Beaux R'eves

Monday, March 19, 2012

Details, Details, Details

I shared my new Guest Room with you last week before I took off for California and Florida.
I wasn't able to get into too much detail at the time so I thought we would revisit the Guest Room
 and I will just start at the beginning
 and see how far we get.  

Let me start off by saying a big THANK YOU for all of the lovely comments on the Before and After! 
 The majority of the comments centered
 around the Bedding 
so I guess we should start there.
But before we do let's take another look at the
 "Before" 
of this room.  
It was just "OK".  
It was full of leftover furniture and pictures 
that had made their way from other parts of the house... 
And now let's look at my "Inspiration" photos:
(all from Pinterest)
If you were to ask me what "look" I was trying to achieve, I guess I would have to sum it us as a Romantic, French Country, American Country, Shabby but not too Shabby, with a touch of Equestrian look.  Got all that? 

Back to the Bedding.
I found this bedspread at Steinmart. 
 I had been looking at it for quite some time and when it made it into the Clearance section I still debated whether or not
 to buy it. 
 Sometimes I can be so cheap!
  I ended up paying $49.00 for it after using a 30% off coupon.  The same bedding was in a Horchow catalog picture seen here.
Horchow
The Bedspread did not come with matching Shams so I was on the hunt for something to coordinate.
  I ordered these fantastic extra large Shams from Hautelook for $34.99 each.  They are 30X30.
 I also ordered a double ruffled matching bedskirt just in case I want to change up the look with a different comforter.
Hmmmmm, I have a ton of Euro Sham inserts 
but not 30X30.
  I wanted a sloppy lived in look to them, so I looked at feather inserts but they were too pricey. (again, I'm really cheap)
  I ended up ordering a set of "Down Alternative" inserts from Amazon that were more cost effective. 
 After all, it is a Guest Room! 
The Burlap and white cotton roll pillow was $12.99 at Homegoods.  
This sweet little pillow I made out of a pillowcase. 
 I stenciled it and washed it before I stuffed it. 
 Truth be told it is still waiting to get it's side stitched up!  
I wanted the same ripped edges ruffle effect on the pillow that I had used on my Antropologie "Wandering Pleats" drapes.  See tutorial HERE.
The pretty lace sheets were purchased at Tuesday Morning.  And that sums up the Bedding.
As you can see there were a million other things that changed in this bedroom.  Let's continue on with lighting.  
I didn't take a "Before" picture (sometimes I get too impatient and just start the project or I just forget) but it looked something like this:
Home Depot
Just a plain Oil Rubbed Bronze Chandelier that was hanging in our Powder Room.  We put it in there a few years ago but the ceilings are so high that I never liked it but didn't have the heart to tell Mr. Beaux that I wanted to replace it.  He worked hard one Saturday hanging it for me.  I painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White.  It came with like a measly 5 crystals but had holes already drilled for many more.  I bought extra crystals at Lowes and found crystal chain at Jo Ann's.  I looked online for the chain but I was too impatient to wait for it.  (Are you seeing a trend here?  I am cheap and impatient!)  So, basically, I just dolled up the old girl with a lot of jewelry and now she really shines!
Continuing on the subject of Lighting, I also redid this lamp.  Here is what it looked like Before:
More ASCP in Old White, and a new lampshade that I bought at Lowe's.
I stenciled onto the lampshade with a stencil that I had lying around.  I found all of this trim and material in a bag in my storage area.  It is from two houses ago...  Pillows I think for the Master Bedroom
Hello Hot Glue Gun!

I think I'll close for now and invite you back for Part Deux.
A Big thank you for all of your kind words about my MIL.  She is doing well at home now with lots of family around.

