Beaux R'eves

Monday, March 26, 2012

Rainy Day Project: Teacup Candles

I'm sure you have seen the Teacup candles 
floating around on Pinterest.  
I have had them pinned for quite a while 
and Miss Beaux had them pinned on her board too. 
   At every Estate Sale, Goodwill trip and Antique Mall run
 we were on the search for Teacups.  
We had everything ready to go, 
the only thing standing in the way was time.
  We have both been so busy.  
With all of the rain last week it was the perfect time to bust out all of our candle-making supplies and wax poetically (sorry) over a cup of tea, or a double boiler.
Here is what we needed to make our candles:
Candle Wax, Candle wicks, scents (they came in a package of four: rain, citrus, lavender, linen  ) Dye for the color, (not entirely necessary, we ended up using crayons instead) 
Place a Bamboo Stick on top of the cup and roll the wick around it to hold the wick in place.
I don't have a double boiler so I put a can on top of (don't laugh) a metal egg slicer.  Boil the wax until it melts and reaches 180 degrees.  Add the color when the wax is all melted.  When you achieve the right color, add the scent.  Add more than you think you need as it fades. 
Here's all of our crayon shavings as we were experimenting.  Pour the wax into the cups and let them dry for 24 hours.  The colors will be lighter when they dry.
You could add these candles just about anywhere.  A nice touch in the Living room, on an end table in the bedroom,

Or, place them all around your bathtub for a nice long soak.
Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy
Newbie Party at Debbie Doo’s Blogging & Blabbing
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Linda at
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Kim at
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at
DIY by Design for the Winter Blues Party
The Brambleberry Cottage
Gina at
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
 Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at
The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at
Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

The Tablescaper: Seasonal Sunday 
 Mom4Real
 Craftionary 
 Finding Fabulous 
 Five Days...5 Ways



26 click here to Comment:

Cristina Garay said...

I had no idea you could color them with crayons!! They look fantastic! I love the teacup sets!

http://www.remodelandolacasa.com

At The Picket Fence said...

Those are so sweet and what a fun project to do with your Miss Beaux! :-)
Vanessa

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

What a lovely project! My husband loves making candles...but he doesn't make candles as pretty as yours!

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Hi Cindy, I was just saying this weekend that I wanted to learn how to make candles! And now I know how! I was also collecting teacups to make pin cushions but now I think I'll use some for candles. Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Tammy

Debra@CommonGround said...

LOVE these!! they are so sweet, and what a great gift they'd make! Love all your pretty cups and saucers! xo

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Wonderful idea for a Mother's Day gift or tea party favors.

You really made some lovelies, thank you for sharing. Must have been really fun for you!

Unknown said...

Great job! They are beautiful! I should make some because I can not find the colors I want for my Easter table Joann

Kelly said...

That looks like a lot of fun to make. I've never made my own candles before. They look so pretty in the tea cups. Thanks for the inspiration!

Rooms by Ann said...

This is such a sweet and lovely project, They turned out just beautiful.I love the fact that it was something you did with miss Beaux. Thanks for sharing.

dee dee said...

Such a fun project to do with your daughter!
dee dee

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

I've made these before but never with such fancy cups. I love yours.

Dee

Tina said...

So cute, inexpensive and easy to make. They look great.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

YOurs are so pretty. Love your teacups and the colors are wonderful. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

So Sweet!! would make great gifts too!

DIYbyDesign said...

I love those candles. I was going to do something similar for a bridal shower for a friend but then she chickened out of it because we had to make over 100!! Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

Mrs. Handyverger said...

Very pretty! I might try my hand at something like this. I remember when I was growing up, we had an arts & crafts program in my small village - we used to make sand candles with old crayons. They didn't smell anywhere near as lovely as I'm sure these do, though!

Okio B Designs said...

Your teacups are just the sweetest! I keep saying I'm going to make some of these. It's tops on my list of spring/summer projects. Hope mine come out as nicely as yours!

Jeanine

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Fun project for you and Miss Beaux. Your double boiler was fun too. I would not have thought to use beautiful teacups for candles but will look pretty sitting around the house.

Rhissanna said...

What a really lovely idea! I could match the scent to the pattern on the teacup. Roses, for instance.

The Porcelain Rose said...

I love vintage tea cup candles! These are so pretty and serve a lovely purpose!
I have wanted to make some for a while now and have collected a number of single cups and saucers. Need to get started and mark this project off my "to do" list.
Thank you for tips and for inspiring us!
Visiting via Wow Us Wednesdays.
Elizabeth

Debbiedoos said...

I absolutely LOVE these candles. I just put tea lights in mine as I did not want to chance ruining my cups. Love that you did colors. Thanks for sharing.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

These are so pretty. I really like the soft colors you chose and I'm sure they smell wonderful.

Maria said...

This is such a nice project, love the pretty teacups AND the candles in them too! Perfect project for a rainy day! This would be such a cute little gift, too!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Great gift idea--very pretty!

Anonymous said...

I have been planning on making some of these. Yours turned out beautifully! Have a super weekend!

Jennelise said...

What a clever and pretty idea! The pink one is my favorite :)
Jennelise

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".