Beaux R'eves

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Easter Table

Happy Spring!  
And Happy Easter! 
 The weather around here has been simply delightful!  
Lots of 70-80 degree temps. 
 I'm tempted to start planting flowers outside but I've been bitten by that bug before and guess where it bit me? 
So for now I'll stick with Flowers Inside!
  Last week I shared my Charles Faudree 
  This week I'll show you the tablescape for Easter that I created using those little cuties.  
Each place setting received it's own basket.  
I wanted the Flowers to be the star of this table so I kept the rest of the colors neutral.  The placemats are a pale green and the rest of the china and accessories are in soft colors and whites.  Please pay no attention to the fact that I forgot to put the chargers (that were sitting right there on the chair) under the plates before I started taking pictures. 
And here the silver charger magically appears!  
Lenox Butterfly china sits atop my wedding Noritake "Anticipation" china.  I have collected the salad plates, bowls and bread plates in the butterfly pattern, but I would rather mix them than match them all together.  I'm using my Estate sale silverpate flatware circa 1904 and the water goblets that have been in my family for over a hundred years.  The wine glasses are a mixture of what I have in the dish cupboard, some were gifts and others from Pottery Barn years back.
Miss Beaux and I were on the hunt for pastel Easter eggs one day after school.  I drug her to Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and a few other stores with no luck.  They were all too bright and shiny.  Why is it that you get something in your head and then you can't find it anywhere?  We did find these with ribbons on them.  I placed them in my silver egg cups with grass poking out of the sides.  

 Each "purse" tied up with a pretty pastel ribbon.  

 Sweet white bunnies nestled on a silver platter patiently awaiting the Easter guests.

A larger bunny resides next to my Silver Chalkboard Platter to welcome them. 
I want to show you these napkins that I made. 
 Yes, I said "made".
While we were visiting my Mother In Law a few weeks ago she felt well enough to show off her awesome sewing machine.  She showed me how to make these napkins.  I'm so glad that we were able to visit her and that all of the family was there.  Sewing was her latest passion and to see her get excited while sitting at the sewing machine was so much fun. After showing me how to make the first one I did the rest on my own.  These napkins will always be very special to me and although they are not perfect I am proud to say that I made them with her and thrilled to put them on my table. 

Let's Hop on over to my sideboard and see what's happening.  Remember when I took you along on a trip to Nell Hill's?  
We saw these cute Burlap music note bunnies.
  Well, sadly I haven't been back to buy them
but I did find these at SteinMart.
 Lucky me!  
I snipped some branches from my crab-apple trees 
and placed them in the vase.  
The pastel eggs hang precariously on the branches.  
 Aren't they the cutest! 
 And look, there is more of that photography magic happening.  Now you don't see the nest with eggs propped up next to the bunny above and now you do.  
Three charming bunny candles all lined up ready to serve up something delicious.  White covered serving dish from One Kings Lane.  Salt and Pepper set from Costco
 a million years ago.  
Since I couldn't find any pastel eggs I made my own.
  I guess egg salad is in my future...
Thank you each and every one of you for visiting my blog and leaving the most precious comments.  I know that every blogger says this and you might think that it is not heartfelt, but it truly means the world to me that you would take the time to leave such genuine and kind comments. 
Wishing you a wonderful Easter!

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy
I'm Linking this up with:
  Spring Week
 
 Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
 Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
  Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish 
  The Tablescaper: Seasonal Sunday

38 click here to Comment:

dee dee said...

Cindy,
this is one of the most beautiful tables I've seen.... ever!
the flower purses, white china, polished silver... and all those bunnies! Love it all!
Dee Dee

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh your tablescape for Easter - and those AMAZING handmade flower basket purses is outstanding.

I keep looking at each photo, wow you did an amazing job- your entire space is transformed into magic!

VERY VERY WELL DONE, MA'AM!

Alycia Nichols said...

You have completely and totally outdone yourself, young lady! My goodness! This is a really, really pretty table!!! I like eggs with the ribbon that you found. The ribbon gives them a little extra oomph! The burlap bunnies are cute, too!!! I have never bought anything at Nell Hills, but I hear they have a lot of cool stuff. You probably paid a more reasonable price at Stein Mart, though. I'm all about saving the $$$!!! I am so happy that you had a chance to sit with your mother-in-law and do something that you will not only always remember but always truly cherish. That's a true blessing.

Andrea said...

your table is gorgeous! Lucky are the people who get to enjoy it with you this Easter!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your table is so pretty! I just can't get over the little purse/baskets you made. And your own napkins! Beautiful dishes and glassware, too! I love it all! Time to make some egg salad, which I always find myself doing Easter morning!

XO,
Jane

Deserae said...

Your Easter tablescape is so stunning! I had to go back and look at it all twice to make sure I didn't miss a single thing!!! Those handmade flower basket purses are gorgeous....and so sweet :o)
~Des

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Great job, Cindy!

ellen b said...

