Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Doggone Gallery Wall

Last week I had a hot date 
over at my BFF's house 
to help her with her Gallery Wall 
in her basement bathroom.  
I don't know if you remember 
when I showed you her basement transformation 
a few years ago.  
We remodeled the whole area, 
taking it from drab 70's nightmare 
to a warm and inviting pub style entertaining space. 
This is the guest bathroom that we remodeled.  

You can see the before and after HERE.
This is how it looks now.  
Hmmmmmm, not much 
has changed since the remodel! 
Hey, we have been busy! 
She has been collecting Dog paintings, 
prints and memorabilia to use in the room 
and finally, 
after visiting millions of Estate Sales,
has enough to start the Gallery Wall. 
source
We were inspired by the socialite 
Brooke Astor's stairway 
with her magnificent dog paintings. 
And I did a little research out there 
on the Internet 
and found these pictures on Pinterest.
Another close up of the Stairway...
source
Mario Buatta's Living Room...
 And a beautiful Living Room that Betsy Speert 
showed us on her blog- Link Here.
So, first things first.... 
We had dinner and wine.... 
WELL, I had to get paid somehow!!!  
We measured the wall 
and I taped out the measurements on the carpet.  
Hey, plaid carpet helps for this!  
We had our critics there 
to give us unsolicited advice!  
We cut templates for all of the pictures 
out of brown wrapping paper.  
 Once we had an arrangement 
that we liked 
we taped the paper templates to the wall.  
OK, we had some more wine.... 
THEN we taped the templates to the wall.  
Thinking back now 
I can see why it took us so long 
to complete this project!
WOW!  We really did have a LOT of wine!!!
OK, that's better!  
We tweaked the arrangement 
a little until we were satisfied 
and then we hung the pictures 
right on top of the paper.  
As you can see things moved down a bit 
after hanging the templates.  
Some things just have to be eyeballed!  
We left room to add some corbels 
on either side of the adorable cocker spaniel  
that looks just like my little baby.
And Project "Doggone Gallery Wall" complete!  
Let's celebrate with a glass of wine!  
Looks like there is lots of room 
to add more prints and paintings to her collection.  
Hope she invites me over for more wine to help!

I really have to get over there 
and take some more pictures of her basement.  
It is really looking fantastic!  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves

Sharing at:



Be Inspired Party @ Elizabeth & Co.
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Make it Pretty Monday @ The Dedicated House

French Country Cottage
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 

15 click here to Comment:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love gallery walls and love dog prints. Win win!

NanaDiana said...

Nice job, Cindy- even if YOU were a little "off kilter" the arrangement looks pretty straight! lol What fun-Great job- xo Diana

Ron said...

I love gallery walls and the arrangement is perfect! xo

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Beautiful! I so wish I had a dog gallery myself, being such a dog lover. Someday! The arrangement you designed is awesome...I will even hire you and give you dinner even...of course with the wine too, lol! Spectacular walls!
Now I even know how you got to design the aligment perfectly for the art work. Thanks!
FABBY

Unknown said...

First of all that bathroom is just gorgeous!
And the dog art gallery wall makes it sheer perfection - beautiful job !!!
XOX

Chatfield Court said...

Love the dog prints and they look great in her bathroom.
Kristi

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Looks great Cindy!!

This N That said...

Looks great Cindy..I never would have gone to all that trouble and would have lots of holes here and there..Good job..

Jeanette said...

looks wonderful Cindy!

Alycia Nichols said...

This is a ost that is right on time, Cindy! My Mom wants me to help her with putting together a gallery. I wasn't quite sure how I was going to tackle the job, but now I do! Thank you! Oh...and there WILL be wine along with the whine about having to do it! :-)

Unknown said...

Oh, I love this! I have a very small dog print collection. I also really like the plaid carpet.
Nicole

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Beautiful job...the dog prints are wonderful and so is the bathroom!!!

lorraines resources and rewards said...

love the gallery wall and the prints are beautiful thanks for sharing visiting from nifty thrifty tuesday have a great day

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

Awe, you have a Westie & a Scottie! We had a sweet little Westie named Shanleigh for 15 years - they are the most adorable dogs. I see you and I use the same easy peasy hanging gallery art system - love it! Your Doggy art wall is gorgeous. So glad I found you at the Nifty Thrifty Tuesday Party!
Marie @ The Interior Frugalista

Janice Kay Schaub said...

Great idea., Love the black and white.
Janice

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".