Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Front Door Decor~Do Over

Have you ever finished a project 
and then stumbled across something better!  
I made my Spring wreaths 
and shared them with you a few weeks ago.  
Then, I spied these baskets at Nell Hill's 
the weekend that we were there 
and was dying to use them on my front door!  
Can you believe that they were only $10.75 apiece?  
They are a little over 17 inches tall 
and about 11 inches wide.  
I had some Forsythia (faux) 
and I wedged some floral foam 
in the basket to poke the branches into. 
I just layered all of my flowers 
from the wreath into the basket.  
I arranged some of them 
so that they were spilling over the edge.  
When I finished I thought it needed something 
so I made a little Welcome sign for it.  
These wooden discs are really thin 
so you can punch a hole with a hole puncher.  
I painted them black 
and wrote on them with a liquid chalk marker.  
I just tied them on with some string.  
It was cloudy all weekend 
so I thought that the pictures wouldn't turn out 
but they are OK.  
They are so Springy!  
You can tell that Spring is here because 
my allergies are acting up!  
But I love being outside!  
We cleaned out the WHOLE garage 
this weekend and I sold a lot of stuff on Craigslist!  
I had a lot of furniture 
that I needed to get rid of.  
It feels so good to purge 
and make money at the same time!
I can't quite start planting yet.  
But at least there is some Spring color 
on the front door!

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves



Savvy Southern Style
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
French Country Cottage
Be Inspired Party @ Elizabeth & Co.
Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home

 



18 click here to Comment:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love your baskets and I have an old one kind of like yours. I need to get it out and fill it. I need to purge so badly. I would do Craig's List, but we can't have anyone come to our house and some things are just too big to meet someone in another location with. May have to just take stuff to a consignment shop.

Suzanne said...

I love it, and I think I just might copy you. I'm bored with plain old wreaths. It looks beautiful!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I LOVE those flat baskets! Your arrangements look so pretty Cindy!

NanaDiana said...

Cindy- That looks wonderful! I always thought it was beautiful but this is just gorgeous. xo Diana

Home Chic Club said...

Love your idea Cindy! Looks great and so inviting!
Hugs,
Vesna

theresa2012ball@gmail.com said...

Your baskets are definitely worth a "do-over." They are lovely. Theresa

Jeanette said...

I love your baskets. It's nice to just do something different and break out of the routine. Not to mention that you got a great deal on them and who doesn't love a bargain!

Anonymous said...

The baskets are lovely. I might just have to make a run to Nell Hill's myself!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

The baskets are gorgeous on those magnificent doors!

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Looks absolutely gorgeous!

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

These are fantastic! I love wreath alternatives, and these are so beautiful! Visiting you from Between Naps on the Porch. ❤

Lori Lehman said...

What a gorgeous entryway!! The baskets look beautiful! Have a wonderful day!

Cynthia said...

Cindy these are gorgeous and your front door is beautiful!!! I really love the baskets and the color combination of flowers.

Cynthia

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Gorgeous doors, photos, and baskets. Your addition of the "welcome" plaque was a stroke of genius. Have a wonderful weekend.

Melanie, LostandFoundDecor.com said...

Beautiful! I wish I had those pretty front doors too :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love the baskets, they look so pretty. Perfect welcome for your guests. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Love love your beautiful baskets - so perfect for a welcoming Spring door décor!
Marie @ The Interior Frugalista

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Those are so beautiful! The combo of colors is perfect and offers a lovely "Spring" welcome!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".