Beaux R'eves

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Handmade Sugar Scrub

What a lovely Mother's Day gift this would make! 
 I featured it on my Mother's Day Table.  I found the recipe on Pinterest (of course) and whipped it up yesterday.
And don't worry it takes seconds to assemble and I bought all of the ingredients that I needed at Whole foods (the rest I had in the Pantry). 
Ingredients:
1 1/2cups Sugar
1 tablespoon ground Sea Salt
3 Tablespoons Refined Coconut oil  Melted (it has to be refined so it doesn't smell)
1/4 cup Refined Safflower Oil
25-30 drops of Essential Oil of your choice (I used Grapefruit)
1 drop of food coloring

Mix the ingredients together and place in a jar.
  I bought a couple at Tuesday morning for a few dollars.  Check the Dollar Store too.

OK, Miss Beaux and I tried it and she LOVED it!!!  Your skin feels SOOOOOOooooooo soft and silky after you use it. 
It smells Divine! 
 And, all of the ingredients are natural.

Who wouldn't love to have this next to the bath...
This would also make a great Teacher gift for the end of the year!

Happy Mother's Day
Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

Newbie Party at Debbie Doo’s Blogging & Blabbing
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design for the Winter Blues Party
The Brambleberry Cottage
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
 Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special


Five Days...5Ways

4 click here to Comment:

dee dee said...

Cindy,
What a great idea! This would also make such an easy Birthday gift too!
dee dee

Rooms by Ann said...

This looks like a lot of fun, I am going to try it. Great idea for mother's day. Thanks for sharing.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Have a wonderful Mothers Day Cindy!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Fabulous gifts. Thanks for the recipe. Thanks also for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".