Beaux R'eves

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentine's Vignette

Let me first start off by saying that I am a Virgo.... Which means that I am a Perfectionist! I had a Tablescape all ready yesterday but I didn't like the way the pictures turned out so I am not going to post it until next week.  Can any of you relate to my Virgoness??? 

So let me show you a little Valentine's Vignette that I have in my Entry.  Preface by saying that it's no showstopper but it makes me happy everytime I walk by... And everytime my Daughter walks by.... As the Chocolate is almost gone now, but we are BOTH happy!!!
 I purchased the adorable little Bird candy dishes (or whatever you want to put in there) from Hautelook.  I LOVE Hautelook, they are my favorite for great clothes and deals.
The clock I found at Steinmart at 75% off because it had a little Chip in it. Furniture Markers to the Rescue!
The table runner was a gift and the planter is from a consignment shop where they sold a set of three for something  like $14.00. 
I love my painting that we bought while on vacation in Italy on the Amalfi coast.  25th wedding present from Mr. Beaux. Now how Romantic is that?  And the chest I believe I picked up at Nebraska Furniture Mart a while back for a Model Home but somehow it wound up in MY house. How does that Happen? 

 So, I'm joining Tablescape Thursday at BNOTP my favorite link party. And here is a preview of my Table for next week!

Beaux R'eves!
XO Cindy
Sharing at:
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at
The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at
Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special


36 click here to Comment:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Beautiful. Love your chest and your vignette is stunning. I really like the way you have angeled the runner. Great display and so welcoming. Hugs, Marty

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Very pretty vignette! Love those bird dishes.

Alycia Nichols said...

Gee, Cindy...how DOES that happen that you buy something for a model home and it miraculously ends up at yours? I have NEVER done that! ;-) The chest looks great in your foyer, though, so I think it found the right home! I'm not a Virgo, but I'm a Gemini so I can relate in that one side of me loves what I do but the other side hates it so I end up re-doing it over and over and over again! Pretty vignette! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Liz@A Dish Here, A Glass There said...

Great Vignette- love the chest! The clock and the planter- but that picture stole my heart! What a treasure!

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Anything that makes you smile every time you walk by is wonderful, isn't it? Your chest and vignette and perfect for Valentine's Day!

Maggie said...

This is so lovely and fun to have something that makes you stop (the candy) and smile (the picture) everytime you walk by. So well put-together.

dee dee said...

Beautiful entry!
Dee Dee

Tricia said...

This is a gorgeous vignette! I would be dipping into those candy bowls on every pass through the entry! I inherited a clock similar to yours, so now you have me thinking about how I might use it!

sweet violets said...

Love those candy dishes....and its a good thing to smile!!!

Unknown said...

Lovely chest! Thanks for sharing JoAnn

Unknown said...

Cute! I love the subtle V-Day decorations. Stopping by from transformation thursday.

Unknown said...

I can only say WOW! I love the chest and everything else!It would make me smile too! Beautiful!
Blessings My Friend,

wheatgerm said...

I love the candy display

Entertaining Women said...

Lovely. I was trying to see a close view of the painting. Looked like it might be the Hotel Bellevue Syrene in Sorrento? One of my favorite spots on Earth. Thank you for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Blondie's Journal said...

This is beautiful!! I love the candy dishes and the painting is lovely. You have tied everything in so well!

I'm looking forward to your tablescape next week!

XO,
Jane

Robin said...

That chest is to die for! I love your "subtle" Valentine's entry. I think it's alot harder to do than a tablescape!

Robin
Robin Flies South

Tea in Texas said...

I really love the candy dish with the bird's on top and it is my favorite. Your other accessories were really tempting and lovely for a Valentine Style display. I am looking forward to your table next week. Happy Tablescaping! Pam

Marlis said...

Beautiful chest and amazing painting. They are truly made for each other. Love your candy dishes too. That would be soo dangerous around here! xo marlis

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

How pretty!! That chest is gorgeous, and every single piece on it contributes beautifully to the whole vignette. Very, very nice--love it! ~Zuni

Debbie said...

It's all really beautiful to me. I relate to the perfectionist thing. That's why half the stuff I do never makes it to my blog. I'm CONSTANTLY trying to make it look better.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love your vignette, Cindy! That cache pot is wonderful. I haven't seen anything that nice at the thrift stores here yet. Ooooh, loving the centerpiece for your tablescape for next week. Such a great container and I love hydrangeas!

Leslie's Garden said...

I think it's a wonderful vignette! I am really drawn to the painting, it's framed beautifully, too. I love it all!

Honey at 2805 said...

It's easy to see shy it makes you happy! Thank you for sharing your wonderful vignette at Potpourri Friday!

Susan said...

This a beautiful vignette. I love how you put it together. The chest is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love your chest and the little birds on top of the candy dishes. What a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day for weeks. I can't pass a candy dish full of M&M's without taking a few. Thanks for sharing.

Denver, CO

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I love the pretty bird candy dishes! So fun to have a little bit of Valentines for your family to enjoy :) I love the hydrangeas you have for the next post!

~Shanon

A Perfect Setting said...

Hi Cindy, yes that also happened to me this week. Had a table set up, but just wasn't working for me... so back to the drawing board for next week lol! Your vignette makes me happy as well!! Love those little bird containers, and that painting from Italy is gorgeous!!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Beautiful vignette Cindy! I love that planter and of course, hydrangeas are my favorite flower! The painting and chest are fabulous!

Have a great weekend!

Lou Cinda :)

Sarah said...

Your vignette is charming. What a wonderful sight to greet your guests. Candy sitting in a jar would be dangerous for me. ;-)
Happy Valentine's Day ~ Sarah

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
You know I love Vignette and your's is Beautiful! I love the way you had put this all together sweet. Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my 2011 Tablescape for Valentine's day. I hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend. I'am going to put a new Tablescape on this Sunday for Valentine's hope you come see me.
XXOO Diane

Rooms by Ann said...

Your Vignette is lovely, That's a great chest and it looks wonderful altogether.

Maria Elena said...

Beautiful vignette! And the chest is gorgeous!

daisymarie said...

Lovely vignette. I especially like the picture of the Amalfi coast!

Cindy

Mimi said...

Lovely vignette. Thanks for sharing.

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi Cindy,

You have such a beautiful entryway! Love those glass candy dishes with all the lovely pink within! :) Thank you also for your kind words on my post - I truly appreciate it. Wishing you a most lovely weekend!


Take care,
Jessie

Debra@CommonGround said...

This is SO pretty. love your furniture grouping there in the entry. the birdie containers with candy really is "sweet"!! thanks so much for linking up to VIF! xo

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".