Beaux R'eves

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pampering Mom

Wow!  It's been a while since I've done a tablescape. 
 I miss playing with my dishes.  I certainly couldn't let the MOST important day go by without a table in her honor. 
 I don't know about you, but Mother's Day ranks pretty high up there as one of my favorite days.  I could take or leave my Birthday(these days mostly leave), I love Christmas of course, but Mother's Day holds a special day in my heart.  It's not about the gifts that are given, it's about the time and effort that is shown.  Last year for Mother's Day we cleaned the screen porch and spruced it up with flowers and a new rug.  My gift was watching everyone of my children working together, laughing and talking the whole time, music blaring in the background.  Those memories are irreplaceable.  
I didn't start this table with any preconceived ideas. 
 Which means I didn't really have a plan. 
 I knew that I wanted to use mostly white elements and  
I had a few items from Estate sales that I wanted to incorporate.  The rest of the table just flowed and I adjusted until I was satisfied.  
The Battenburg Lace tablecloth was my starting point. 
 I found it at this awesome Estate sale a few weeks back. 
 Isn't it just breathtaking.  It's a funny thing about Estate sales.  I like to picture the owners using the things that I buy.  I try to imagine their family dinners together and how the lady of the house would happily set the table
 and get out the "good" china. 
 Am I crazy?  
Please tell me that someone else does this! 
The title of my post is "Pampering Mom".
  So, of course I gave her the most comfortable seat in the house, and the most Elegant.  

 This Setee is from the Master Bedroom.  
Thank goodness the Master is on the first floor! 
 I had to drag this out on my own this morning as no one else was home. (look in the background on the hearth room sofa...no help there)  I tossed some white pillows from my bed and around the house to make it extra comfy. 
 Couldn't you just sink in there and have a few cups of coffee? 
I positioned the table parallel to the window up against the sideboard in order for the Setee to work.  I put three chairs on the opposite side to seat six at the table. 
 Let's look at the dishes.
I really layered up the dishes this time.  It's easy to mix and match when everything is in the same tones.  I folded the lace napkin so that it looks like a little tiara for Mom and set it in the bowl.
The bowl is a pale blue from One King's Lane. 
 Funny thing is- I only ordered four for some reason. 
 Maybe they only had four available?  I can't remember.  
Estate sale gold rimmed salad plates. 
 These will go with most anything.
Small blue plates from OKL.  (I have 8 of these which leads me to believe they only had four bowls available)
Lenox Opal Innocence china.  It's hard to see in this photo but it has all the pretty dots around the rim.
And, the OKL chargers.  The silver is a Rogers pattern from 1904 that I also found at an Estate sale.
Since I only had four bowls I had to come up with something for the two middle seats.  Well, this year two Moms will be at our table so a gift for each of them is waiting for them on their plate.
Handmade Sugar Scrub!  
Isn't this an amazing match to my china?  
I whipped this up in no time and I will get the recipe to you as soon as I finish this post.  
It is Grapefruit scented and smells so yummy.
Tea is served on an Estate sale silver platter elevated on a white Lenox Butler's pantry cake stand.
The tea set was given to me by a client.
A lovely Linen tea towel rests upon a white tray.  
Here is the beauty of choosing all white dishes... An Estate sale ironstone covered dish can sit comfortably next to a brand new OKL covered dish.  Isn't this a little cutie?  I bought it for a dollar in an old house in Blue Springs. 
 What do you think she was serving in this dish? 
 Veggies?  Mashed potatoes?
 The sideboard.
  More Estate sale finds.  
Frames waiting to be painted and candles on a silver tray. 
Most of the candles are battery and on a timer.  At night they look so pretty all softly glowing.
 I had placed this mirror here last week when I was reshuffling my accessories before our party.  
The butterfly vases are a HomeGoods purchase from way back.
As much as I'm liking this arrangement maybe I'm not painting the frames...
Another look at Mom's Pampered Table.  
I'm more than ready to put my feet up and take a seat here.  Want to join me?
Linking up to these wonderful blogs:
Newbie Party at Debbie Doo’s Blogging & Blabbing
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
 Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
  Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish 
  The Tablescaper: Seasonal Sunday 


 Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Diann at The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special

Five Days...5Ways

12 click here to Comment:

Entertaining Women said...

I think that I'll go sit on the couch next to your 'helper'. Beautiful Tablescaper...I love the soft touch of blue, and I'm so glad that you went to the effort to pull that spectacular love seat up to the table. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Tricia said...

Absolutely breath-taking! That tablecloth is exquisite, and I love the way you've combined different patterns and shades of dishes. What a cute napkin fold for the honoree! And the silver pattern is a really pretty one that I didn't recognize. You are GOOD at estate sale-ing!

Cynthia said...

I think this is a beautiful tablescape. I love how everything flows and is so soft. Beautiful job. Just lovely.

Cynthia

Cristina Garay said...

I admire the time and effort you put into all your tablescapes, Cindy! This one is Divine!! The tablecloth is beautiful as well as the china! I love it!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

OH, you have done a remarkable tablescape! It is stunning, truly.

Every detail is just perfect, wow, gorgeous!!!!

Wanda Lee said...

I am absolutely enraptured Cindy!..,

My oh my.., every exquisite detail is simply dreamy..,What a delightful and thoughtful gesture and tribute for your lovely mama.

..,From the three elegant mirrors on the mantlepiece, to the divine seating arrangements, on through to your exceptional taste overall. Wow! Your mothers day party favors for your tablescape, the dishware, stemware, flowers and silver are all breath taking..

It is all an artistically arranged masterpiece!.., Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring us.

Please do feel most warmly welcome to also pop by for 'a cyber cup of tea', at my blog if you wish, where you'll be served upon blue and white dishes and enjoy fragrant white cherry blossoms with your tea repast.

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee

P.S.~ I am also following you now as well.

Debbie said...

You definitely not alone about the estate sale finds. I went to one recently and told the man as I left to tell his mom (She's still alive) that I would cherish her linens.

I really love your table. I love the linens, in particular, and I think that pale hint of blue against the white is lovely.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

STUNNING!! I totally love your dishes, flatware and the tablecloth is gorgeous. The teacups are TDF! A lovely job. Wishing you a wonderful MOTHER'S DAY.
FABBY

Elaine said...

What an elegant table, and I am LOVING the luxurious seating! I really think the tablecloth sets the tone for the whole table, and the dishes are like jewels laid across it. Just beautiful!

Kathleen said...

Oh my! That tablecloth is fabulous! The table is lovely, perfect for Mother's Day! Love all the layers of dishes!
Happy Mother's Day and thanks for linking to Let's Dish!
And yes, I imagine the original owners too!

Victoria Mische @ Your Chair Covers said...

Your table is full of sweetness and sophistication. Love how you pull all things together to make this table possible. I am jealous with your tablecloth - love the pattern and its texture. You wowed me a lot by this tablescape. Awesome!

Marlis said...

I have been so far behind in my blogging.. so glad I came by to check this out. It's a fabulous setting. Moving the settee was absolutely a grand idea. I love your OKL finds.. Great great table.. hope the day was fabulous fo ryou.. xo marlis

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".