Beaux R'eves

Friday, May 11, 2012

Flowers for Mother's Day

What Mom doesn't love flowers on Mother's Day?  
I think every mother deserves flowers on her special day. 
 I also think that you shouldn't have to pay the Floral Shop prices when you can buy beautiful flowers at Costco. 
 I don't get paid to say this
 (wish I did, or at least got paid in flowers)
 but I just want to share some ideas that you
 might be able to use.  
It's not to late to whip these up...
How stunning would this be on a table or in the Entry Way? 
 I used a square vase and filled it with limes and used cut limes around the perimeter. 
 I bought one bunch of mixed flowers, one bunch of roses and one extra bunch of blue hydrangeas. 
 Total cost around $38.00.
 This is actually HUGE!  
The vase measures 12" tall and 6"X6" wide.  
It's jam packed full of flowers and the great thing is that they stay put with the limes inside.

If Mom is not that flashy,
 how about this simple arrangement?  
Two dozen roses for $16.99! 
 I cut them short and stick them in some wet floral foam.  
I placed some lemon leaves (they were left over from the big bunch of flowers) around and some Spanish Moss gets tucked into the edges to soften it up.  
Happy Mother's Day!
Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

11 click here to Comment:

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Hi Cindy, wonderful inspirations. Flowers are so beautiful and can make someone so happy. I do love adding fruit to flowers. I hope you have a fabulous Mother's day. Linda

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Gorgeous!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Rooms by Ann said...

What great ideas. They are beautiful. thanks for sharing.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Beautiful Cindy! Happy Mother's Day!

Kelly said...

Now that's being creative and thrifty at the same time! Love these ideas. You really know what you're doing with arranging flowers.

This N That said...

Beautiful arrangements..What a great idea ..adding the fruit..Have a great weekend

Debbie said...

You are an excellent arranger. I thought they were all just lovely.

And I totally agree about getting your own at Costco and arranging them yourself. My husband brings them to me all the time.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Those roses are gorgeous, Cindy! I love them in that planter, too.

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Your flowers are Gorgeous !!!I hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day with your family this pass Sunday. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my new Nautical Tablescape.
XXOO Diane

Eclectically Vintage said...

Fresh flowers (hydrangeas are my favorite), sugar scrub and ASCP - you're my kind of gal!
Kelly

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

Love the use of the limes, such bright color and texture it brings!

Thanks for linking up to the blog hop!!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".