Beaux R'eves

Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Finds and A Room Re-do

I'm so excited to show you my Friday Finds and share a re-do Before at the same time.  I'm still in the middle of preparing for Mom so I only have a minute or two...

I was out doing some bargain hunting for work.  I always need a ton of accessories and NOW is the best time to get the good deals!  Everything is discounted before the new spring inventory is put out.  And believe me they are starting to put it all out there!  
From Ballard website
 I have been looking for a white Garden Seat FOREVER!!! I just refuse to pay over $100 for one.  In the 
Ballard Catalog they have them right now for $139.00.  Too much for me to pay.  So I am at Home Goods yesterday and one of  the Gals that works there is wheeling her cart to place new merchandise out and what do I see???  

YES!!! I almost had a heart attack when she said it was only $49.00.  I couldn't get it in my cart fast enough!  Wheeeeeeeee!  I think it is prettier than the Ballard one and the price was oh so sweet.

My other finds bring me to my Room Re-Do.  I've been collecting items to redo the guest bedroom downstairs in the Basement.  I didn't have time to get any of it finished before Mom visits but I am going to make a few changes right now so I wanted to take pictures to show you the REAL Before shots.
 I hate showing this picture but it's the real deal.  This room is kind of a catch-all for discarded furniture.  I mean it looks OK I guess but it's not really saying "I care about my Guests".  And then the Silk Plaid Chair got thrown in there and it doesn't match AT ALL!!! It was in my bedroom until we did a mini re-do in there.  
 Another View:  The table had a pitiful tablecloth over it.  It's an antique leather inset table that my Mom gave to me a while back. 
The Armoire is ancient from when Mr. Beaux and I were first married 29 years ago.  See what I mean about discarded furniture?  

So, here are my Inspiration Photos: All from Pinterest (where else?)



OK, you get the idea.  The room is badly in need of paint and I already have a few Gallons of SW 7555 Patience from a sale that they had for 40% off.  

My other Fabulous Friday Find is this Bedspread...

Looks exactly like the one in the first Inspiration Photo right?  I had been eying it at Stein Mart for about three weeks and at $75.00 I just couldn't buy it.  I went in a few days before Christmas and checked to see if it was still there... I finally decided that it was meant to be and picked it up a little regretfully, as I thought the next time I come to check on it it will be gone.  The cute little checkout boy, and I mean boy he looked about 18, reached under the counter and scanned a 30% off coupon and sang out "Merry Christmas"!!!  Well Merry Christmas to me indeed! Final price was $49.00!  Patience pays off again.
 Here are two sweet pillows that I might use. One was $8.00 and the other $12.00. Home Goods and Tuesday Morning I think.

My last item is this A-Dorable print that I picked up in a Consignment shop about a month ago.  

So there you have it!  My Friday Finds and Room Re-Do in the making.  Sorry if this post is a little Rambly I just have a million things on my mind...

Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

Sharing at:
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottagefor Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday

Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Rachelle at Fingerprints on the Fridge for Feature Yourself Friday
Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

DIY Show Off
Between Naps On the Porch
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesdays Treasures
Savvy Southern Style
DIY by Design







55 click here to Comment:

Maureen Wyatt said...

Wow! You pretty much captured the inspiration look, entirely with bargains! Can't wait to see it done! ~ Maureen

Debra@CommonGround said...

Fun post, I have a guest room that really needs a makeover!! You've given me some great ideas! thanks for joining in for VIF, xo

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Wow, you really got some great things, at great prices! Can't wait to see the room reveal!

debbie refresh restyle said...

Great inspiration and great finds!
Debbie

Unknown said...

Oh My..this room is going to be just awesome...Can't wait to see it done..Your mom will enjoy sleeping in the new room for sure..of course you have a good room with good bones to start off with...and great things ready to go, have fun doing the room..

~Shirley

Inspired by you said...

I think I need to make rounds at my local Stein Mart, Homegoods, and Tuesday Morning. The room has all the makings to be beautiful! It was already nice though.

Tina said...

WOW! What great deals. I can't wait to see the finished room. Have a great time with your mom. :0)

Unknown said...

