Beaux R'eves

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Flower Purses

One of my favorite designers of all time is Charles Faudree.
  I just love everything he does and have almost all
 of his beautiful books.  
One book that I adore is called
 Country French Florals & Interiors.
You know how much I love Flowers!  
This book is just so full of great ideas and beautiful pictures.  
Source: Charles Faudree
This fantastic tablescape is on the cover of the book
 and has always captivated me.  
Each place setting has a sweet purse made 
totally out of flowers.
Source: Charles Faudree
So, here is my attempt to recreate
 this idea for my upcoming Easter Table. 
 Follow along with me as I show you the steps to make these little beauties!
All of the flowers are from Costco. 
 I just LOVE Costco flowers!  
Two dozen roses for $16.00!  
A garden bunch of flowers for $8.99
 and a mixed bouquet for $14.99.  
Items I had on hand. 
 Floral Pins, Twine, Wire, Floral Foam (has to be the wet kind),tape, shears, bread knife to cut the foam and some fake Hydrangea leaves.
 Cut the Floral Foam into small rectangles
 about 4" X 3" and soak in water.
  I attached the leaves with the floral pins and tied twine around to hold it tight.  
Cut the roses on an angle and place into the wet foam. 
 Pull leaves off is they look brown or bruised.
After filling it with roses set it aside, 
we will finish it off with a handle and ribbon.
I used a large leaf from a Peace Lily 
to wrap around the foam. 
 I placed small flowers in the sides 
and finished it up with a button flower for what else, but a button closure on the purse.
The handle is a branch from the mixed flower bouquet.
How sweet are button flowers in the top of this fluffy purse!  The handle is grasses braided together.
Bright green ribbon contrasts with the lovely peach roses.
 This was Miss Beaux's Fav.
How great are these going to look on my table?
  I had so much fun making these 
and it turned out to be pretty simple.

  Come back next week to see them all on my Easter Table.

Until Next Time
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy
 

I'm Linking this up with:
 Spring Week
Addicted 2 Decorating
Mom4Real
Craftionary 
Finding Fabulous 
Five Days...5 Ways 
 Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Barb at Grits and Glamour for Wild about Mother Nature
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
and
 Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
and Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish 
  Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at
The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at
Common Ground
for Vintage Inspiration Friday S

 The Tablescaper: Seasonal Sunday

52 click here to Comment:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

These are just too sweet. Love them.

At The Picket Fence said...

Those are so darling Cindy! I just love them and everyone who sits down at your Easter table will feel so special! :-)
Vanessa

Alycia Nichols said...

I'm not going to lie about it...I am totally going to use this idea for my next ladies' luncheon! What a great tutorial!!! Your floral purses turned out SO great!!! Outstanding!!!

Alycia Nichols said...

P.S. - Just added this post to my "Favorites" so that I can share your beautiful creations with my next tablescaping class in June! I am sure the ladies would absolutely LOVE these!!!! I might even have them to create some in class!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Cindy, these are beautiful! I LOVE them!

Lou Cinda

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Those are all so beautiful! Super looking and extra special for a party.
I'm at Costco every week. I love that store.

Dee

shannon i olson said...

these are beautiful, just found them on pinterest!! you did a wonderful job recreating them thanks for the tutorial.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Cindy,
What a lovely job you did on those,
and what an adorable idea.........
I have seen some of Charles Faudree's
ideas and they are really amazing.
All your ladies are gonna love these lil purses full of flowers, how could they not???
Thanks for sharing them and look forward to seeing your easter table.

If you soak the foam in water, does the water leak thru the leaves or do you wrap it in cling wrap or something??

May the Lord bless you with a lovely day,
Nellie

dee dee said...

Cindy,
These are simply beautiful! I love each "purse"... and would love to use this idea myself! Thank you for sharing this fantastic idea!
dee dee

sweet violets said...

What a great idea....and you did them beautifully!!! hugs...cleo

Blondie's Journal said...

You did a wonderful job on these...they are just beautiful, Cindy! Your Easter table is going to look gorgeous!

XO,
Jane

Kathleen said...

I love those! Perfect for Easter or a Ladies Lunch.
I will try them!
Tahnks so much for bringing them to
Let's Dish. See you next Wed at 7!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

These are absolutely incredible! Love 'em.

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

I'm a huge Charles Faudree fan myself and this project turned out great. I may have to "steal" it. Thanks for sharing.

The Style Sisters said...

These are so beautiful!! What an amazing job you did to create these little flower purses! I can't wait to see your entire Easter tablecape! Come link up to Centerpiece Wednesday and share these with everyone.

Karin

Cynthia said...

Hi Cindy, how cute and pretty are these? I love them. Very clever.

