I love it. Love the whole look of the room. You did such a great job putting it all together. And I know it must have been tough during the wait!
Just lovely. And I like those light fixtures, I've never seen anything like those, they both are beautiful....swoonworthy!
Blessings,
Debbie

Terry Moore said...

Simply OUTSTANDING and stunning and glamorous, and beautiful!

Honey at 2805 said...

Thanks you for sharing this beautiful transformation at Potpourri Friday!

Angie Granata said...

Wow, amazing. Really looks nice. You must be enjoying it. Thanks for sharing.

Lauren said...

This is beautiful! The neutrals are so soothing and the variation of the tile makes a real impact. Wonderful job!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

What a drool-worthy bathroom! Love the light fixtures, the tile, the mirrored cabinets beside the vanity. Gorgeous!

aimee said...

it looks beautiful i love it, it would be great if you came and shared it at http://www.twiggstudios.com/2012/09/sunday-show-off-linky-party_29.html

thankyou xxx

Kim (TheMoney-Pit) said...

I love this.. it is beautiful. I am feeling all inspired.

Hi I'm Shannon! said...

What a stunner! And so many pretty, special touches :)

Sue said...

Lovely, just lovely! It's understated but yet oh, so elegant. Wonderful job, Cindy. Your client and friend must be so pleased. This is an inspiration for my own bath remodeling job that really must come soon! :-) Sue

Judy Bigg said...

It is so beautiful Cindy, so elegant, looks like I could spend hours in the bathroom. Love your ideas and choices.

Sherry said...

I love the tub/shower arrangement! Just fabulous! Thank you for joining me at HSH!
Sherry

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Beautiful!! Just beautiful! Sharing at the party tonight~ Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

DIY Show Off said...

Aaaahhhhhhhh! It's beautiful! Gorgeous choice in materials and stunning reveal! I'd never leave! haha! Amazing job, as usual! ;)

Lida Swisher said...

Now, it looks more like a luxurious, but comfy bathroom. It’s a good idea taking out the carpet. Honestly, I would’ve possibly thought it was a bedroom if not for the title. ;) Great job! And I must say you’ve found the perfect white shades for the cabinets, the tiles, and the sink countertop. Every major detail was white, but you managed to put a lot of life in the bathroom. :D

Nancy Esmade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bathroom accessories said...

i am searching some useful information, immediately i found this post and gain some useful information great work such a great brain to use.

beautiful bathrooms said...

The way the bathroom is designed that it seems like a king's bathroom.

ada bathroom said...

The bathroom is just wow.It is intelligently designed.

Darryl Margulies said...

That was a breathtaking transformation! You have given the bathroom a whole new life and look. The ‘his & hers’ vanity looks very functional, and the height of the cabinets are much better. The added light fixtures give ample lighting to the room, which definitely made it cozier and much more relaxing!

Keaton Oakes said...

Your client’s bathroom is pretty huge! That’s the type of bathroom that is nice to remodel because you can add different furniture and fixtures without compromising the space. I like how it looks now. Very well-designed. Great job!

france pope said...


Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

bathroom remodeler andover ma

paragonremodeling said...

Oh; what a amazing post. I am very glad to view this....






home additions virginia

Gino Cans said...

Polished or honed black and white marble tiles are the classic Victorian flooring but there are many variations. You could choose the pure white Thassos and pure Belgian Black marbles for a fossil and vein-free, clean look or the more classic Victorian Carrara marble coupled with black Nero Marquina. Variations include a wide variety of the Calacatta marbles, also from the Carrara region of Italy. Did you know that there are many forms of Calacatta? Visit Marble tiles office for more info.

Philadelphia Construction Company said...

This is my first time i visit here.
I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion.
From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here!
keep up the good work.

dorthypacker said...

Thank you for posting this article on how you remodeled your bathroom. You did a great job! I want you to come remodel mine. Do you know of a good bathroom remodeling business in los angeles that could help me out? Thank you for your help!

Jack Petterson said...

Awesome innovative remodeling designs.Looks very beauty...


ada remodeling

James Curtis said...

Wow, you did a good remodeling job. Pinned your blog for reference.

