Beaux R'eves

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Company's Coming!

I've been busy getting ready for a visit from my Mom!  She comes in tomorrow night to stay for a couple of weeks.  It's hard not living close to any family.  It makes you cherish the visits that much more...
Today I was working on the Hearth Room.  This is where we spend the majority of our time as a family.  The Kitchen and Hearth Room are all one HUGE room.  I can cook and still be a part of the TV watching and Miss Beaux does her homework at the large island.  It is really my favorite room so I like to be surrounded by the colors and things that I love. (There is a little fluff ball if front of the pillow)
 What would a good photo shoot be without a Dog?
This room gets so much use so we have Random Width plank wood flooring all throughout the Kitchen, Hearth Room, Eating area and back to the Mud Room and Garage Entry.  The color on the wall is Benjamin Moore HC31 Waterbury Cream. It's a soft buttery yellow color.  Yellow is a difficult color to get right and this one has always turned out fantastic whenever I have used it in a client's home. 
 Here is the left side of the Fireplace.  The cabinetry is all built in and houses the Media Equipment.  We originally built the house in 2001 and we had a Flood in 2009 that wiped out 3/4 of our house.  I'll save the details of that for another post.  We originally had two large Built in Cabinets with a TV in one side.  That was before the Flat Screens were hugely popular.  I had NO wall space and I always felt like it was difficult to deal with accessorizing the large built-ins because they had small cubby-like shelves.  In the re-design I opted for these cabinets.  They are designed to look like a movable piece of furniture and my wonderfully talented painters have finished them and distressed them beautifully.  I just showed them a picture of what I wanted and Viola!  
 I've been hanging plates up and I keep adding to them whenever I find something pretty.  

 My favorite thing to collect are small Landscape paintings.  Whenever we travel that's what I am scouting for to bring home.
  This large wooden platter is from where else?  Nell Hill's!  
 Isn't she a Beauty?
My little lovebirds moved over here from the Hutch.  That's what happens, I steal from one area and it's bare and then I steal from somewhere else and the process starts all over again.  Do you do that?
 Stole this Bird from the little hallway Etegere that goes into the Master...
 There it is!  My Hearth Room.  We'll step into the Kitchen on the Next Tour.

Beaux R'eves

XO Cindy 

Sharing with:
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesdays Treasures

Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays



16 click here to Comment:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

It is beautiful...and your mom will be thrilled!

Janel from NellieBellie said...

This is beautiful!

Honey at 2805 said...

What a gorgeous room to host your Mother in! Hoping the two of you have a wonderful time together!

Thank you for linking your lovely post to Potpourri Friday!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

What a beautiful room! So warm and inviting! Enjoy your mom!

Alycia Nichols said...

Looking really good! I hope you and your family have a wonderful visit with your Mom. I'm sure she will feel right at home and appreciate all you have done to prepare for her. Have a beautiful weekend!!!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Love the buttery wall color! I like plates on the wall too! Have a wonderful visit with the mom!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Beautiful room Cindy! LOVE the color and the fabrics! And I steal things from all over my house too....it is a vicious circle! lol

Have a Wonderful visit with your Mom :) I am a new follower!

Lou Cinda

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

What a gorgeous room! Have a wonderful time with your Mom! I love those cabinets and that they are low and you can decorate the walls above! great foresight! Can't WAIT to see the kitchen!!! XO, Pinky

foreverdecorating said...

I adore this room. Enjoy your Mom.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful room you've created. Those built in cabinets are gorgeous. No one would guess they weren't movable pieces. Love all of your vignettes.
Have a wonderful visit with your mother.
be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous room. I love everything!

At The Picket Fence said...

This room is just so beautiful! I absolutely love your style and have a very similar color palette in my own home. It all looks warm and welcoming! :-)
Vanessa

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love your style and everything about this room!

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

Gorgeous area! Those built in cabs look like beautiful pieces of furniture. Love your furnishings, especially the tufted ottoman and the arm chair your pup is on... really nice choice of fabrics.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty room - Do you have a source for your rush-seat chair? Is it comfortable?

CML said...

LOVE!! Thanks, Cindy!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".