Beaux R'eves

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Greening of the Sideboard

As I am setting the table with my St. Patrick's Day theme 
I am dressing the Sideboard at the same time.  
Not much ever stays the same around here 
and Nothing is off limits for use in my decorating.  
I usually have a "Jumping Off" point or idea and an "Inspiration" piece. 
 This time it was Green, Spring, and this wooden bird tray from Nell Hill's. 
 My BFF Kristy bought it (after much urging) for her home last year before she placed it up for sale.  
I laughed when I opened my Christmas present that year and saw that she had given it to me.  
"You loved it much more than I did!" 
 I love the green on the black and it goes with so many things in my home.
 Thank You Kristy and I MISS you!
I gathered these green pottery pieces and the glass jar from the Hearth Room and Kitchen.  Rocks, moss and lichen add a natural element. 
 I subscribe to the "rule of three" in decorating a vignette.  Three items placed High, Medium and Low.  
If the High isn't tall enough then elevate it on a few books 
or a small box. 
 Also remember to add texture, shine and color. 
 The shiny item is a gold platter tucked behind the jars.
  If you are creating a vignette and it's just not coming out the way that you want refer back to these rules. 
 I bet you are missing one of them! 
More green tucked into my bird's nest basket.
And there you have "The Greening of the Sideboard".

Come back tomorrow to see the surprises in my St. Paddy's day table!

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

Sharing at:
 Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
 Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at
The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday

10 click here to Comment:

Rooms by Ann said...

I love the color green, Your sideboard look's wonderful. I would say spring time is here. Thanks for sharing.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Your sideboard vignette is gorgeous, Cindy. I love the colors and textures.Wonderful!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

GORGEOUS vignette Cindy!!

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Cindy, I love all the textures of your sideboard! Love how you combined the silver and ceramics with the natural elements.

Unknown said...

Your vignettes are always so beautiful. I love green!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Beautiful, Cindy! I love your tray and the green pottery is so pretty. Thanx for linking to the Open House party. Take care, Sherry

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

A masterpiece!

And I loooooove that bird platter.

Your BFF is just that for sure~!

Maureen Wyatt said...

I like that you use green instead of the more commercial images of St. Patrick's Day to convey the feeling. Very pretty! ~ Maureen

dee dee said...

Just beautiful1
dee dee

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Looks very pretty and festive!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".