LOL, It's a weekly ritual! A Grande non-fat Latte in hand and I make the rounds. I can't wait to get started, stay tuned...

FerrellGraph-x said...

Oooh my that bedding is so fabulous!!!
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

dee dee said...

Can't wait to see it all put together!
Dee Dee

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Thanks for sharing your finds and ideas. I do like the bedspread and can't wait to see your finished room. But for now, enjoy your Mom, the time goes so quickly.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

I just love finding what I've been looking for and at a bargain too!
I also fell in love with LaurieAnna's new guest bedroom...great inspiration!

Becca Bertotti said...

Love the new garden seat ... Home Goods rocks! And, I look forward to seeing the revamped bedroom!

Pieced Pastimes said...

Wow, that bedspread does look just like the pinterest bed and you really made out with the coupon! I am thinking that your bedroom will be just beautiful.

Jennelise said...

Fabulous finds! I love the bedspread with the deep skirt!
Jennelise

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

I have a bedspread like that. I got mine from JC Penny when I worked there love it and the embroidered pillows....love your ideas.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great bargain hunter you are...with patience and charm...I don't get 30% discounts just thrown at me. You have a lot of great pieces to feature in the room. I can't wait to see it.

Enjoy the time with your Mom.

Anonymous
Denver, CO

Chris said...

Hi Cindy, I must say, you found a barrelful of wonderful bargains. I would have loved to have been out shopping with you, LOL Thanks so much for sharing and enjoy spiffing up the spare room. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Bring Pretty Back said...

That is EXACTLY what I want for a bedspread and cant find one! Lucky you!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Unknown said...

Love your find! Thanks for sharing joann

Sue said...

OOOH.... I think you picked up some great things, Cindy. Luv that bedding and that white garden seat is so much prettier than Ballards. Have fun working on your room~ Sue

Roeshel said...

Awesome finds and I can't wait to see the transformation! Love the inspiration! :)

Scribbler said...

Lucky you finding that spread. I am going to see if I can score a garden stool like that! Our HG is bare, bare, bare! I assume they are waiting till after inventory to restock.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the room, and your inspiration pics are fabulous. The pillows, linens and picture are all fabulous. Can't wait to see it all done. Hugs, Marty

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Wow, you found some great buys! Love the white 'stool'! And the pics are great! Can't wait to see it all put together!!

Betsy Brock said...

I love your inspiration photos! I'm quite partial to grey, too. You know, I'm painting all of my interior doors black this week. Your doors would look really cool with those new design thoughts and ideas. I had white ones with white woodwork, too...and I can't believe how rich and expensive they look now. I'll post them on MM next Monday.

Lovely blog..and don't you just love Home Goods???

Okio B Designs said...

Oh those pillows are to die for! And I love your Pinterest inspiration. =) Coming over from Between Naps on the Porch and your newest follower!

Jeanine

xinex said...

Beautiful finds at great prices!..Christine

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Oh my, that little Home Goods find is awesome. I your inspiration pics for the guest room are beautiful, I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Have you had a chance to check out our little Challenge? It's not too late to join. My project update post just went up. http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/word-of-the-year-and-i-might-be-screwed-just-once-a-gallery-wall-experiment-update/

I am your newest follower!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

I love all your inspiration! Your bedroom is going to be gorgeous. Can't wait to see it all finished!

Beth @A Little Country House said...

I don't know where you are located, but if you go to my sisters at Burlap Street blog, they make headboards just like the ones in your inspiration room at a killer price, check them out and tell em Beth sent ya! They will ship to you.

Leslie's Garden said...

How fun! I can't wait to see how you bring it all together. I'll be sure to check back!

Town and Country Gals said...

Your inspiration photos are gorgeous! The first one was my favorite and the spread from Steinmart, fabulous! What a great deal and surprise Christmas present! The pillows are adorable, homegoods is one of my favorite stores! Can't wait to see the fininshed room! Visiting from Knick of Time.
Rebecca

Karen said...

You got some beautiful things and what great deals. I love your inspiration pics.

