Beaux R'eves

Monday, March 5, 2012

Guest Room Reveal

Whew!  I'm finally finished with the Guest Room in our Basement! 
 What a relief!  
I have been working very hard this weekend 
to complete the whole room. 
 Of course LIFE got in the way 
with an Impromptu 16th Birthday Party
 for Miss Beaux
 (I want a party, I don't want a party, Umm, by the way Mom I'm having a little get together...) 
more on that later. 
 OK, wait no longer, 
HERE IT IS!!!
Let's go back and see the BEFORE.
Big Difference?
I completed so many projects in this room I lost count.  
Painting the walls, Painting the Dresser, Sewing the Drapes, Sewing pillows, Recovering the Bench, Recovering the Chair, Putting the Hinges on the Door, Chandelier Redo, Hanging pictures.... it goes on and on.
I will provide more information on all of these later.  
I'm exhausted, so let's just look at lots of pictures and get this posted.  









I promise this week to go into all of the details!  Thank you for coming by to look at the New and Improved Guest Room.  I am taking reservations so reserve your date (haha) but just to let you know, the Guest Bathroom is not yet finished!


Until next time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy


Newbie Party at Debbie Doo’s Blogging & Blabbing
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Linda at
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Kim at
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at
DIY by Design for the Winter Blues Party
The Brambleberry Cottage
Gina at
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
 Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at
The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at
Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

The Tablescaper: Seasonal Sunday 
Evolution of Style

92 click here to Comment:

Myrna said...

Oooh! Breathtaking! So serene and calming..perfect for a guest room. I love all the little details you added to make it perfect! Great job!
Blessings,
Myrna

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh my word!

You have done am AMAZING tranformation to that room!

I cannot believe it is the same place!

WELL DONE!!!

PS
Be there shortly.

PSS
LOVE the natural lighting in your BASEMENT! WOW!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It turned out fabulous. So beautiful, light and airy looking. Stunning. Hugs, Marty

Sweet Melanie said...

It is absolutely beautiful! What a difference it made...so light and bright...just beautiful! Great work on the sewing by the way, I love it all!

Sonny G said...

It all looks amazing~!
I want that bedspread.. omg I love that.

Jessica @ Stay at Home-ista said...

The chandelier and the black hinges on the door are ah-mazing!

Maureen Wyatt said...

All your effort has paid off! That room has gone from nice to "gee I want to stay there!" with all the details.

Cristina Garay said...

What a beautiful transformation!! I love the bedspread and hinges on the door, well I love it all! Well done!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Cindy, bet you are tired after all this bedroom renovation but it looks grand. The bedspread that you showed in an earlier post is perfect for the room and you have done an excellent job sewing the curtains and pillows. Hope you tell us more about the painted chest.Great job Cindy.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love all of it.That shelf
with the horse items is my favorite. I want the bedding!

At The Picket Fence said...

I'm packing my bags!! That is just beyond gorgeous and I think my most favorite are the hinges on the doors. Fantastic!! Well done! :-)
Vanessa

Blondie's Journal said...

Beautiful...I love EVERYTHING! The drapes and bedding are so pretty and I love how everything is neutral but cozy! You did a fantastic job!

XO,
Jane

Rooms by Ann said...

Your guest room turned out stunning ,calm yet romantic I love it. Thanks for posting.

Cynthia said...

This came together nicely. Very pretty and calming.

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

Love the room. The bedding is my favorite. Did you make it or purchase it somewhere?

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

So pretty! Your guests may move right in...permanently!!

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Wow! How beautiful is that! Love the soft color scheme! YOU have been busy! Look forward to all the details!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Very beautiful. I love the colors that you used and the bedding is so lovely.

hugs
Sissie

chateau chic said...

Oh Wow! What a huge difference. So many wonderful ideas incorporated in your room. It's beautiful and so inviting.
I'm a new follower, Mary Alice

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a difference! It's gorgeous, Cindy! Yes, add me to the waiting list. : ) Love the bedspread ~ I definitely want to know about that. The chair, the pillow on the chair, the drapes, it all came together wonderfully!

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness--gorgeous! I am glad you are going to post breakdown of how you put this room together. Truly it looks picture perfect! What color did you paint the walls and then then trim and doors?

Designing Domesticity said...

So many sweet details on this makeover. I particularly love the bedding. Did you make it or was it purchased somewhere. Thanks for sharing, liz

Maria Elena said...

I saw your post this morning, but I was in such a hurry, I didn't have the time to really read it all. I had to come back and make sure I let you know how beautiful it is! You did a great job and it is just gorgeous!

Debbiedoos said...

