Beaux R'eves

Monday, March 17, 2014

Small Changes in our Colorado Mountain Home

Remember my little stool that I found at an Estate Sale 
and had stashed away 
until our next trip up here?  
Well, I am happy to report 
that it fits perfectly here 
next to Mr. Jackson's favorite chair.  
The colors go perfectly with the rug.  
I love the earthy print for the mountains.  
I wouldn't want too much of this look 
but a little bit here and there is nice.  
Of course it needs to be cleaned up a little.  
I have a small Bissell carpet cleaner 
that should do the trick.  
We really needed an ottoman here 
and this is the perfect size for this space.  
Another change that I made 
was to this wall in the entry way.  
This is the way it looked before.  
I had my vintage maple leaf frames 
arranged here above the chest.  
I had to laugh when the property management 
called me after I hung them up 
because the maids thought 
that the frames were empty 
because someone had stolen the pictures out of them.

On the media wall side of the Great Room 
I have this chair 
and picture hanging above it.  
I found the print at the Habitat Restore store.  
I love the arrangement 
but when you look at the big picture 
it doesn't really flow.  
See what I mean?  
The two prints are the same size 
and there is nothing on the other side 
of the media cabinet to balance it out.  
Besides, I am seriously contemplating, 
like really seriously, 
putting this chair in my car and driving it home!  
I love this chair and I miss it.  
I feel like since we rent out the house 
it might get ruined 
and then I would be super sad.  
So, down came the print 
and I switcherooed it over the entry chest.  
Much Better!  
I have been having a lot of fun working 
on the house while the girls are relaxing.  
We have been out and about shopping 
and we visited the Ice Castles in Breckenridge.
They were so "Cool"!  
I had fun taking pictures. 
Actual Sky Color ...
OK, enough boring vacation pics!
Come back this week for more 
 Colorado Mountain Home changes.  

OK, and maybe a few more vacation pics...

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves

Sharing at:

 Between Naps On The Porch 
  Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tuesdays at Our Home @ Our Home Away From Home
Be Inspired Party @ Elizabeth & Co.
Before & After Wednesday @ The Dedicated House
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 

 What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
 Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
What's It Wednesday @ Ivy and Elephants
Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters 

11 click here to Comment:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

The stool is perfect and the ice pictures are cool.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love the changes and the ice castles look amazing...need to check those out next time we are there in CO....Have fun!...and funny story about the maids!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Love the changes Cindy and LOVE those shots of the ice castles...so cool!!

Cynthia said...

Love the Breckenridge area. Really like those bird prints, & the stool fits in perfect. Can't wait to see more pics of your mountain retreat.

Gwen said...

Vacation pics so NOT boring! Love Colorado every and any time I've been there. Beautiful!

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Love the stool. The ice castles look amazing. I have never been to Co. On my bucket list:)

This N That said...

I had forgotten how blue the Colorado sky is...The Ottoman is perfect there..Love the changes you've made..

Donna Wilkes said...

That sky is unreal - so deep blue. I like the way you rehung the print over the small table. I would definitely take the chair home with me. so funny about the cleaning crew thinking someone had stolen the prints from the frames!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

That is a neat stool- fits right into a mountain themed setting. The ice caves look really interesting! Looks like a wonderful place to get away!

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Nice little changes...love that picture especially! You have a lovely mountain home. It looks like a fun place to visit. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely week! ~Deborah

Unknown said...

Very nice!

Nicole

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".