Eileen @ Cottage Beach House said...

You must have been doing the yippee skippee shake when you spotted that white garden seat at Home Goods.(One of my favorite stomping grounds) What a score. It is prettier than Ballards green one. It has a nicer design. And that bedspread you found it awesome. Another dance moment when he popped out the coupon. I love those kind of shopping days!
I think your bedroom is very pretty as it is, but I can see you have some sweet plans for it too!

foreverdecorating said...

Get busy girl...I can't wait to see the outcome. I'm gonna love this!!!!

Unknown said...

Hello Cindy, I'm new to your blog found you over at Krista's and I must say, You are my kind of shopper, I keep telling my friends and clients, It can be done you just have to know what to look for... I can't wait to see the room when you get done with it.. Your newest follower

~~Pattie~~

Pamela said...

I am still in the process of our guest room makeover and we share some of the sam inspiration pics! I can't wait to see ho wit turns out. Honestly it does not look bad right now but I know how it feels to wanna a change. Did your bedding come with the shams?? If they are sold sepereatly I may have to make my way to Steinmart and get the shams. If I had seen that bedding I would have snagged it too even at the $74 price! Shoot it even takes cars of a bedskirt!

Sass - aka - Kathy said...

I can't wait - looks like it will be amazing! Consider sharing with my readers at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2012/01/sasss-sunday-salvation-show-7.html

Unknown said...

You are right Judy!

Unknown said...

ooooohhhhh! I can't wait to see that! Sounds wonderful! And yes, I do love me some Home Goods!

Unknown said...

Thank you for following Jeanie! I love new "friends"

Unknown said...

I will check it out Karah!

Unknown said...

Thanks Beth I will give it a "look"!

Unknown said...

Thanks Pattie! And thanks for following... You are 100% right! It just takes some diligent work and patience to find the right pieces.

Unknown said...

Nope, unfortunately no Shams! What a Sham!!! But Stay tuned to see the Reveal...

Brandi said...

You found some really nice things! I love your bedspread!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Oh Cindy, your room is going to look AHHHHH MAZING!!! Can't wait to see it done! LOve the bedspread, it is PERFECT! XO, Pinky

Nann said...

Cindy this is my first time here and am I impressed. Your redo is going to be just gorgeous. You are definitely pulling it all together. I love all your gatherings so far! And the bedspread for $49 just did my heart good. I too am a bargain hunter. I saw you on one or two of the Linky parties...Wow Us Wednesdays for one and just had to come. And I'm so glad I did. I'm a new blogger of just two months but I have come to love the great people, like yourself, out here in bloggerland!
I am now following you and just can't wait to see your new amazing room. It will be absolutely beautiful!!

Nann

chateau chic said...

Gorgeous inspiration pics. Can't wait to see the end result when putting together all our wonderful finds.
Your newest follower, Mary Alice

Kathy said...

I love french anything too and can't wait to see this done!!! Coming from Kim's party so glad I stopped by I love a good project

Chatty Chics said...

What a great find! And I think the room is so pretty, especially with the plaid chair (love the different patterns together!) but hey, what do I know?
Melody
ChattyChics.com
PS Come show it off at my place today if you can! You could win a $5 Starbucks card!
http://chattychics.com/2012/01/17/need-inspiration-wild-wednesdays/

eleven-o-one said...

Those are great finds and absolutely priced right! I love your choices. I've been looking for a garden seat for over a year and won't pay the big bucks either. I think I've talked myself out of it at this point. Lucky you to find that one! I love Home Goods.
Fran

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Cindy, I've drooled over the single beds with those amazing long ruffle/pleated coverlets, too. I've seen them at Horchow and Neiman Marcus...pricy but beautiful. Sometimes you can catch a great sale on their bedding products.

butterfliesbrainstorms said...

Hi!!! I love your room makeover. Working on one myself and you have given me some great inspiration. Have to tell you that I wanted on of the seats for my patio and fearing that it might get destroyed outdoors, I pd $29.00 at Old Time Pottery. It still looks great, this is it's 2nd year.

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".