WOWZA, that is some makeover. All beautiful. WHo would not want to be a guest here? When is there a vacancy LOL. Thanks for sharing and linking up to my newbie party.

foreverdecorating said...

Fabulous...I'll stay there.

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

Oh my goodness. You did such an amazing job. I love everything about it but I think my favorite is the gathered skirt bedspread. Please add my name to the reservation list! Ha ha ha

Unknown said...

Oh so pretty! he overall look is just so lovely and the little details really make it so persoanl. The dresser is gorgeous and the wall shelf is arranged so nicely. I am looking forward to seeing the details if you have time to post, especially on the lovely pillows. I'm putting your blog in my sidebar so I don't miss a single post.

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I just love the room make over.
It's lighter & more elegant. The finishing touches are very nice and makes the space cozy. I love anything to do with horses. Love it... Pat

aarond said...

The guest room is beautiful. I especially love the horse picture next to the black and white plate. Job well done!!

Revi said...

So pretty! And I LOVE your bedding. :) If that's one of your projects, and you haven't done a tutorial, please do! If you have done one, let me know how to find it. :)
-Revi

xinex said...

Wow! You've been very busy. You must be tired abut the room is so charming and beautiful and well worth the effort.

Heaven's Walk said...

GORGEOUS, Cindy! I'd never want to leave that cozy room! Kudos to you, girlie!

xoxo laurie

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the bedspread and all the special details. Great work!!!! Your guests will love staying with you.

Debra@CommonGround said...

wow Cindy, you did a fabulous job!! Love it all, and ohhhh the bed linens are just gorgeous!! xoxo

Debbie said...

I absolutely love this. I'm looking forward to details and I want to pin about a half dozen of your pictures!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

So tranquil and beautiful. Your hard work sure paid off with your new space!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely stunning. You really outdid yourself.

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

What a great job. I love it. Love the horse picture and the silver...so creative. I love shelves with vignettes on them and you did an amazing job decorating yours.
Great job.
Blessings,
Debbie

dee dee said...

Cindy,
do you have any opening for guests?

Love the new room! Of course as inviting as it is, it might be hard to get rid of guests.
Look forward to seeing the details!
dee dee

Princess Kate said...

Yet again, I just love everything you have done to this room. The door hinges are fabulous. It's so beautiful

Gail said...

Your guest room is absolutely gorgeous! You did an amazing job and I love that chair.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

OMGoodness. Who wouldn't want to be a guest in that room. I love the soft feel. Those curtains are gorgeous, and I could jump right in that bed. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Crazy about that bedspread

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

What a beautiful Guest room!! You'll probably have a hard time getting one to leave, lol :) Yes, lots of hard work to get it done, but know you can sit back and just enjoy it all!

Stopping by from WW at Faded Charm :)

Warmest, Brenda

Every Little Birdie said...

Oh my Stars!!!! Wow, you blew me away with the before and after. I want to sleep in that room!!!!! It is amazing. Your hard work paid off. Beautiful job. Found you at Faded Charm Wed party. My link says "Feast your Eyes" Check it out!!

Anonymous said...

Are you sure this isn't in some fancy B&B somewhere? Cause I want to stay here. You did an amazing job...it's just fabulous. xo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! So airy and light and I love all your ruffles :) I'm going to have to become a new follower I think!
Cas x

DIYbyDesign said...

That is such a beautiful guest bedroom. What a huge difference. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Cindy! This is a beautiful room! I love the soft colors and all the detailed touches. I must know where did you get that fabulous bedspread! It makes the whole room? I'll be back to see your post with all the details... including info about the bedspread... I hope!
Wonderful reveal.
Yvonne

Pamela said...

Cindy it turned out fabulous! I love the new comforter. It really makes the space!

Rhonda said...

Incredible makeover! I love the bedding and all of the pillows- lovin' the shelf with the equestrian look too.
Signed up to follow
Rhonda

Kristi said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! I have almost the same bedspread in white on my masterbed. I have a guest room that needs to be done and this was SO inspiring!!! beautiful! :)
Kristi

Deserae said...

So stunning! I LOVE the bedspread...it is just gorgeous :o) Your guests will never want to leave...I know I wouldn't!!!
~Des

Anonymous said...

And this is the guest bedroom? Can't imagine how wonderful the other rooms of your house must look, You did an amazing job on this room!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Thanks for sharing this at Wow. Just love it.

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

Oh, I just adore it! I pinned it too, hope you don't mind. : D
I'd love for you to come share this right now at my linky party.
Newest follower!
♥Linsey

Anonymous said...

I love everthing about this room. Love the bedspread. The twig on the wall. Hose picture, chair, and dresser are great. The mirror and the hinges are a great touch!