Interior Glass Doors

Shane Morgan said...

You guys make it really easy for all the folks out there.
kitchens victoria

demony granger said...

Great work done with creative ideas. It prove useful for all those who are planning to remodel. looking wonderful.

bathroom remodeler in wenham

Rajib Hossain said...

Wow! That is great work.
white marble tile

Layne Adams said...

Similar to an updated kitchen, bathroom remodeling can considerably enhance the comfort and sophistication of a home. A remodeled bathroom is also an excellent investment that, if properly designed and constructed, can significantly increase a home’s resale value.
Can you recommend any bathroom remodeler in beverly?

supremebathrefinishing said...

I would like to thank you for the endeavours you have got developed in creating this write-up. I am hoping the identical very best run from you inside the possible also. Really your innovative writing skills has motivated me to commence my private Weblog Motor weblog now.
Bathtub reglazing NYC
Bathtub reglazing nj

Carla Dillon said...

I really enjoy reading and also appreciate your work. hardwood flooring greer sc

zwinky james said...

Cool blog site friend I'm about to suggest this to all my listing contacts. designerswallpaper

george Stlouismo said...

The bathroom is really well renovated. I am inspired with your work.

bathroom remodeling

pro digg said...

Nice Post this blog post is very valuable for sharing it Bathroom bath is great accessories at wholesale price.

enamel bathtubs

Mia Hart said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Do you happen to know of any companies that do bathroom remodeling in Allentown? Please let me know, thanks.

Gordon Freeman said...

Great photos! I am wanting to do something similar with my bathroom remodeling in Allentown. Thanks for sharing.

Bryan Johnson said...

Have a very good bathroom makeover blog. I really appreciate you for this good work keeps it up. You can also find a very good bathroom makeover website at Prodigg.

Bathroom Cabinets Brisbane

John Condon said...

Nowadays, It's a big problem to find out a bathroom remodel contractor for getting ideas for bathroom remodeling at affordable prices. Your bathroom remodeling designs seem to Royal Bathroom.

bathsvanities said...

Wow! I am really impressed with your blog. You have told about each part of bathroom, I like your post

Bathroom Renovation Ideas from Baths Vanities

supremebathrefinishing said...

Great site! I am loving it!! Will be back later to read some more.looking for more updates.

Tub reglazing cost
Tub resurfacing new jersey

Bryan Johnson said...

Have a very good blog which is really interesting and knowledgeable. I really appreciate you for this good work keeps it up. You can also find a very good blog at vanity 800 by prodiggau

John Condon said...

I read your post. It's such a really interesting post about small bathroom remodeling. To choose a right bathroom remodel contractor is a very big task for me. Your post guide me to find a right bathroom remodel contractor for bathroom remodeling in my home.

depra parker said...

Your blogs are truly awesome I have no words to praise for your blogs. Annapolis kitchen refacing

John Terry said...

I over-plan every detail since I hate being unprepared. So when I decided to install faux wainscoting in my powder Bathroom remodeling Lexington KY with zero DIY experience, I resigned myself to the probability of lots and lots of mistakes. Good thing.

Judy K Lee said...

web statics
Thumbs up guys you are really carrying out a great job.

niky bojy said...

I absolutely respect and appreciate your point on each and every object.
Mortgage Document Management

John Condon said...

There are many Lakewood bathroom remodeling companies, who provide bathroom remodeling ideas for your bathroom. Ultimately, you will decide how much your bathroom remodel will cost. The cost of your bathroom remodel will depend on the size of the bathroom, complexity of the job, and product choices.

Frencis Merchant said...

I love to read and appreciate your work.
Carpet Cleaning London

Tino TheGreat said...

The first and most important suggestion when buying the carpet is to ensure that the carpet is graded through independent carpet graders. If your carpet is graded, you will be able to understand the quality standards which are supposed to be reflected in the price. Another important tip when buying a carpet would be to ensure that you compare the prices of similar carpets in a particular grade or even size from different sellers

Carpet Cleaning
Carpet Cleaning Sun shine Coast

Frencis Merchant said...

Your writings, articles, blogs I mean over all contents is must read matter.
Sustainable architect Melbourne

Beck Mark said...

