Beaux R'eves

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Skinny Low Carb Blueberry Muffin


OK, I don't usually blog about food 
but I eat this Skinny Low Carb Blueberry muffin 
EVERY morning for breakfast 
so I wanted to share it with you.  
Over at our house we subscribe 
to a low carb lifestyle.  
Not in a Paleo way, 
but I will say that there is no bread, 
chips, crackers, 
or any snack type foods in our house.  
We don't eat white rice or pasta either.  
You might think this is hard 
but you get used to it.  
Personally I feel so much better!  
That is not to say we don't splurge 
every now and then.  
When I go out to dinner 
I just order what I want 
and never deny myself occasional treats.  
One of the recipes that Miss Beaux and I came across 
was the Jorge Cruise Skinny Muffin.  
You make it with Flax Seed in a coffee mug.  
I have been using this recipe for over a year 
and have tweaked it a bit.  
I hope you try it!  
It is really easy to make before work 
and I can only eat half a muffin at one time 
so the other half goes in the fridge 
for the next day.  
It really fills you up!  
And it's so good for you!  
Skinny Low Carb Blueberry Muffin

1/4 cup Ground Flax Seed
1 T of Chia seeds
1 tsp Baking Powder 
1-2 tsp Cinnamon 
2 packets of Truvia or Stevia
1 egg
1 tsp Coconut Oil
Blueberries  (I just throw in a handful)

I keep everything handy in a basket in the pantry.
In a coffee mug or ramekin 
mix all of the ingredients together. 
Gently fold in the blueberries.  
Cook in the microwave for 1 to 1-1/2  minutes 
depending on your microwave.  
 Just let it cool for a minute 
and pop it out of the mug or ramekin.  
And there is breakfast!  
This muffin is packed full of antioxidant blueberries, fiber 
rich flax seed, omega 3 and fiber rich Chia seeds, 
coconut oil which is a good fat, and egg protein!  
It packs well for a snack at work or school.  
Just be careful...
because the Chia seeds 
tend to stick in your teeth!  
Make sure you have your bestie 
check your smile after you share one...

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves



4 click here to Comment:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That really looks good except I would have to use an alternate sweetener. I don't eat bread, crackers or sweets anymore and also feel so much better. I have a smoothie in the morning and I juice at lunch and then have a light dinner. I don't really miss bread anymore and I loved it before.

Cynthia said...

Looks good. We are trying to lighten up on the gluten, & my daughter gave up flour for Lent (amount other things) as she's a dietitian major & really into fitness, so she wanted to see if it does make a difference in how she feels & looks. Thanks for this, going to print it up & try it. I too am trying to juice one meal & smoothly the other. Just started & find I'm more likely to eat healthier the rest of the day when I do.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

This recipe is perfect for our family...my hubby has been on Paleo for 2 years...I cheat!..I love the fact that you can make it in a ramekin....

Unknown said...

Gotta try this for Andy, he's been low/no carb forever and it's hard to find fun stuff for him to eat! Thanks for the post!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".