Benita

Anonymous said...

Love it! I have plans to make those curtains. All set as soon as I get that sewing machine out.

farmhouse-story said...

just beautiful! love all your ruffles!

Kelly said...

Love this! You are such a good decorator. Your bedding is just beautiful and I adore the little white dresser. I like the neutral color scheme with the touch of burlap and french accents.

Joi said...

You've done such a great job, Cindy. I love it all, especially that bedspread! If I were a guest in that room, I might not ever go home!

Tina said...

Oh so very pretty! You did a wonderful job. Your guest are sure to enjoy it.

Susan said...

What a beautiful make over! I love all the colors you used in your lovely room!

A room with a view said...

Beautiful, warm and inviting guest room. It could be in any hotel! Love the covered round table..adds to the romantic and comfortable feel of the space.

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your guest room turned out Gorgeous. Looks so calm yet romantic I love it. You did a Amazing job putting this room all together.Thanks for posting.
XXOO Diane

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

No wonder you have a gazillion comments--this room is BEAUTIFUL!!! So lucky to have a window, but regardless, the before picture shows how a nice room could be made BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait for the details! ~Zuni

Stacey said...

Your room is beautiful! The bedding is divine! I also love the suitcase and the horse prints - this is a fabulous room! I would love for you to stop by and link it up to my Creative Inspirations Linky Party happening NOW! I would love to have you!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Rhonda @ home.made. said...

What a gorgeous makeover! I can not wait to find out all of the details!

Visiting from Transformation Thursday...

Jennifer said...

This is stunning. So gorgeous! The details are perfect and that bedspread...swoon! I would love if you could do a guest blog post on my blog about this! Would you do that??

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

What a welcoming room! It is such a serene and restful looking space. I could easily enjoy staying there!

Sharon @ mrs. hines class

Jill ~ Jillify It said...

Wowzers!! I love everything about your guest room! Great job... I would love for you to link up at my blog party going on now!

Jill
www.jillifyit.com

Candylei said...

Wonderful!! Did you make the curtains too? Sp pretty!!!

Candylei said...

Typing on a phone is tricky. Most of the time it changes my words! I wanted to tell you everything is SO pretty!!!

Elliet said...

When can I move in? LOVE the guest room - awesome job!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Gorgeous!! I am in love with the bed linens and the cute slipcovered chair. Thanx for linking to the Open House party.
xo, Sherry

Katie Mansfield said...

I love it. The door hinges really add drama to the door.
Katie

Creative Raisins said...

What a beautiful room, your guests are never gonna leave. The whole feeling of the room is calm and relaxed.

Anonymous said...

I love the bedspread! Did you buy or make it?
Cheryl

Gloria said...

One word: GORGEOUS. (And I loved the BEFORE too!!!!!)
Best,
Gloria

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Beautiful!
... love the make over :)

Greetings from Australia♥

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

gorgeous my friend!!
XO

Anonymous said...

You have so many wonderful things in your guest room! I have taken some screen shots to try and imitate your ideas. I love the books! They are just absolutely adorable!

Shabby Gr8 Dane said...

Very warm and inviting. Maybe your guest will stay too long! I want my guest room to be just like this room when it grows up!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Loving it- and sharing it at the party tonight~ thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

Samm Spangler said...

Ok i HAVE to know where you got that duvet for the bed... Ive been looking for something like that forever and can never seem to find it! Where? where? where?!

Samm
www.LittleHouseintheBigD.com

Cheryl said...

beautiful guest bedroom. I am loving that bedspread. wanting to kno wif you made it or bought it? If you made it,would you share how?

Cassie Bustamante said...

what a gorgeous and welcoming room! i love the curtains and love the equestrian touches!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

What a SUPER classy makeover!! Every detail is just beautiful. Kudos on a great job! Believe it or not, I Posted about our guest room today. But there's a little twist to it. : )
Happy Spring,
Mary Lou

Jena @ Involving Color and Home said...

Cindy, your guest bedroom turned out beautifully! I love the soft paint color in here too. It's the perfect backdrop to all of the wonderful decor! Great job!

Jenny said...

What a romantic and relaxing room. I love all of the tasteful frills you've added here. I'm especially digging the chandelier and bench at the foot of the bed. Thanks for linking up to my Room Evolution Party - I'll be featuring you for this month's party! :-)

Judy Wadsworth said...

Hi Cindy,
Beautiful room!! Where can I find a bedspread like this one but in white? It is so soothing. Great job!
Best,
Judy @www.beautyfromflowers.com

MONICA LIVAS said...

WOW! What a huge different! Your room is fabulous!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".