Beaux R'eves

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Breakfast in the Garden


It was beautiful weather today!  
I so wanted to have breakfast in the garden. 
 Unfortunately, my brain told me that it was still February.  
Mother Nature is such a tease!
So, I brought the garden INSIDE!
Sweet little moss covered rocks remind me that Spring is not that far away.
White pitchers hold colorful flowers.
Even the bench behind the table is Spruced up awaiting the arrival of Spring.
Shhhhh, these glasses are plastic from Target on sale for $1.48.  Let's keep it our little secret.
Miss Beaux and I found this treasure on Monday at the Antique mall.  It's a McCoy Limited Advertising piece.  I looked it up and it runs anywhere from $50-$110 on ebay.  What a steal for $8.50!
Why can't an ironstone gravy boat hold flowers too?
I bought a bouquet of flowers at Costco and then separated them by color.  I love to do "Mass" flower arrangements like that.  It makes more of an impact I think.  Another pretty pitcher from HomeGoods.  I have a collection.  If it's a white pitcher, it goes in the basket.
I made this Burlap table runner for my Valentine Table (see here).  The Chargers are from JCP , the Plates and Bowls were another HomeGoods purchase.  I have a giveaway going on right now for HG.  See this Post and enter. 
  I carried the  chintz salad plates back home in my suitcase from England.  I fell in love and couldn't go home without them.  
Napkin rose with a Hydrangea leaf.  
I found the tutorial on Google. 
 So easy!
Tuesday Morning Napkins.
I'm so glad I decided to have Breakfast in the Garden.
I took Susan's advice from Between Naps on the Porch and I put my camera on the 
Manual mode to take all of these pictures. 
 It was scary!
  How did I do?
  (Thanks Susan for the encouragement)
Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

Sharing at:
Grits and Glamour
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Newbie Party at Debbie Doo’s Blogging & Blabbing
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at
A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Linda at
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Faded Charm for White Wednesday 
 Someday Crafts: Whatever Goes Wednesday
Kim at
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at
DIY by Design for the Winter Blues Party
Finding Fabulous
Gina at
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at
No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at
2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at
At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at
The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at
Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

The Tablescaper: Seasonal Sunday

47 click here to Comment:

Blondie's Journal said...

Cindy...this is so fresh and pretty! It's like being outside with all of the gorgeous flowers! Love your new dishes and the chintz plates are fabulous. I would have carried them across the pond, too! :)

You had me with the Target glasses, they are really cool and look so real. Great color combo on your table!

XO,
Jane

dee dee said...

Cindy,
What a beautiful tablescape! Each item adds to the overall garden look and the end result.... Wow.
Your flowers make me want to run down the street to the local florist. Very inspiring and just think before you know it you really will be having breakfast in the garden!
Dee Dee

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Your table setting is so pretty. I pick up white pitchers too or they hop in my cart. What a neat find with the Welch's pitcher.

Sue said...

Ya did great with manual mode, Cindy! I just experiment cuz I never can remember what I' m supposed to do in the settings. LOL The table looks so fresh and spring-like- I luv all the green. :-)

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Wow you di a great job in the manual setting...I am getting there...the pictures are beautiful...you are ready for spring...

Deserae said...

Your tablecape is so springy and pretty! Love that Welch's pitcher...very cute!
~Des

Tea in Texas said...

Love the Breakfast in the Garden tablescape! The flowers in the white pitchers are perfect for a garden theme. Your chintz plates are Minton's Haddon Hall pattern and I just love them, too. I have collected the pattern for many years and enjoy hunting for the different pieces they produced. Your use of the green china with the chintz is so beautiful. You have so many lovely details in your design. Happy Tea Party! Pam

Unknown said...

Your blog is a delight! I was hooked with your fresh flower bouquets from Costco. This has been an inspiration for me when I needed it most. Thanks!
bcp

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wonderful spring table! Love the photos, you did a great job! Beautiful flowers in all you white pitchers! hugs, Linda

Nancy @ The Headmistress said...

Got to find those Target goblets!!!

Lori said...

I'm super scared of the manuel mode, but you did great, I might have to practive this weekend! I have tons of white creamers, time to break them out for Easter and spring. Thanks for the inspiration.

eatlotsachocolate said...

Wow I love this tablescape...love the moss, lime green, the chargers everthing! Come link up to Centerpiece Wednesday on my blog!

Karin

Anonymous said...

Your table is a delight with all of its touches from nature. I love the moss covered stones.

Jacqueline said...

I post on getting dumped on with snow and everyone else is getting to post about Spring! Oh, well!!! Your table is just gorgeous and I love how you added the leaves to the roses. The dishes and glasses are wonderful and the little moss covered rocks are really fun. They add such color and texture! Your table gives me hope for gorgeous Spring!!!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Pretty and very much reminding me of SPRING... I love that color of green too. Pat

Alycia Nichols said...