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy
Sharing with these lovely Blogs:
Newbie Party at Debbie Doo’s Blogging & Blabbing
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Linda at
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Kim at
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at
DIY by Design for the Winter Blues Party
The Brambleberry Cottage
Gina at
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
 Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at
The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at
Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

The Tablescaper: Seasonal Sunday


30 click here to Comment:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Absolutely Beautiful Cindy!! Making my reservations today:)

PS- LOVE that bedspread!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Visiting from Naps on The Porch...love your bedroom redo. That bedspread is fabulous!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Wow, what a price on that bedspread. I have looked at it on Horchow, but just can't pay their prices. You did good. Love all the details.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a beautiful bedroom. I love the bedding and the chandy, both are gorgeous. Great redo's. Thanks so much for linking to the party. Hugs, Marty

Deserae said...

Such a gorgeous guest bedroom!! The bedding is so beautiful and luxurious!!! What lucky guests you have :o)
~Des

Maureen Wyatt said...

You pulled that all together so beautifully! ~ Maureen

jmmonroe said...

The bedspread is lovely truly-I noticed in your inspiration pictures the bed is white/off white maybe if you paint it you will get a closer feel and in the one pic lots of interest on the walls-which looks like you have room to add too if you so choose you are making it very french "fabu"

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Good morning Cindy, you have done wonders in your guest room. It has evolved over a short time of hard work for you. Great bedspread and paint job on the desk.

At The Picket Fence said...

Hi Cindy! So glad to hear that your mother-in-law is resting comfortably and that you were able to enjoy your visit with her. :-) You truly did such an amazing job on this room for so little money and I loved seeing all of the details!
Vanessa

dee dee said...

Cindy,
I'm cheap too! But you made this room shine! Very beautiful as well as inspiring!
dee dee

Anonymous said...

What a deal on that bedspread. I heart it...it's fabulous. I am glad to see the ruffled spreads making a comeback. Months ago I found a vintage seersucker spread with violets on it and the ruffle started at the edge of the bed and went to the floor. It was the sweetest sweetest thing. I see I have to get in line to make a reservation to stay in your guest room. It's just lovely! I am your newest follower. xo

Cynthia said...

I love all the details and I love the bedspread. What a fantastic price.

Jacqueline said...

Cindy, I LOVE the bench, hinges and curtain too! Wow, can I come and be your guest? It is a fabulous room. Wish I had found that wonderful bedspread. It just makes the room!

Rooms by Ann said...

You did a beautiful job. Feels very warm and romantic. Thanks for sharing.

Princess Kate said...

I love your style. Thanks for sharing. It's so beautiful.

Marianne said...

This room came out beautiful. I just love the bedding, and the chandy is gorgeous! Such lucky guests you will have!
Marianne :)

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Awesome bedroom redo and I love your job!
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Angie said...

Hi! Visiting from Naps on the Porch. I love this room! I have been planning on sewing a bedspread like that. I can't believe you found one at that price! I love all of the details in the room. Everything is just beautiful!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Wow--beautiful things--just love that chandelier!

DIYbyDesign said...

That is one gorgeous room. Great deal of the bedspread. I love all of the details. Really makes the room so special.

Gayle said...

Lovely. You scored big on that bedspread, it is so elegant and just makes the look.

Stephanie said...

Lucky guests who get to stay in that beautiful room.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful redo...your guests will never want to leave! Thanks for sharing all the details. Warm Hugs, Esther

Phyllis @Around the House said...

the room is simply stunning...what a wonderful job...love the bedding and the darling lamp

Pamela said...

Love everything about your redo!! I am still working on the finishing touches of our guest room as well. Thanx for partying at my place!

Cottage and Broome said...

Beautiful bedroom! Laura

Brenda said...

Looks wonderful! Love how you pulled the bed together!

Joi said...

Hi Cindy,

I love how your room is elegant, but doesn't hint at any sign of your "thriftiness"! You did a great job - wish my Stein Mart had that particular spread. They must not send the same things to every store!

The Charm of Home said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

arrielle_p said...

A very comfortable beds to sleep with. Nothing more I can say about this photos but beautiful! :)

real estate in the philippines

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".