Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bench Redo

I love this little bench in my Guest Room.  It actually matches my Master Bed Iron Frame.  I have placed it in many parts of the house and it's been recovered more times than I can count.  
My original plans were to recover the bench in Burlap but those plans went out the window when I had trouble with the transfer onto the Burlap. 
Here is what it looked like before the makeover.
And here is what I found underneath the plaid.  I guess I like plaid!  You can see the Burlap on the left that I used.  Before the Burlap went on I covered the bench in a linen lining fabric that I had.  I didn't want anything showing thru the Burlap.  When the transfer didn't work out I just took the Burlap off and left the lining fabric on there and redid the transfer.  Here is the transfer that I used:
Or you can find it at the Graphics Fairy.    Recovering a bench is easy and only takes a little while.  For this bench I just unscrewed the padded top, took off the old fabric, cut the fabric to size with a few inches on each side leftover and stapled it on with a staple gun.  I would love to have a pro staple gun but I have it do it the hard way with a lot of muscle!  
(forgot to turn off the auto watermark on picassa)

Easy project with great results!  That's the way I like it.

Until Next Time
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

 Sharing with these lovely Blogs:
Newbie Party at Debbie Doo’s Blogging & Blabbing
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Linda at
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Kim at
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at
DIY by Design for the Winter Blues Party
The Brambleberry Cottage
Gina at
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
 Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at
The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at
Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

The Tablescaper: Seasonal Sunday


3 click here to Comment:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Cindy it looked great in all it's stages, LOVE the burlap!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh wow, what a difference!

Look at how that turned out, just perfect!

WELL DONE!

Cyndi ✪ Blue Star said...

Looks great! I'm in the middle of a bench re-do. What transfer method did you use?

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".