Cynthia

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Cindy, Your "purses" are so lovely!

Blessings, Tammy

Rooms by Ann said...

You did a really great job, they are all so lovely, Your table will be beautiful.

Dianne said...

This looks like a wonderful book and you translated it to your table in a beautiful way. Thanks for the step by step. I can see these would be prefect for a wedding party. Dianne

Debbie said...

These are adorable. I just love them and would love to do something like it.

I'm sure I won't...
But I'll WANT to.

Sue said...

Cindy, I am going to make these as gifts for the shower I'm hosting in June. They are just adorable!!! And my guests will love them. :-) Sue

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh Cindy, oh my gosh!

Better than the original!!!

Extremely well done, ma'am!

WOW!!!!

Mary said...

Oh I ADORE these floral handbags! How perfect for a shower or ladies lunch~ thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

How beautiful... I love the purses. I am so going to try to create your beautiful flower centerpieces.

Thank you again for visiting my little garden table.

Cynthia

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Too cute! A wonderful creative basket!

Breana said...

Found my way here from Between Naps' "Tablescape Thursday," and I just have to say that those are amazing!

Marlis said...

Cindy, those are going to be absolutely smashing. I cannot wait to see your table. Thanks so much for sharing. I think I'll be using this for my bible study group this spring! xo marlis

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

These purses are as beautiful as anything I've seen for a table, Cindy. You certainly did the originals justice, and kudos to you for figuring out how to do it! I can't wait to see your table!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

These purses are as beautiful as anything I've seen for a table, Cindy. You certainly did the originals justice, and kudos to you for figuring out how to do it! I can't wait to see your table!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Very pretty!

Delightfully Curious Designs said...

THOSE ARE QUITE WONDERFUL, THANK YOU FOR THE TUTORIAL!!

Michelle said...

Very beautiful! Thank you for the tutorial! Pinning this! :)

Anonymous said...

These are so pretty! A must try!
Thanks for sharing your great tutorial.
Visiting from Let's Dish.

a quiet life said...

my kind of purse!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Cindy, I would say your purses are a huge success. Everyone, including me loves them. They are just perfect for your table. Thanks for sharing the book and tutorial.

Special 'K' said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Debbie@Mountain Breaths said...

They are gorgeous~I can't wait to see your Easter table! Visiting from Let's Dish.

Marie Arden said...

I love him too. You did a great job recreating them and anyone would love to take one home as a party favor!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Hi! Very Unique! & Pretty too.
Pat

Ann said...

Oh my goodness I love the flower purses--will make a fantastic table.
Ann

Diane said...

This is fabulous. I love all of them. I have to share a Charles Faudree story. This is absolutely true. For one of my "big" birthdays, my husband took me to Memphis. I love the Blues and wanted to spend my birthday on Beale Street. The next day, we drove all the way to Tulsa, OK, so that I could see all of the homes that Charles Faudree and described in the magazine articles about his designs. My husband was a dear to grant that crazy wish, but I do love Charles!!

Leslie's Garden said...

These are really, really adorable! I find it hard to pick a favorite, they all have merits of their own! You did a fantastic job of recreating these treasures.

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

This post may possibly be the cause of a short on my laptop as I cannot stop slobbering on the keyboard. LOL
Since Charles is my all-time most adored designer and the King of "More is More" - anything that he inspires can't be bad. LOVE your "purses." Thanks for joining in my Wild About Mother Nature Party. Perfect, perfect post. Blessings, Barb

Sonia said...

Oh so beautiful..going to have to try these for my next party! Gorgeous and so sweet!
Miss Bloomers

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, I am totally amazed and in awe. These are all exquisite. Such beautiful purses and each one is so different. Stunning. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Beautiful, Cindy! I love them all! What an amazing selection of flowers from Costco. Who'd have thought?

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

So pretty and your instructions are great! :)

Janis@All Things Beautiful said...

These are so precious! And thank you for the great tutorial pictures. I think I might be able to make some...well, you have inspired me to try! So excited to be a follower!!

Mimi said...

Wonderful ideas. As a floral designer, I can't wait to see the book.

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

What an incredible "Inspiration You Are"! I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this idea!!! They are all SO GORGEOUS! This is also a great way to WOW with a few flowers. I am DEFINITELY going to arrange a tea with friends and let each lady have her own purse!!!
Thank you SO MUCH!!!
Have a wonderful Easter Week,
Hugs,
Donna

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Cindy! These are sooo beautiful and perfect for a Spring table! Faudree is also a favorite of mine and I love all his books.
Have a great week.
Hugs, Sherry

Hani said...

superb idea! Love the leaves wrapped around the basket.. Thanks for linking up at friday fun party..
Hani
craftionary.net

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".