Beaux R'eves

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Birthday Flowers in Transferware

Hello Everyone and Happy Wednesday!  
Tomorrow is my sweet friend's Birthday and I have a special gift for her.  We both like the same things so I knew when I found this awesome Transferware Tureen 
that she would love it too.  
And who doesn't love flowers?  
So I combined the two and came up with this!
The tureen is white with a pretty green pattern.  
I know it looks blue in some of the photos.
 The lid has a raised pattern on it that I adore.  
And, there are no chips in it at all.
So let's start this tutorial!  
Here's what you'll need:  Flowers (mine are from Costco), apples, floral foam, picks or skewers, ribbon, extra greenery if needed, 
   I put some wet floral foam in the bottom and taped it down.
I wanted to use apples because they always remind me of fall.  I put them on skewers and placed them in the bowl.
Now here comes the tricky part.  
I wanted to incorporate the lid also, since it is part of the gift.  I set it sideways on top of the handle and the apples and wired it tightly.
Don't worry, by the time we are done the wires won't show.  Promise!
I like to separate my flowers so that I know what I have to work with.  I usually start with the largest and work my way down.
The large gold spider Mums go in first.  
I like to work with threes for the larger impact flowers.
 Then the pretty red roses are added.  
I placed the large cattails in next and then started filling in with the smaller flowers.  The greenery will fill in any holes.  
So, I filled in all of the spaces and arranged a large bunch of what looks like wheat over the handle.  I made a bow with some sparkly ribbon and put it on top of the handle but I didn't like it.  It was too much.  
So I tied some raffia on with a maroon ribbon.  
Nope!  
Still don't like it.
I ended up just tying a simple ribbon around the wheat.  
I think it's perfect.
Very Fall!
I hope she likes it!  
By The Way, Today is my beautiful Mother's Birthday!  
She lives too far away to give these to but I sent her some!  
I Love You Mom!  
You are the BEST! 

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,
XO Cindy 



Sharing at:
  No Minimalist Here Open House Party 
Stone Gable  Tutorials, Tips, and Tidbits 

Cuisine Kathleen's-Let's Dish
Style Sisters- Centerpiece Wednesday
Susan's Tablescape Thursday 
 

Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

Poutpourri Friday at 2805
 Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
 Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
 

22 click here to Comment:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Cindy that turned out beautiful, your friend is going to LOVE IT!!

Olive said...

The tureen itself is lovely but adding the flowers makes it a splendid gift indeed. Happy day to your mum.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Cindy, the tureen and the arrangement are so beautiful! Your friend will love it! Happy Birthday to her AND your mom!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

It's a beautiful gift Cindy. Your friend is going to love it. "Happy Birthday" to your Mom.

Janette - The2Seasons said...

Ahhhh, so that's how they do that. Thanks for the tutorial. I would love to have some of your talent.

Nancy @ The Headmistress said...

Lovely! What a lucky friend!
Nancy

Maureen Wyatt said...

I've tried to memorize this so I don't just plunk the flowers in a vase next time. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to quite match your artistry, though! Beautiful tureen! ~ Maureen

~*Sharee*~ said...

You make it look so easy..:) I'm sure your friend will love these and the bowl is beautiful..

Hugs, Shar

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Cindy,
Your arrangement was lovely and I am sure your friend is gonna really love it,
always fun to get a gift within a gift too! Perfect for a Fall birthday.
Very Nice Job..........and Happy Birthday to your Mom!! Hope she has a great
day.
Blessings, Nellie

Madonna said...

What a lovely gift! Your friend is very lucky. Thank you for the lovely tutorial, I have been doing it just the opposite, and now suddenly it all makes sense.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh, my birthday is this Oct. 20th., so thank you, I'd love that gift!!!!!!!!....LOL!! What a lucky friend, wish I had the transferware tureen, arrangement or not! The arrangement is gorgeous, though. Big hugs,
FABBY

Rooms by Ann said...

Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy! Oh, your arrangement is simply gorgeous! Thank you for the tute and the transferware tureen is so pretty too. I know your friend will love it. I know I would!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Alycia Nichols said...

Very clever gift that I KNOW will be much appreciated!!! I am glad you showed how you wired the lid. I would not have necessarily guessed how to do that. The wheat is a REALLY great touch! It's beautiful!!! Great job!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Very pretty arrangement, and great tureen! I'm sure your friend will absolutely love it!

Lulu said...

I can't imagine that your friend won't love what you've created for her. Great tutorial too. I'm always happy to have someone tell me how to create a beautiful floral arrangement.

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Well, how gorgeous is that!

S
xo

birthday flower arrangements said...

There are lots of them, The all are beautiful, I just wanted to collect some flowers for my friends birthday,I have go a good idea for choosing them.

amit said...

Great combination of beautiful fresh flowers and exotic flowers.Such a beautiful floral arrangement.

Lisa said...

I'm assuming those beautiful flowers came from your garden.

Unknown said...

Vintage kitchen collectibles can transform your kitchen. Collectible dishes and textiles can do double duty as functioning kitchenware and colorful decorative accents. Here are some ideas for popular collectibles that will add a retro vibe to your kitchen.

quince flowers toronto

Online Florist Singapore said...

Thanks for sharing this amazing knowledge about birthday flower. If you are looking for a fast and reliable BIRTHDAY FLOWER DELIVERY YISHUN, Singapore? Then you must choose OnlineFloristSingapore. We have experienced delivery workers. To know more about them visit our website now!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".