Beaux R'eves

Monday, May 21, 2012

So Many Projects, So Little Time...


I have TOO many things going on at once!!! 
 I have to start finishing them
 before I start ANYTHING else!!! 
 At least that's what I keep telling myself...  
This weekend Mr. Beaux and I were outside doing yard work and I noticed that the plants I bought earlier in the spring were getting rootbound and needed to be repotted. 
 Well, that sounds like an easy enough project right?  
Not if you are me.
  I found a couple or pots that I wasn't using and didn't like the way that they looked.  
Too new and white. 
  I decided to paint them.  I rummaged around and found ASCP in Grey and some random black paint and got to work.  My friends daughter Missy C helped me dry brush and stipple the pot to make it look more like aged concrete. 
 Don't be afraid of the "During" pic!
Random Interruption:  
This little baby bird was hiding in the corner 
of the garage most of the day!
His parents kept coming in to check on him.  
Awwwwwww
He finally found his way out and back to the nest! 

 OK, back to our post: 
 I still wasn't happy so more rummaging occurred. 
 I found some stain and diluted it with Thompson's Water Seal and aged it some more. 

 Now we are talking!!!    
I dumpster dove into the recycling bin and found some plastic bottles to use for drainage in the bottom of the pot and threw them in before I put in the potting soil. 
My plants look happier already in their new home!!! 
 I placed them on the Screened In Porch 
where there is lots of shade.
  Glad I can check this off of my to do list! 
 On to the next unfinished project...

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,
XO Cindy

Sharing at:
Newbie Party at Debbie Doo’s Blogging & Blabbing
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
Kristin at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tuesday's Treasures
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Faded Charm for White Wednesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Judy at DIY by Design 
The Brambleberry Cottage
Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
Sherry at No Minimalist Here for the Open House Party on Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday
 Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

Five Days...5Ways

11 click here to Comment:

Kristine @ Lovely Again by Kris said...

What a great idea! They look so much better like that. Thanks for posting! :)

Princess Kate said...

Always love to see what you are up to. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Maureen Wyatt said...

I'm forever getting sidetracked and leaving unfinished projects everywhere. It was definitely a good thing that you sidetracked and made those pots look so great! ~ Maureen

Olive said...

If I checked off all the boxes in my head it would be scary good. The planters are pretty.

Susan Freeman said...

Your pots look lovely. That baby bird is darling and I hope all is well with him now.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Heaven's Walk said...

Beautifully done, Cindy! And I love the idea of the empty pop bottles in the bottom! Genius!

xoxo laurie

Babs said...

I know what you mean about getting side tracked...story of my life!
Love the way your pots turned out. I like using the lightweight plastic but love the look of concrete or stone, too. Thanks for sharing your paint tips and plastic bottles for "filler" in the bottom of the pots.

Alycia Nichols said...

I never heard of putting plastic bottles in the bottom for drainage! That is a great idea! I have always used broken pieces of pottery. Plastic bottles are abundant, so that is a MUCH better idea!!! Kudos to you for making the pots look super cool! That poor baby bird...I wonder why they do that kind of weird stuff? We had to wait it out for hours once while one hung out in our garage. We were afraid to touch it because the parents might then reject it. At first it was fun, but when it started getting late and we were wanting to go eat, we were over it! We ended up eating popcorn and PB&J sandwiches because that little sucker didn't leave the garage until almost 8:30!!!!!!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Thanks for this post. I have some big pots in the garage that I have been wanting to do something with. Great job Cindy.

very merry vintage style said...

They're gorgeous! Love the makeover and the plants are stunning. Stop by and link up if you have time
Mary

Unknown said...

I love the after! Makes me think that some of the pots just hanging out in my garage have hope. I would love it if you would share on my linky party Tout It Tuesday. http://www.claimingourspace.com/2012/05/tout-it-tuesday-7.html

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".