Beaux R'eves

Friday, March 21, 2014

Bunnies, Burlap and Boxwood; Spring in the Kitchen

Are you getting ready for a fun weekend?  
Is the weather going to be nice where you are 
or are you bracing for the next storm?  
We have had a few nice days 
but I hear rumors of colder weather coming.  
Oh well, more time for me 
to get some work done 
inside!  
I have been working on Springing 
up the house 
and wanted to share my 
Dish Cupboard with you all.  
I like to change the display of dishes 
and accessories according to the seasons.  
I rarely buy anything new,
preferring to rely on creativity 
and shopping the house.  
This year my Spring theme 
includes my favorites, 
Burlap, Bunnies and Boxwood.  
I found these black and white prints 
framed on burlap for a client last year at 
Nell Hills but they didn't work out.  
I kept them around because 
I liked them so much.  
I hung them on either side of the French Doors 
of the kitchen out to the deck.  
Then I started thinking...
Black hutch, white dishes, burlap ....  
So I hung up some burlap 
pieces in the back of the black dish cupboard.  
I displayed my ironstone collection 
along with my white dishes 
from One King's Lane.  
My vintage covered dishes are my favorites.  
I love the delicate lines 
of the handles and the curves of the lid.  
 So Pretty!
Of course it wouldn't be Spring 
without some cute bunnies 
and eggs hanging around.  
Did anyone order the cute dessert tray from Decor Steals?  It is the perfect display for my eggs and moss.  
Oops, you can see the seam on one of the eggs.  

My natural looking bunnies 
have found a home in the boxwood wreaths.  
Nesting among my plates...
A vintage Limoge platter 
that I found at an Estate Sale.  
I went out Estate Sale-ing with Miss Beaux 
yesterday but came up short for the most part.  
We had fun regardless 
looking at all of the interesting homes 
and things for sale.  
My time with her is precious now 
that she will be going to college in the fall.  
She wants to start gathering things for her dorm...  
See, I raised a nester!  
  Not everything I have is vintage.  
You might see a Home Goods 
tag on the bottom of some 
equally beautiful white pitchers.  
I am liking my Bunnies, Burlap and Boxwood 
dish cupboard. 
Fresh and bright and simple.

Mr. Beaux has been out of town.  
Do you think he will notice the changes?  
He does read the blog you know... 
So maybe he will figure it out then... 
But then again... 
It is March Madness 
so he is pretty preoccupied!  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves

Sharing at:

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Be Inspired Party @ Elizabeth & Co.
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home

23 click here to Comment:

NanaDiana said...

Cindy- Wow! I LOVE all your white ironstone collection-and that burlap backing is really a great idea-it adds just a touch of rustic beauty to your hutch....great backdrop. You have some really neat bunnies but my favorite is the 2nd one down the cream colored one that is standing up. Amazing what we get done when the "boys" are gone, isn't it? xo Diana

Intangible Hearts said...

Love the white with the classic touches of warm beige and the obligatory March green!

Ron said...

I love your hutch design. The burlap backing is genius. White is oh so classic. Happy Saturday, Cindy! Come on over and check out the new look of Uptown Acorn. xo

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I so love how you incorporated the pretty bunnies in with your gorgeous ironstone and white dinnerware...

This N That said...

My husband rarely noticed changes unless he tripped over something that didn't used to be there..Love the Burlap with the Black..Great look..

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Loving your spring displays. You have some really cute bunnies.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Cindy, your hutch looks so pretty! Love the burlap and all of the white, with touches of green. Happy Spring to you!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

So pretty Cindy...love how you added burlap to the back!

Jeanette said...

I love it Cindy..I love all white china, always goes well with whatever you are serving. The bunnies and the eggs look great. It is still so cold her in NJ I really haven't felt very inspired to change up my decor to spring!

Alycia Nichols said...

You are a smart gal to rely on what you have and shopping the house. Of course, that all is dependent upon having a great stash to begin with! :-) :-) :-) Sometimes, though, if we have too much stuff (I can't believe I'm actually saying this!), it can be more of a burden than a help when it comes to deciding what to use. So shopping the house is a great thing!!!

Your dish cupboard looks fabulously Spring-y!!!

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Gorgeous Easter displays and very well put together. So glad I found you over at the Metamorphosis Monday Party!
Marie@The Interior Frugalista

Cynthia said...

So BEAUTIFUL, love the bunnies and burlap mixture on the back of the cabinet. I am a boxwood lover and they are so charming with your bunnies. I had to pass on t hat dish from Décor Steals. Maybe they will bring it back and I can purchase it for the ho use. Love the dishes from One Kings Lane.

Cynthia

thepaintedapron.com said...

Looks so pretty, I love how your bunnies appear to be frolicking around all your pretty white pieces~
Jenna

Pat said...

Cindy,
Your bunnies, burlap and boxwood cabinet is stunning!
Love your collection of white throughout!
When first I saw your burlap bunnies,
I thought the bunnies had been decopauged with vintage sewing patterns.
Thebalance of your black cabinet is stunning.
Love the natural bunnies at the bottom as they draw the eye downward!!!
EnJOY your beautiful display!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Gail said...

I love how you have displayed your cabinet and I absolutely love your collection of whites!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

The burlap adds so much to your décor....I love all your bunnies too! Very pretty!

Candy S said...

Bunnies, burlap and white dishes - Oh My! Beautiful! The touches of green pop against the simplicity of the white and burlap. Just lovely.

Katherines Corner said...

Oh my goodness I love it all soooo much. I am a huge fan or ironstone and white dishware. Hugs!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

I think your cabinet looks so pretty with the bunnies, burlap and boxwood -- nothing like gathering the "3B's" together for a perfect combo with all your pretty white dishes!

The Tablescaper said...

Everything looks so beautiful. I'm way behind! I've got to get my bunnies out!
I host a weekly link party called, Seasonal Sundays, and would love to have you link this weekend.

- Alma, The Tablescaper

Artsy VaVa said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love, love the burlap bunnies, just my style indeed!
The whole cupboard came together beautifully. I love shopping my house, too. Tis half the fun, right?
Visiting from Common Ground today.
Michele

Patty @ That's So Pretty said...

All of it is beautiful!!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".