Beaux R'eves

Monday, June 2, 2014

Hosting Summer Guests? Tips for a Well Appointed Guest Room

Are you hosting guests in your home this Summer 
like I did for Miss Beaux's Graduation?  
We had quite a crowd here for the weekend.   
I have some tips for you 
to make life a little easier 
during their visit so you can enjoy your company 
and not end up crazy at the end of their stay.  
I am also showing you my updated guest room...  
Because what is a post 
if you don't have pretty pictures?
First things first, 
prepare where your guests will sleep.  
We have a designated guest room,
but I know a lot of you 
have all of your children still at home 
and Grandpa and Grandma may be using 
one of the kids rooms.  
Make sure the bedding is clean 
and the pillows are fluffed.  
I like to have one fluffy pillow 
and one flatter pillow 
for the stomach sleepers like me.  
Have an extra blanket 
at the end of the bed in case it gets chilly at night.  
I shared this tip with you over the weekend.  
Providing the password 
for your Internet Access 
for your guests. 
You can read the post HERE.  
I also like to have a reading lamp 
and a clock on the bedside table. 
Provide a place for your guests 
to hang their clothes 
and a place for their suitcase.  
I know this seems natural, 
but it's a good idea to check 
and make sure you have enough hangars 
in the closet and that you have cleared 
a space for your company.  
If your guests are going 
to be out and about on their own, 
leave them your garage code 
or make a new temporary code for them.  
Maybe leave a list of fun local things to do in the area.  

If  you are in charge of providing the entertainment 
or if they are visiting to attend a wedding, 
milestone birthday party or graduation 
that you are hosting, 
type up an Itinerary for them 
and place it in their room.  
This not only keeps YOU organized 
but it lets everyone know what is happening 
and when to be ready.  
I posted the daily events 
on my Kitchen Chalkboard 
for my extended family. 
Leave some reading material 
in their room for downtime.  
Magazines, books, newspapers 
in the room will allow your guests 
to have some alone time and relax. 
Place some goodies 
in their room that they can enjoy.  
A basket with water, fruit, granola bars, 
a few chocolates will make your guests feel at home.  
Don't forget fresh towels for your guests.  
I also like to put small samples 
of the necessities in a basket or dish in the bath.  

They say to sleep in your guest room 
at least once a year to insure 
that it is adequate for your company.  
I say bring it on!  
I wouldn't mind spending a night or two 
here if I do say so myself!
Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,



Sharing at:
Savvy Southern Style
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ 
The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours   


21 click here to Comment:

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

These are great tips, Cindy! Your guest room looks lovely...a beautiful room for guests. We don't have out of town guests too frequently; so our oldest daughter takes it upon herself to be our "guest", when she comes home from college. Apparently, she finds the room quite cozy...lol!

Susan said...

What a welcoming room! It wouldn't be hard to relax and get a good night's sleep there~

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great tips and the room is beautiful. I know your guests feel spoiled.

Heather@http://southernabbey.com said...

You have thought of everything that a guest would need. I look forward to creating a guest room as comfortable as this. Beautiful.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

So beautiful! LOVE this room and all of the nice ways you have thought of to make your guests stay extra special. Featuring you on fb and pinning! Thanks for joining THE SCOOP!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful room. :) Lucky guests!
Congratulations to your daughter. A milestone day !!
Hugs, Gee

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Great tips Cindy...that's one BEAUTIFUL guest room!!

NanaDiana said...

Great ideas, Cindy- every one of them. I love having guests that spend the night (or a few nights). I also set up a little coffee bar upstairs for them early in the morning so they can sit and sip in peace with their jammies on if they want to do so- xo Diana

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It's so gorgeous!

Maureen said...

This is beautiful. When is check in?

Eilis said...

Wow- I am working on our guest room right now and I am SO inspired by this post. Thanks for sharing.

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Gorgeous and most inviting guest room...you thought of everything!!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

What a gorgeous room! I would love to be a guest in your home. :)

RPK Interiors said...

So pretty!

fixitfaerie said...

What a beautiful and welcoming room. I love the white ruffled bedding and drapes. Thanks for sharing.

Custom Comforts said...

Lovely guest room. Looks like a wonderful place to spend a few nights. Thanks for the tips.
Cindy

Art and Sand said...

Your guest room is so welcoming - anyone would want to visit you.

I live in a little beach cottage with no guest room so my secret is finding the perfect little spot for a getaway. I just made reservations for friends at a darling little inn and everyone was thrilled with my choice. I find places we would like to stay.

Suz said...

What a beautiful bed! Would love to be a guest here.

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful guest room and great tips as well :)

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful and inviting guest room, and there are some great tips here. Thanks for sharing. If you're ever looking for an additional link party to join, I host one each Tuesday - Friday, you would be most welcome :)
Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

These are some great tips Cindy! I'm pinning for future reference. Thank you for sharing it and your pretty new silver tea set at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great weekend!
Blessings, Deborah

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".