Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Spring Cleaning Week

It's Spring Cleaning 
week here at our house!
I'm going through room by room and 
organizing and purging. 
I started on Saturday 
with the Pantry.
 I don't have  a before picture.
Trust me when I say it was a MESS!
Let's take a look inside...
 Much Better.
I bought baskets at World Market for little snack items and re-used the larger baskets that I already had for paper and plastic items.
I painted tags from Staples with Chalkboard Paint for labels.

The main problem in the pantry was that the spices were too high for me to reach. 
 I had to climb on the bottom shelves
 and straddle them as I looked for what I needed. 
 I can't tell you how many times one of the kids
 would walk by and say, 
"MOM, what are you doing?".  
Check out how these spice racks fold down so that I can actually SEE stuff!  
Thank you Mr. Beaux!
We had fun at Lowe's 
looking at all the products for kitchen organization.  
We bought this door shelf 
and it was easy for Mr. Beaux to install.
  It gives us so much more space! 
 I'm so proud of my Pantry that I show anyone that walks by!!!  All of Miss Beaux's girlfriends had to Oooohhhhh and Ahhhhhh when they were here for study group.  
They were more interested in the Chalkboard Door 
and the Chips and dip but that's OK.
  I pat myself on the back every time I open the door!
While I was at Target 
looking for Pantry Organization ideas,
 I saw this canvas mail sorter in the Office section.  
We hung it on cup hooks on the side of the Fridge. 
 I sure hope this keeps all the Junk Mail off of the counters!  It's one of my biggest Pet Peeves!

MY Closet is NEXT! (I'm gonna need a Vente Starbucks for this one...)
Have you done any Spring Cleaning yet?

Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy


Sharing at:
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Newbie Party at Debbie Doo’s Blogging & Blabbing
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Linda at
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Faded Charm for White Wednesday 
 Someday Crafts: Whatever Goes Wednesday
Kim at
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at
DIY by Design for the Winter Blues Party
Finding Fabulous
Gina at
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays

 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday



 Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at
The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at
Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

The Tablescaper: Seasonal Sunday

22 click here to Comment:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh Cindy! That is a fabulous kitchen pantry!!!!

You did such an amazing job- what a big big job it is, too!

You have me wanting to purge and spring clean too.........well, maybe not, but I am motivated, anyway!!! Hahah!!!!

Keep up the good work!

sweet violets said...

The pantry looks great!!! Yes, I have started also....just finished my bedroom, the closet is done and I freed up three, yes, that's 3 drawers in my dresser!!! Now to get it all to the donation center!!! hugs...cleo

Anonymous said...

Love all of the organization!

dee dee said...

Cindy,
Looks fantastic! I've never seen the fold down spice racks... how cool!
Please come do mine now!
dee dee

A Hint of Home said...

Yes, I have started some Spring cleaning. Just went through all my Tupperware and Rubbermaid bowls and threw some mismatched things away.
Re-organized and we stacked things. Always feels good!
Your pantry looks amazing!! Great job! Love those spice racks. The new storage on the doors is a smart way to go.

Maureen Wyatt said...

Today is the start of the spring cleaning here. Well, I'm sitting at a computer so I guess I can't say it has started. lol ~ Maureen

Rooms by Ann said...

Your Pantry has inspired me to want to clean my pantry (it's a BIG mess).You did an amazing job of organizing the spices (love it).

Unknown said...

Your pantry looks amazing! Love the chalkboard door!

Princess Kate said...

Love the pantry. I also have that same pantry door and not only do I love it but the kids love it too. Just went to Lowe's website to check on your expandable spice rack. Love that too!!!!

Blondie's Journal said...

What a fantastic job you did...it looks so organized! I love the spice rack and little baskets! I would just "accidentally" leave the door open for everyone to see! lol! I love it!

XO,
Jane

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

Awesome! It looks amazing. I love the labels. Love the mail organizer on the fridge too.
Sherry's Bees Nest

Cynthia said...

I love a neat pantry I am a freak about mine being neat all the time.

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

I so wish some pantry-organizing fairy would show up at my door. ~sigh~ I have one of those fold down spice racks and love it. I had the same problem with reaching my spices. Your pantry looks wonderful.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I've been doing some Spring Cleaning but so much more to go! Good job on your pantry!

DIYbyDesign said...

I actually love Spring cleaning. It's such a perfect time to get organized. Nice job all around. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Hi Cindy! So fun stopping by to visit with you and peruse your lovely blog here! So much to see and enjoy!

The pantry looks great!
Kindly, Lorraine

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

Great organization. I agree with you about pet peeves concerning mail on the counters. I guess I'm OCD about this! LOL

Laurie-Anne @ Come On Over said...

So glad that I found your blog! Your pantry (& the rest of your house) is beautiful! I think the mail sorter is a great idea and may just have to make a trip to Target now :-)

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Cindy, I cleaned out my clothes closet today but it sure isn't as neat as your pantry. Love the chalkboard doors and the cute jars.
Hugs, Sherry

Honey at 2805 said...

Fabulous pantry and so organized! The chalkboard doors are neat! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday at 2805!

County Line Road said...

PLEASE come do my pantry! Thanks for the ideas. I have a chalkboard pantry as well. Just not as organized! K

Anonymous said...

Did you alphabetize your spices? I did that when I had my condo. Loved it...

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".