Just beautiful. All so very creative...

Marigene said...

Very beautiful Easter table. Love the burlap bunnies.

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Cindy, this table is just gorgeous! I had to go back and see how you made those little purses--I never would have guessed. They are very professional! I love the idea of the napkins you made with you MIL. You will always enjoy using them now. Just beautiful!! Linda

Marlis said...

Cindy.. this is a fabulous table.. oh goodness. so inviting and absolutely more fabulous with those flower purses.. Lovee your bunnies, love love this table.. xo marlis

Marlis said...

ooh I hope you aren't upset I pinned a few pictures.. I'll remove them if you want.. xo marlis

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

My eyes just lit up because I had been hoping you would show us the flower purses on your table this week! I will always remember your flower purses and this table is beautiful with the white china and silver. Great job!!

Maureen Wyatt said...

There's so much to say about this beautiful table that I'd use up your comment section! Everything is fabulous but the sentiment behind the water goblets and napkins is the icing on the cake! ~ Maureen

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How beautiful your table is! Sweet bunnies -- how darling those flower purses are!

Scribbler said...

Every detail is perfect! Just fabulous. Thanks so much for inspiring us all today.

Sarah said...

I'd be thrilled to be a guest at this table. Those little baskets are full of charm as are all the special details of this table. Great job!

Rooms by Ann said...

Your tablescape is truly beautiful. You really an eye for putting things together and making it come to life.I love the flowers.Thanks for sharing.

Meredith said...

beautiful table! love all the bunnies!

Debbie said...

Oh my ggodness, I just love this table! I already loved those purses, but it's double the pleasure to see the tablescape.

And I laughed about where the bug bit you. Yep. Got some bug bites just like that!! I like to kill my flowers on the inside where nobody is the wiser but me.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love those flower purses!

I'm subscribing!

Katherine

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful table! And the little purses are just perfect.
And just a thought...
You might want to take a tissue and grasp the stamens loaded with pollen dust to remove it. That dust will stain a table runner and clothing and your hands. It also spoils the look of the lily if it gets knocked on to the petals.

Chubby Chieque said...

OMG... I love love everything on your table.

Fascinating, indeed...

TY for the great idea.

Happy TS,
/CC

Judy Biggerstaff said...

This is gorgeous Cindy, I have scrolled up and down several times to make sure I take it all time. Your napkins are also a treasure, wish I make a machine to do that kind of work. Your should be proud of yourself for making them. This shows me that you are a true designer, such a great job. Thanks for sharing.

Kathleen said...

WOW! What a chocked full of beautiful things to admire. You did a great job on your napkins, and you will always remember the inspiration for them. I love the purses you showed us last week, and your bunnies , sidebar and table are just so perfectly Easter!
I know what you mean about the comments, I feel the same way. I appreciate that people take the time to type some words of encouragement!
Thanks for linking up to Let's Dish!

Tess said...

This is so beautiful! I especially love your silver and your stemware! What IS that silver pattern????

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

I love your spring decor with those blooming flowers! Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)
Have a nice day.

Entertaining Women said...

Absolutely charming in every way! Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

The Tablescaper said...

What an outstanding table! The flowers are nothing short of amazing.

Wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Hi, Cindy. Here's my story so you'll know how anxious I was to see your table and "purses": It's exactly 12:03 AM and I still have office work to get done. I just finished my own post, and when I saw you'd posted yours...well, here I am!! :) These purses are masterpieces--every single one of them! Your whole table is beautiful, but you could probably put paper plates out with these gorgeous purses and no one would mind! :) ~Zuni

Custom Comforts said...

Spectacularly beautiful table and decor! How special your guests will feel when they see all the time and effort you have made to make everything so beautiful.
Cindy

Susan said...

Of all your beautiful things, those burlap bunnies are my favorite! So cute!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

sooo sooo cute the flower purse..the basket...the bunnies...just love it all

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

This is just an amazingly beautiful table. I adore those little purses! All of your rabbits are just beautiful , as well as your dishes.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Stunning! The flower basket purses are fabulous, my goodness! Such an amazing work you did, with the beautiful dishes,loving the burlap bunnies, so cute and elegant too. Gorgeous everything and each element you chose to stage such absolutely fab table. HAPPY EASTER!
FABBY

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Your napkins are gorgeous and how wonderful you made them with your mother-in-law. I'm sure you will always treasure them. Your individual flower purses for each setting are incredible.I enjoyed every detail of your fabulous tablescape.
Happy Easter,
Jane

Elizabeth Edwards said...

what a gorgeous easter table. i just love the handmade purses. so artistic. i can only imagine the comments you would get from your friends & family. hopped over thanks to the bunny blog hop. take care. (:

Little Miss Maggie said...

Beautiful table setting. Love your silver tray blackboard and all the little details. Thanks for inspiring.

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".