Beaux R'eves

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pinned to Perfection!

It's my third installment of 
"Stop Pinning and DO Something!"

Here is the Inspiration picture Pinned from Pinterest a while back.
Pinterest.com





 I fell in love with the Plates over the bed and thought that our Master Bedroom needed something just like that to snazz it up a bit. 

We painted about a month ago and I have been trying to make small changes a little at a time.  I love Ironstone and have been collecting it at Antique shops and Thrift stores when I find a piece I like.  I love the creamy color and the weight of the plates.  

I measured the space from the bed to the ceiling and the width of the Rod Iron Bed and cut a piece of Butcher Paper the same size.  I ran out of paper so I used wrapping paper too. I measured the halfway spot and marked it with a Sharpie.  I set out my plates until I found a pleasing arrangement. 
 And, then I traced around the plates with a Sharpie and hung it up on the wall to see if I liked it!

From this point I called in Mr. Beaux!  I'm not that tall and I couldn't see putting a ladder on top of the bed!
He put a nail hole where he thought each hook would be and when we took the paper down you could easily see the holes to hang the hooks.

Just a little bit of tweaking and in the end I decided that I didn't like the two plates on the bottom so I left them off.  But overall I am very happy and even though there is a lot more "tweaking" to do in the room I like the results of this episode of 
"Stop Pinning and DO Something!"

Beaux R'eves!
XO Cindy


Sharing at:
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Keeping it Simple
A Sort of Fairytale
Beth at
The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures 
Evolution of Style 
Tutus & Tea Parties Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Someday Crafts Whatever Goes Wednsday
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Jill at French Cupboard for Voila!French Inspiration on Thursdays 


Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Between U & Me
Cindy at
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at
The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Five Days...5 Ways

 Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special


58 click here to Comment:

dee dee said...

I need to go thrifting with you! What great finds! and they add so much to the head of your bed!
Dee Dee

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

I actually know the owner of that pic you found on Pinterest. Her name is Suzanne, and she was so amazingly proud of her bedroom. It is a great inspiration, and yours turned out wonderful too. I like to use the paper technique as well. Saves on a lot of guesswork. :)

Rooms by Ann said...

What a great idea I love using plates all over the house.Look's great.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

I love white plates over the brd...I have them, too! Lovely! Have a great week!...hugs...Debbie

Anonymous said...

You did a fabulous job now come hang some for me. It looks like a magazine photo. Pat

Maureen Wyatt said...

Looks great! Can one ever have too many ironstone pieces? Noooo. ~ Maureen

Debbie said...

Not only do I relate to the "stop pinning and do something" challenge, but I also love the love of the plates over bed. On top of that, your paper tip is a GREAT one. I'm going to remember that and stop being so doggone chicken to make a hole in a wall.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

This is beautiful! well done!

Atticmag said...

It's great to see how everyone tackles plate hanging. I have two huge walls to do in my dining room. The colors work very well and there's plenty of room to add to your collection if you like. Lovely.

WhyCuzICan said...

Good job on fnishing the job that inspired you :) darling plate deco and thanks for the tips :)


Visiting from Nifty Thrifty Thurs at Linda's Coastal Charm's party,
Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois
WhyCuzICan

A Few Pennies said...

How beautiful and cozy is that! I love the whites and neutrals in the plates and platters with your room decor--so pretty.

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea!! It looks so much easier with your method.The plates look so pretty above your bed.

Kathy

Samantha said...

Looks really good! Your before was fine, but the plates definitely add a lot! I like your idea to do something with your "pins" - I should take note, ha ha! Visiting from MM.

Terry said...

I have nightmares about doing this sort of thing so I'm happy to see the magician reveal the hard work that made it possible.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I adore plates as well and love them above the bed. Such a cozy room!

SLR said...

looks really great and i love your motto here..."stop pinning, etc." i get obsessed with pinterest sometimes...lol! thank you for sharing how you planned to hang the plates, i'll have to try that sometime!

SLR said...

p.s. i'm having a link party at my blog tomorrow if you would like to link this up...just stop by tomorrow after 7am EST.
:)

Maria @ All Things Luxurious said...

Wow! I love this so much! It looks absolutely beautiful! Well done! :-)

Sue said...

Looks great, Cindy! I saw your inspiration picture and thought it looked good, with all of its interesting plates and platters. You can always continue adding to your wall vignette as you come across more plates, too. Have fun shopping for them! ~ Sue

thistlewoodfarm said...

Absolutely wonderful job....speaking of pinning! I am pinning this! You truly have accomplished your "impossible."
Thanks for participating in our party!
blessings,
karianne

Fat Dormouse said...

What a great idea! I would never have considered plates in a bedroom - but it works! Congratulations on a really pleasing display.

Janel from NellieBellie said...

That looks great! Way to do something with the Pinterest pins...instead of just pinning!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I love the theme of this post - stop pinning and start doing! I need a bit of that mentality right now!
Your plates look so pretty against that wall color. Just lovely.

Linda @ It All Started with Paint said...

Wow, what a difference that makes in your bedroom. Really finishes off that wall nicely. Great tutorial too ...

