Beaux R'eves

Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Touch of Green

With St. Patrick's day only a week away, I thought I would bring you a table with a wee Bit-O-Green.

OK, maybe a little more than a Wee bit.  It's a LOT of Green.
This Green on Green on Green table setting starts out on a Green and White Ralph Lauren tablecloth 
with bright green plates sitting atop Faux wood chargers.  The Bordallo Pinheiro Cabbage plates 
would welcome any
 hungry Leprechaun to join the dinner party. 
 Signs of Spring are showing not only in the weather but in more Bordallo Pinheiro plates with sweet butterflies dancing on top. 
 Looks like the Leprechaun has taken of his Bow Tie and used it as a napkin.  A lucky clover is attached to the light spring green napkin ring.  
 In keeping with the fun lightheartedness of this table I've got a few surprises for a Centerpiece and Candle holders.  
A BP salad bowl is filled with all kinds of "Greens".  Large kale, curly kale, asparagus, green beans, parsley, and an orange pepper for a POP of color.  
How precious are these tiny Boston Lettuce candle holders?  A votive cup was used and I wrapped a few lettuce leaves around, stuck the rest of the tiny lettuce inside after taking out the middle and placing a candle inside.  I've folded the leaves over to hide the wire.
Rocks are scattered on the table to give texture and give a more relaxed feeling in the Formal Dining Room.
I'm always on the hunt at Estate Sales for more BP.  It's so easy to mix and match.
Speaking of Estate Sales, I think my Silver has polished up quite nicely.  I think the monogram is a "W"  Click here to see what it looked like Before
This is probably not what I'll be toasting 'Ole St. Patty with but hey, it is Green!

I'm Linking this up with:
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
and
 Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

Until Next Time
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

16 click here to Comment:

dee dee said...

Cindy,
Love the tablescape! Perfect for St. Patty's day! Cute idea with the lettuce tea light holders... very creative!
dee dee

The Tablescaper said...

What a great table. Love the Boston lettuce candle holders!

- The Tablescaper

Intangible Hearts said...

Hi Cindy, I loved your table and I love green. The Perrier bottle's a nice touch but I prefer Pellegrino. :)

Blondie's Journal said...

This is so festive and pretty! Love the cabbage dishes and the candle holders! Cute! I also like how you did the napkins fold! Well done, Cindy! :)

XO,
Jane

Maureen Wyatt said...

I love the veggie's used as decorations! The silver cleaned up very nicely and that W would be perfect for me. Hint, hint. ~ Maureen

Cynthia said...

Very pretty table setting I love the dishes and centerpiece is very nice! Very creative.

Aledia said...

Beautiful Tablescape! I love the lettuce wrapped tea lights!

Have a wonderful day!
Aledia

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

What a wonderful, happy, whimsical-in-classy-way tablescape.

Your lettuce votive holders is GENIUS.

I just love your tablescape!

Slante!

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Very creative! Love the lettuce votive holders!

Entertaining Women said...

Darling! I love the lettuce leaf votive idea! Hey, I saw a newauction on eBay for a set of 8 of the BP 12" charger plates just yesterday. You might check it out. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Oh, you're going to see those lettuce "wraps" EVERYWHERE now!! Such a cute/clever/original idea!! Just love it! Love the tablecloth, love the dishes, love the centerpiece....you get the idea. I love this fun table! :) ~Zuni

Marigene said...

Cute table...great use of vegetables, very creative thinking!

Rooms by Ann said...

Beautiful table, very original. I love the lettuce candle holders.Thanks for sharing

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Ok, I award you the first prize for most inventive candle holders AND centerpiece!!! Beautiful table. LOOOOVE the BP plates, have always wanted some..... XO, Pinky

Alycia Nichols said...

Rock it like a hurricane, girl!!! The centerpiece and candle holders are really cool!!! What a great idea for both! I eat a lot of that tender Boston lettuce, but I never once stopped to consider that it could be used in this way. Bravo for you!!!!!! These ideas would be great for an Easter table, too!!!

Olga V. said...

Hi Cindy, Your table is overwhelmingly beautiful.

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".