I am looking do to some renovations in Birmingham, to my home. Can anyone make a recommendation for a contractor?

Pelham Window

John Condon said...

It looks amazing! I was searching for Denver marble bathroom tiles. Thanks goodness because it is exactly what I needed! Your bathroom looks great and I appreciate your materials list so I can use some of the same in our bathroom.

akon said...

I think I have really come on the right place for getting the perfect info. Bathroom Vanity Ideas

litebrite said...

Wow! What a beautiful end product! I'm jealous of that vanity and bathtub. It is a good thing you replaced the shower and found that leak or less your whole new bathroom could have been ruined!

Louie Donovan said...

Awesome remodel, well made and constructed. This is one of my dream bathroom. Just curious, did you used a marble for this remodel? marble tile countertops ny

rick hock said...

The stuff written in the blogs have allured me!!! maintenance

renova457 said...

This site is good because they give us a new thing and new ideas and new topic how good all of they are we should appreciate them because of these good thing. . I know something information, to know you can click here
bathroom renovations Brisbane
bathroom renovations Ipswich

Mark Faulkner said...

I am surprised why other specialized don’t perceive your site I’m greatly cheerful I discovered this.
hudsonsam robin

ipswich0017 said...

Great Content.I have appreciate with getting lot of good and reliable information with your post.......
Thanks for sharing such kind of nice and wonderful collection......again, beautiful :) I love reading your posts. They make me happy . . I know something information, to know you can click here
bathroom renovations ipswich
bathroom renovations brisbane

Luke Johnson said...

Wow I really liked your bathroom before the remodel, but I like it even more now! It's interesting that you decided to keep a similar design that you had before. I think that it would be hard for me to update my bathroom with a similar color and design.
http://www.bandjtileinc.com

Jak Manson said...

Wow, you did an amazing job with this bathroom renovation. It looks completely different and it is amazing, I love the whole look of it and it just is so amazing. Great job and keep up the great work.
Jak Manson | http://www.creativebathroomsandkitchens.com.au

Emily Ross said...

Last year I decided, after much thought, that I definitely wanted to remodel my bathroom. A colleague of mine suggested I contact the team at Classic Kitchen and Bath in Illinois. I was very pleased after the first call. What I admire the most about their team is that they truly enjoy what they do and they took the time to customize designs to my desire. To date, I stand in my bathroom and look at it with awe. Visit their website today www.myclassickitchenandbath.com or call 630-515-9151. I highly recommend them to everyone considering kitchen and bathroom remodeling.

Jessie Vera said...

The work you did on the bathroom in so beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! My husband and I have been wanting for a long time to have shower remodeling done in our master bath. The shower is just looking old and worn out. Maybe we should go out with the old shower as well! I just love what you have done! I want a beautiful glass shower enclosure too!

Jessie Vera| http://www.bathcrestofidaho.com

renovations21 said...


Please continue to write more because it’s unusual that someone has something interesting to say about this.
Will be waiting for more! To get new information visit here bathroom renovations Ipswich
ipswich bathroom renovations

trademarkconstruct said...

Great post i want to know more about this.
Thanks!
Bathroom contractor in Baltimore

Ummey Rezwana said...


This is an informative post review. I am so pleased to get this post article. I was looking forward to get such a post which is very helpful to us. Keep it up.
I know something information, to know you can click here
bathroom renovations ipswich
bathroom renovations Brisbane

services773 said...

Nice information! I am intimidated by the excellence of information. There are a lot of high-quality funds here. I am sure I will visit this site again soon.
I know something information,to know you can click here
Renovations brisbane
Builders brisbane

Cynthia Rhose said...

This bathroom is exquisite. I love brilliantly white bathrooms with this kind of stonework. Every girl likes to dream of a nice bathroom right?
Cynthia | http://www.gwalkerconstruction.com

Prodigg Signatures said...

Its really great post you have shared, which is informative and knowledgeable. I appreciate your great work. Keep me more updates.

Prodigg Signatures

trademarkconstruct said...

You did a great job but hiring professional Bathroom remodeling Baltimore is always favorable and risk free. But I must say you have a great decorating style.

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".