Thanks so much for sharing at our "impossibilities" challenge ...

Linda

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Found you on Pinterest and I'm now your newest follower. I have so many plates collected from GW and yardsales and decided to hang some above the bed, so glad I found you now to get some butcher paper;)
♥Rondell

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Love this! It looks beautiful over your bed and on that wall!!

Lou Cinda

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

First I absolutely LOVE the idea behind your stop pinning and start doing plan. Such a good "get off your butt" motivator!! And your plate wall - just AWESOME! Great tutorial too, on the template. Give Mr. Beaux a big thanks from me!

Thank you so much for joining the challenge!
Karah

Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating said...

Beautifully done! I love plates hung on a wall. And your arrangement is just perfect! Love how you did the template...such a great tip.

Unknown said...

This is amazing! Great job! Thanks for sharing your "impossibility"! <3 from your newest follower and fellow {brand-new} blogger! Check out my "impossibility" and follow back!

~Misty
www.413sparrowlane.com

Cindy Adkins said...

That looks fantastic! I never would have thought of hanging plates in a bedroom, but I really, really like it!
Hugs, Cindy

â„łartina @ Northern Nesting said...

LOVE IT!! Just became your newest follower would love if you followed me back.

Eclectically Vintage said...

Great thrift shop scores!! Great idea - when I hung my plate wall, I just eyeballed it!! So glad you joined our Impossibilities Challenge!
Kelly

Tonya @ Love of Family And Home said...

Looks great!! Your bedroom is beautiful! Love the colors!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Your collection of plates looks lovely over your bed. Nice!

Danielle

Karen said...

Ingenious! Very inspiring. I have a lot of plates and photos that I need to hang and this certainly is a good tip on how to go about it.
Thanks!
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and how clever of you to use the paper to make a template! I am currently collecting the perfect plates to do the same type display over our bed AND I am looking for the perfect shade of blue paint for my walls..I'm thinking you have already discovered it. May I ask what shade you used on the BR walls!
Thank you!
Gail

Babs said...

Love the plate arrangement over the bed. Thanks for sharing the great way to place the plates before putting a bazillion nail holes in the wall. Thanks for the tip and great look.
Babs

Unknown said...

Hi Gail!Thank you for your comments! The color is Sherwin Williams Topsail SW 6217. I loke it but I wanted a color a little more grey but I'm living with it for now!
XO Cindy

Sherry said...

Oh wow, you truly did a splendid job...it looks beautiful over your bed. I'm your newest follower.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I think I will post that on my refrigerator!!
You did a great job with the plates...I have the same platter!!

Shanee said...

Beautifully done! Love the colors in your room....my room is Topsail as well. Thanks for sharing.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love doing plate vignettes..Your plates look absolutely marvelous over the bed. Job so well done!

Sarah@budgetfriendlydecorating said...

I really like this..so pretty and thanks for the tutorial!
Sarah
www.budgetfriendlydecorating.com

Joi said...

Very pretty, Cindy! You've inspired me to get off my duff and hang the white plates I've been collecting for my guest room too!

Lilac & Lavender said...

Very nice! The original photo was very inspiring, and your result is just as beautiful!

KimMalk said...

How pretty. It even looks like you have room to add to your collection when you find more ironstone. Nice!

Diann said...

Oh it looks beautiful! What a wonderful job you did. And congrats on "Just doing it". I can totally relate. I can sit and "pin" forever but, it is time to just fo it! Thank you for joining TTF and I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Honey at 2805 said...

It's beautiful! Thank you for linking your lovely project to Potpourri Friday!

Mary @ Sea Quilts said...

I am a plate hanger from way back, and I am so impressed with your precision. My "precision" generally involves a lot of extra holes in the wall.

Also lovin' the light blue plates.

Thanks for the peek ~
Mary @ Sea Quilts

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Looks lovely!
Visiting from Feathered Nest Friday :)

Greetings from Australia♥

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

Great post~ when you said stop pinning & Do something, I thought for sure, you were talking to Me~ I do love your wall of plates, perfect idea to map it out on the butcher paper, I of course would just start willy nilly, hammering and making holes, thinking I could always cover the hole with another plate~ Thanks for sharing, hope you'll stop on by for a visit...
Have a wonderful weekend
Cheryl

Ames said...

Popping in from Diann's Thrifty Things Friday. Love the look you have created. I too love ironstone and I think I eventually want this look as well.~Ames

Natasha in Oz said...

Wow, what a result! You did a brilliant job. How cool to see that you are making what you pin-good on you!

Best wishes,
Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

Miss Kitty said...

Love that look! Thanks for posting that great idea for deciding where to hang items and then the marking of the paper for the actual hanging. I saw your post as one of the ones featured at Linda's "Coastal Charm".

Elegant Economies said...

Love plates! Love your tutorial! Love your blog! New follower.
Audrey

Rita's Recipes said...

The white plates look great above the black wrought iron bed.

Lori said...

What did you use to hold the plates to the wall?

Anonymous said...

Nice job on your plate wall - it looks lovely! I've got this linked to my plate walls post too today, well done!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".