Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Easy Spring Wreath

No Really, this is easy!  
It took me more time to take photos 
and make this banner on Pic Monkey 
than it did to make the wreath.  
I like to have a wreath on the front door 
(two actually, I have double doors).  
I don't like the ones that I see in the craft stores 
and I don't like the prices of the ones 
that I see in the higher end home stores 
or online, especially when I have to buy two.  
I wanted something simple 
so I bought flowers all in shades 
of lavender and white.  
I usually have a few grapevine wreaths 
lying around that I have purchased 
when they are discounted 
but I really wanted a messy willow wreath 
so I had to pay for it.  
OK, I had one 40% off coupon 
and the flowers were all 50% off 
so it wasn't THAT bad.  
 I took apart the bunches of flowers 
so that I had individual stems.  
I just poked them in the willow 
to see where I wanted them 
and then wired them in really well.  
You could hot glue them if you like.  
I always burn my fingers 
and then it makes it hard to type. 
I layered the lavender and the 
lighter shade with the white 
and while I was looking for ribbon 
I came across this initial 
that I had in my craft stash.  
I think I had it to make something for my mother 
but I swear I can't remember what it was!  
Sorry Mom!  
Now it stands for 
SPRING!
But you could just use any initial you like... 
I wired the letter in 
and then I will cover it with the flowers.  
It's hard to tell how the finished product will look  
so I like to hang it up inside 
and fuss with it.  
I added a few more flowers 
and I was finished!  

Now I have to make another one...

Hope you are all having a great week!  
Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves

Sharing at:


8 click here to Comment:

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Very pretty, Spring really IS coming!!!

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

Cute!! Way to welcome your guests!! Love the polka dots!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Very beautiful...I love the wispiness of the wreath and the wonderful lavender and polka dots!....

This N That said...

Very pretty Cindy..I've made a few wreaths..They just kinda happen..

Cynthia said...

What a great idea, love it too. Especially since our last name begins with S, & I'm crazy over monograms. Thinking I might be making this too.

Alycia Nichols said...

RIGHT ON, girl!!! This is great!!! I already have a huge grapevine wreath on the front door with our monogram wired in. Maybe I can just add flowers to it for Spring. I love the wreath "as is" for everyday, but to make it more special I think I'll play with adding some Spring florals. GREAT tutorial with FABULOUS results!!!

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

Your wreath turned out so pretty! I love the colors and the polka dot ribbon. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely week! ~Deborah

Heather said...

Wow! What a gorgeous monogram wreath! Thanks for linking up to Its a Spring Thing linky party!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".