Beaux R'eves

Monday, March 31, 2014

Saturday at Nell Hill's

On Saturday morning my BFF texted me 
early in the morning and asked 
if I could come out and play in 15 minutes... 
See, we have a standing Saturday date 
for Starbucks and estate sales 
starting at 9:00AM.  
Sadly, I texted her back 
that I had too much work to do...
BUT, I could be ready by 10:00AM!!!  
Man, I raced around that house 
getting everything straightened up 
and laundry done 
so that we could go out.  
I wanted to take her over 
to the sale that I hit on Friday 
and a few more had opened up on Saturday.  
But what I was really itching 
to do was to go over to Nell Hill's 
and check out her Spring Decor.  
I think the last time we were there 
was in December.  
Boy, it can sure be overwhelming 
when you visit her store!  
So much to see!  
Here is a furniture vignette 
that I snapped because 
I liked the picture arrangement 
above the sofa.  
I just helped my BFF hang a picture gallery 
in her basement bath. 
Stay tuned for that post! 

I'm really in love with those 
hanging light fixtures too!

Mary Carol always has a way 
of mixing the old and the new 
that I so admire.  
Look at this midcentury modern 
coffee table mixed with fresh 
geometric patterns.  
I think that rug would look great in my bedroom.  
Here is another example 
of a traditional toile pillow 
mixed with a blue and white geometric.  
I have talked my BFF 
into going this route 
in her living room this spring.  
She does the same with her table settings.  
Love the turquoise plates!  
See how she used two 
napkins and folded them.  
I must copy Immediately!!!
 Another beautiful table loaded with goodies.  
I like the green and white centerpiece.  
She used a simple color scheme 
but added lots of variety 
in the greenery for interest.  
I can't wait until we can actually eat outside again!
I love going upstairs 
to see all of the lovely bedding vignettes 
she has arranged.  
So many great color combinations.
It would be really hard to choose!
Hey, I have those lanterns!  
Whenever I visit Nell Hill's 
I always see Mary Carol hard at work 
and the sales people are so friendly!  
Sadly, we had to say 
goodbye and head home.  
It was a great day!  
I will have to show you in another post 
what I brought home...

A thank you to all of my loyal followers, 
you make blogging such a JOY!!!
Don't forget to follow by email, bloglovin, 
Google+, or GFC  
on the sidebar so you don't miss a post!  

Until Next Time,

13 click here to Comment:

Jen said...

Wow! That is the most beautiful shop EVER. I would have to go there every weekend if that was in my neck of the woods.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I wish Nell Hill's was near me. My, oh, my.

Salmagundi said...

One of my favorite places to visit; but since I live in Colorado, I only get there every couple of years. Thanks for taking me on your trip. Always fun to see what is new at Nell Hill's. Sally

Ron said...

This is the second time in a week that a friend has mentioned Nell Hill's. I even started following the blog. OMG! I wish I were closer to one. I love the vignettes, Cindy! Oh what fun:)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I wish I was near Nell Hill's...I was so disappointed when they stopped selling online!

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I love the visit there! What a wonderful place and so very much to see. Love the double napkins...what a sweet idea. There are so many treasures there- xo Diana

This N That said...

I just love that green and white bed ensemble..Not sure I could have come up with that..It looks great..Glad you could get stuff done so you could go..

Jeanette said...

Oh my god.. that's store would be like a candy store for me and oh so deadly for my wallet! absolutely GORGEOUS!! wish I had a store like that in my neighborhood however I know my hubby wouldn't be happy!

Mrs.H said...

Thanks for the Nell Hill's tour. I am from KS and used to live in KC. Currently I live in MI but whenever I visit home, Nell Hill's (& Urban Arts and Crafts, in that same shopping center) is often on my list of shops to visit.

Julie said...

Thank you for sharing those pictures. I'm inspired by the mixing of traditional and geometric prints.

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Thanks for sharing!! I would love to spend a day shopping at Nell Hill. Wonderful Photos!!
Hugs,Jody

Alycia Nichols said...

I now that stretch of road! That's I-35 South, isn't it? Lucky you that you got to get out and play! I would love to get to Nell Hills sometime soon. I just can't seem to get my act together. You're so right...she has some of the coolest stuff, and it is always displayed in a way that you simply cannot resist! You just KNOW to rent a U-Haul before you head up there! :-)

S H Elliott said...

Every pic has georgeous items. I saw a blue lamp that I like! Sheila

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".