Beaux R'eves

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Year of the Dragon!

Happy Chinese New Year!
This year is the year of the Dragon!  
Monday January 23, 2012
 I love to create a table with all of my beautiful things from my travels to China. (This Dragon excluded, he was a Target purchase).  Mr. Beaux spent over three years working in Shanghai and Hong Kong (he would stay for six weeks at a time) and my family had the pleasure of accompanying him on more than one occasion.  The people are so friendly and they loved my son's Blonde hair!    


Aren't these Dragons so whimsical and playful?






 I purchased these beautiful placemats at a Bazaar in Shanghai along with the table runner.  We had an interpreter help us to "Bargain" with the shop owners.  I couldn't understand what they were saying but I love a good Bargain!
  These gorgeous teacups belonged to a set that was a gift to us.  I almost died when I was cleaning one day and I broke the Teapot into a million tiny little pieces!
The plates are from Target ($3.99 for a set of four) and the red bowls are from Crate and Barrel.
 I picked up these Money envelopes from World Market.  Love the Red and Gold Designs.
 The cutest old man on You Tube showed me how to fold these Bird of Paradise Napkins!

 Daises and White pom pom flowers fill the Red "take out" boxes.
 Can't you imagine the Dragons parading down the street!
 The Three Chinese Wise Men are on alert to provide us Wealth, Prosperity, and Longevity!
These were a gift from a very dear friend of ours.  The wise men should be placed somewhere in your living or Dining Room in a row, not too low and not directly facing the Front Door or the Outside. 
 I've left an offering of Oranges for good luck!
Time for Tea!
 It's going to be a FUN celebration!
 Happy Chinese New Year!
We will be celebrating with my Mom as she is coming into town to visit this Friday.  I have a million things to do between now and then!  
Beaux R'eves!

XO Cindy

Sharing at:
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

Susan at Between Naps on the Porch 



9 click here to Comment:

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Very cute table and so festive!! Love the colors too!

Alycia Nichols said...

Hooray! I'm not the only one focused on Chinese New Year! I did a very traditional one last year for a party at our house, but this year I just did one for fun that's not quite as traditional. I'm thrilled that you have the cool stuff from Shanghai! It all looks great! I went on a treasure hunt of sorts looking for dragons, but to no avail. Watch...a week after the holiday, I'll find about 100 of them somewhere! :-) We have a friend who is from Shanghai, but he has not visited there in a couple of years. I am going to beseech him to bring back (or mail back, if necessary!) a few choice items. Sorry to hear about the teapot! Ouch! I know how that feels!!! Have a great night!

Maureen Wyatt said...

What a wonderful table setting. Love the lanterns and the info you shared with us. Thanks for the side trip to the far east! ~ Maureen

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I love it! Beautiful table!

Liz@A Dish Here, A Glass There said...

Wow, you have some great items! The dragons and the Three Chinese Wise Men are really nice! Love your little bowls (sorry about that teapot- I would have cried)
I like your square bowl- it gives just that right touch! Lucky you having visited China!

Marlis said...

I love how you've woven facts into this table.. Your table is stunning. The lanterns are an amazing sight. Great table.. xo marlis

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a wonderful table! I love your wise men and those lanterns. Those dragons are just too adorable!

Susie @ Step inside my home said...

Your celebration of the Chinese New Year is amazing. I love the rich and vibrant colors. We traveled all around China several years ago. I wore hats most of te time to cover up my very blonde hair because of all the stares I received from mostly the children in the rural parts. :-). It truly is a fascinating country. Susie

Olive said...

The lanterns are so festive. I love the dragons. My daughter adores anything remotely Asian.

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".