The pictures look fabulous!!! You are doing REALLY GREAT with your photography!!! Everything is very crisp and clear! The table is beautifully set, and I love the clusters of flowers in various vessels! Great buy on the $8.50 vase. You really hit the jackpot there. Just gorgeous!!!!!!!

Aledia said...

Beautiful tablescape!!

I love the colors and your china is just gorgeous! What a fabulous buy on that McCoy vase. Your pictures look wonderful and I love the rose napkin!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Aledia

Unknown said...

Cindy your table is just beautiful! I just love it! Thanks for sharing Joann

chateau chic said...

Your pictures are beautiful, and it does look like you're having breakfast in the garden. Love it!!
Thanks for stopping by.
Mary Alice

Robin said...

Great pictures (you're so brave!) and such a "Springy" table! Those glasses don't look plastic at all and I love the flowers!

Robin
Robin Flies South

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

OK, is the manual setting where it just has an M on the dial? I HATE to sound so stupid but I really don't know. I so want to improve my pics too, yours are beautiful! So clear and sharp. Your table is gorgeous. I am dreaming of SPRING and being outside for breakfast too!!!! Thanks for sharing. XO, Pinky

Taunnie said...

Beautiful table! It makes me happy just looking at it.

Mary said...

Mother Nature is indeed a tease ~ we've had temps in the 60's then back in the 30's. This is a perfect table a feast for winter weary eyes! Love your little rosebud napkins and your Chintz plates are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You did wonderful... I don't think I will ever be that brave. Your garden table is gorgeous!

Kelly said...

Such beautiful pictures!! I love how you added real fresh flowers to your pitchers by color. So pretty. I also love those rose napkins you made. I've never seen those before. Your table is very Springy and would be perfect for an Easter breakfast or brunch. I like how you added the burlap and grapevine for texture too.

Cynthia said...

Beautiful tablescape. I love the flowers.

The Welch's pitcher is neat! I am your newest follower.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I love this beautiful garden breakfast table Cindy!

Elaine said...

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I am so tired of winter, your table is a welcome sight! Your first photo is just stunning! Love all the garden elements you used, and the dishes are so pretty!

Elaine
Creating Wonderful Spaces

Babs said...

Cindy, Your indoor garden table is perfect for Spring. I love all your dishes and the way you de-constructed the bouquets to make single color/type of flower arrangements. I do the same thing.:)
The plastic glasses are so pretty and I'll keep your "little secret". Thanks for so many great ideas for Spring.
Babs

The Tablescaper said...

You did an awesome job! Great touches of Spring. Love the napkin flowers. Thanks for being such a wonderful contributor to Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Marlis said...

Great job on the photos! I love your pretty table. the rose napkins are the crowning touch.. xo marlis

Sarah said...

Pretty spring table. Like the way you presented your napkins and all the textures in your layers.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Cindy, Everything is so pretty and I love your Spring table. The flowers and ironstone are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your garden tablescape at the Open House Party. Hugs, Sherry

Debbiedoos said...

How gorgeous Cindy! Love your photos too. I would have loved to come join you in person. I thank you for joining my newbie party though virtually:)

Michelle said...

What a beautiful and cheerful spring tablescape! Love the Welch's pitcher! :)

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

Pictures look great and now I'm wanting spring to hurry up and get here.

Maria Elena said...

So pretty! I love the colors and your china is gorgeous! Beautiful table! I am your new follower.

Moonbeam said...

I love all the shades of green - and your napkin flowers are beautiful!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love it Cindy, such a lovely breakfast table. I love your pretty salad plated, they would've come from England with me too. Gorgeous and fresh looking flowers. Cracks me up...plastic glasses, you had me pal! Have a lovely week. Just came from TTT at Marty's.
FABBY

Lucy May said...

Magazine Quality! Love your tablescape!

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

I am just drooling over all of these fresh flowers. Such a beautiful tablescape. I would have never know those glasses were plastic. LOL I want some too!! Thanks so much for joining in my Wild About Mother Nature #2 Party. I appreciate your support. Blessings, Barb

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Your table is beautiful..Love all the colors...I really like the way you made a rose out of the napkin...Will definitely have to try that one!

Linda said...

Everything looks so lovely.
Great idea with the napkins.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Lovely table, Cindy! If Spring doesn't come early after that tablescape, then all is not right with the world! : ) Your flowers are gorgeous and I love how you've put them in containers. I'm like you ~ if I spy a white pitcher, creamer or anything like that in white ~ I'm over there holding it, turning it around and trying to figure out where I could put it.

Leslie's Garden said...

Such a pretty, sunny table! It just seems to announce Spring! I love the way you used the napkins, very nifty!

Your Craft Book said...

Well the glasses had me completely fooled, I thought they were glass. I am Englisha dn used to have a number of pieces of Haddon Hall by Minton, enjoy for many years, Maureen

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Hi Cindy,
Just a lovely table setting. I love bold colors, so this is my kind of table! I hope you will come by to visit sometime!
p.s. I am your newest follower!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".