Beaux R'eves

Monday, February 6, 2012

Steamed Milk on the Walls: Guest Room Progress

So, A while back I mentioned the Redo of our Basement Guest Room.  Well, with my mom visiting, the progress has been slow, but here is what I've done thus far.

Remember the Inspiration Photo:
And the Before picture:
Here is how it looks today:

New Sheets for the bed.
Walls are Painted.
Steamed Milk SW 7554 
Doesn't that sound yummy?
The Bench has been recovered. 
(Here is what it looked like before)

Progress is being made!
I'm trying to decide whether to paint the bed-frame or leave it "as is".

Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy
 Sharing at:
Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday (first Monday of the month)
Mary at Boogieboard Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Roeshel at DIY Showoff
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Beth at The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Not Just a Housewife
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for the Winter Blues Party
Paula and Patti at Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday   

Faded Charm for White Wednesday  
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
From My Front Porch to Yours
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Honey at 2805 for Potpourri Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

23 click here to Comment:

Reba and Eldarose, sisters, friends and co-bloggers said...

I love your inspiration photo so much. I wish I could sew. I would love to make a bed cover like the one in the inspiration pic to see how it would look.

I like your bench remodel. I used the multi color check material it use to have in my old living room for awhile. I still own the table cover because I cannot bring myself to get rid of it even though it has been 15 yrs since I used it.

Cannot wait to see more of your progress. Very cool project.

Eldarose from http://RE-inventedstyle.blogspot.com

Maggie said...

Wow! Can't wait to see more. Also, seems that having a picture of an inspiration room really helps keep the focus. Great job!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a lovely room and you are starting to make progress. Love it. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Looking good! You've made a lot of progress!!! Can't wait to see the finished room. I'd have a hard time deciding on painting the bed fram too. I think it's nice to have a little black in the room though...

Have a great day!

dee dee said...

Your inspiration room is beautiful and I love the progress you have made thus far in your guest room! Can't wait to see more!!!!!!
As far as the bed, I'll be looking forward to seeing what you decide... to paint or not to paint!
Dee Dee

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Hi I can't wait to see the room after you have it the way you want it. I know it will look beautiful.
I like the paint color. Pat

Maria Elena said...

Love your progress! Looks beautiful!
I love the bench!!!!!!!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It's looking good, Cindy! I love the bench redo! I need to get some new bedding for my own bed. I'm hoping to make a TJ Maxx run this week!

chateau chic said...

Changes are looking good so far. Really like the wall color.
Mary Alice

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Love the inspiration photo! And love the bench! Things are lookin' good!!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

The room looks beautiful so far!
I say leave the bed as is...every room needs some black in it!

Anonymous said...

Steamed Milk! Love it! I have always thought that it would be a dream job to come up with names for paint colors!

The sheets are so pretty with the lace trim. I think sheets are the one thing one should splurge for in a guest room.

bee blessed
mary

Sherry Hicks said...

Steamed milk sounds so soothing, love your progress so far! Looks lovely
Sherry

Debbie said...

I absolutely love what you've done so far. I am trying to lighten up my house room by room. I love this look.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your room is gorgeous and your mom is going to love it. I wouldn't paint the bed, but that is just me. I heard once that every room should have a touch of black...and that is a beautiful headboard!

Charlotte Wilson said...

Looks gorgeous so far! Love the new bench cover!

♥charlotte

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Super lovely guest room! Love the colors. Very nice!

Unknown said...

Now that is a lovely colour and the bedding is so pretty. I recently painted my basement guest bedroom walls Cotton Balls but I still need more bedding.

Unknown said...

Oh, the bench is adorable too.

annies home said...

love the decorative beauty in the pictures my favorite the colorful bench come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2012/02/second-week-of-february-is-for-pizza.html

Honey at 2805 said...

Charming! Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Can't wait to see this room finished. I love the inspiration pictures and wish I could buy that bedding. Thanks for sharing at Wow.

Unknown said...

A high quality foam is not large-bubbled, and it also should not be dry like a meringue. The foam is not something that just floats atop your gourmet espresso drink, it contains fine qualities that enhance and blend with the espresso drink in a harmonious expression of the drink’s essence.

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".