Beaux R'eves

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Flower Purses~A Reprise

I usually don't recycle posts 
but we are crazy busy over here 
getting ready for Prom and Graduation.
Miss Beaux's Prom 
is this Saturday 
and pictures are at our house.  
That means lots of kids and their parents
will be at the house.
I can't wait to see all of the girls in their 
dresses and all of the boys dressed up!
I want to take some special
photos so I have been Pinning
some ideas for poses 
on Pinterest.  
I'll show you pictures next week when I recover.
In the meantime, 
I thought you might like to revisit
one of my favorite posts.  
I made these Flower Purses for
Easter but they would be 
fun for Mother's Day(which is in a few weeks)
or for a Bridal Shower.

 FLOWER PURSES
One of my favorite designers of all time is Charles Faudree.
  I just love everything he does and have almost all
 of his beautiful books.  
One book that I adore is called
 Country French Florals & Interiors.
You know how much I love Flowers!  
This book is just so full of great ideas and beautiful pictures.  
This fantastic tablescape is on the cover of the book
 and has always captivated me.  
Each place setting has a sweet purse made 
totally out of flowers.
So, here is my attempt to recreate
 this idea for my upcoming Easter Table. 
 Follow along with me as I show you the steps to make these little beauties!
All of the flowers are from Costco. 
 I just LOVE Costco flowers!  
Two dozen roses for $16.00!  
A garden bunch of flowers for $8.99
 and a mixed bouquet for $14.99.  
Items I had on hand. 
 Floral Pins, Twine, Wire, Floral Foam (has to be the wet kind),tape, shears, bread knife to cut the foam and some fake Hydrangea leaves.
 Cut the Floral Foam into small rectangles
 about 4" X 3" and soak in water.
  I attached the leaves with the floral pins and tied twine around to hold it tight.  
Cut the roses on an angle and place into the wet foam. 
 Pull leaves off if they look brown or bruised.
After filling it with roses set it aside, 
we will finish it off with a handle and ribbon. 
I used a large leaf from a Peace Lily 
to wrap around the foam. 
 I placed small flowers in the sides 
and finished it up with a button flower for what else, but a button closure on the purse.
The handle is a branch from the mixed flower bouquet. 
How sweet are button flowers in the top of this fluffy purse! 

 The handle is grasses braided together.
Bright green ribbon contrasts with the lovely peach roses.
 This was Miss Beaux's Fav. 


How great are these going to look on my table?
  I had so much fun making these 
and it turned out to be pretty simple.


Until Next Time
Beaux R'eves


Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 


11 click here to Comment:

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Cindy,
I remember this post because I thought they were just the cutest and prettiest florals I had seen in a long while.
You did such a great job on them. Hope your prom pics and all go well. I Remember those days, they are long
behind me now, but they were fun times......................so enjoy every minute they go by way too fast.

Blessing's, Nellie

Jeanette said...

They are lovely!! You did a fantastic job. Enjoy all the upcoming celebrations they go by in the blink of an eye!

Julie said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! So glad you re-posted them for us "newbies". I echo what Jeanette said about the special occasions going by way too quickly. Enjoy!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

OMG Cindy I can't wait to try this...they look beautiful!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, the flowers are totally amazing. I love them all.

Anonymous said...

The flower purses are so creative and clever...look great!

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love the adorable floral arrangements...I used to do so many of them, but got away from it...need to return to what I love to do ... the flower purse is so great for a luncheon!....Happy Spring!!

Unknown said...

Ooh Cindy these are gorgeous you did a spectacular job creating these. I don't think I could ever create these to look as pretty as yours.Susie

Diane said...

Oh, these are just fabulous! Your did a fantastic job of recreating the ones in the photo. I love Charles Faudree, too - his interiors are always so overdone in just the perfect way - lol!! Hope that your daughter had a wonderful night at the prom - just a special occasion!!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".