Beaux R'eves

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Limoges Tablescape

Happy Midweek to you all!  
I hope you are all getting everything done on your To Do list! 
 My To Do list is never ending!  
And, I get sidetracked spending too much time 
on things that I shouldn't.  
Like my new Thomas Haviland Limoges dishes. 
 I just HAD to show you!  
So I created a mini tablescape. 
 It was all going along splendidly until I went to take pictures.
  Too much sun and too many shadows!  
Take pictures, load pictures, retake pictures, Sheesh!  
I finally gave up 
and waited for the sun to pass over the house.  
I found a small set of Thomas Haviland Limoges France dishes in the Eden pattern.  
I looked them up and I believe they are circa 1920's.  
The little house was so adorable.  
I think this little lady was a real Francophile! 
 She had lots of French stuff.  
Miss Beaux and I just happened upon this sale on our way another estate sale at a house that I wanted her to see.  
It was a one day sale with everything hitting half price at 2:00.  We both looked at each other and made a secret plan.  We would look around, buy a few things in good faith (and for good luck) and then come back at 2:00. 
There were 11 of these beautiful soup bowls 
And 10 bread plates.  The lid came with the set and also a gravy boat.  The soup tureen was obviously broken but let's pretend it's not for the sake of my photo shoot.
Aren't they so pretty?  They are very soft and Fall like when you pair them with the muted gold charger from Michael's and the gold scrolled napkin that is actually a tea towel from Tuesday Morning.
The original price was $50 for the set.  Half off~$25.00.  
Mr. Beaux met up with us for lunch and we all went back to the sale together.  I wasn't going to buy the dishes (oh yes, I wanted them) but Mr. Beaux could tell that I loved them and insisted on the purchase.  

He's such a sweetie! 

I placed them on top of my Imari dishes that were also an Estate Sale find.  
I love to mix patterns, don't you?
I think I paid around $5 for these plates.  They have just been sitting around waiting for me to use them.
These little teacups were a gift from a client. They have such a delicate pattern.  
I put little Mr. Dragonfly on the white napkins that I embroidered at my MIL's house.  I saw a few dragonflies this week out in the yard so I thought I would incorporate them.  
Looks like a cozy setting for two in the dining room tonight.  I'm dying for some Butternut squash soup and a big loaf of crusty bread!  I placed a Pendleton blanket in golds and brown on this chair in case it gets chilly.  
I bought these flowers at Target yesterday with Miss Beaux.  I love the cabbage flower in the middle!  One of our favorite things to do after school is peruse the aisles with a Starbucks and see what's new.  She said to me yesterday as we were shopping "What's gonna happen when I go to college Mom?  
  I'll miss going to Target Starbucks with you!"  
I replied 
"We will go on Saturdays 
cause I'm not letting you go too far!"  

~Sigh~
Time goes by so quickly doesn't it? 
 Pretty soon there will be a lot of dinners for two.

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves

29 click here to Comment:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

You have created an awesome transitional/autumn tablescape...I ♥ every single piece you have shared....especially your Nippon/Noritake teacup the client gave you - lucky gal!!!!

Olive said...

Cindy, this is splendid. Limoges always calls my name if I see it at a sale. Your daughter is right and will miss you a lot. Mine is four hours away and very homesick this month for some reason. I just posted about the olive bucket. xo, olive

Janette - The2Seasons said...

One word - Score!!!!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

What great finds, Cindy! You have the best luck! This is such a beautiful tablescape; and that last photo is absolutely gorgeous!

DIYbyDesign said...

The plates are beautiful. You really find amazing things at these estate sales. I have to try going to one.

Maureen Wyatt said...

Pheasants just say fall to me and what better place to have them than on Limoges china! You can pretend the empty next isn't going to happen until the day she actually leaves. I know I did! ~ Maureen

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

They're gorgeous Cindy!

Nancy @ The Headmistress said...

Unbelievable! Beautiful and thrifty! I would LOVE to follow you around to estate sales! Never seen anything like THIS at the ones I attend! Congrats!
Nancy

Marlis said...

Great find. Stunning dishes. I love the birds. Wow. and such a great price. Your table looks so pretty. Great accessory, the throw.. perfect with this table. xo marlis

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Your table for two is exquisite!

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Isn't Mr. Beaux the sweetest??!! You sure got great deals on those gorgeous dishes!

Patty said...

I love all of your china, especially the teacup and saucer. I couldn't help but notice the beautiful window treatments in the background. :) I love dragonflies and yours is so cute for the napkin. I love spending time with my daughter, like you.

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

That price is unbelievable! And the dishes are so beautiful. Enjoy your Starbucks with your little girl. Linda

Alycia Nichols said...

Ah! Dinners for two. I know them well. But I hear there's nothing like the bond between Mother and daughter, so not to worry. WHAT A DEAL on the dishes! And I'm glad your husband twisted your arm to get them. (I'm sure he only had to turn it about 5 degrees before you acquiesced!) :-) The colors are so pretty, and the pattern...yikes!!! Gorgeous! Perfect, perfect, perfect with your other bargain plates! ($5 is a WHALE of a bargain for those bad boys!!!) They complement each other to the nth degree!!! Beautiful floral arrangement with the cabbage. Real style!

Anonymous said...

I am such a Limoges girl too! I love these pieces! Amazing treasures! What a stunning tablesacpe!

Jordan@the2seasons said...

I am so impressed with all the beautiful dishes. What an amazing table. So pretty!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Cindy,

Your dishes are pretty.

Dee

The Tablescaper said...

Gorgeous. What an excellent addition to your collection.

I'd love to have you link to Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

As always, simply spectacular. Finding Imari dishes in the heartland was quite a find. They are always easier to find on the west coast. All of the arrangements and dishes are beautiful and the fall colors really set off more of the warm colors already in your house. Your thematic use of birds through out house is always fun to see.

Keep up the fantastic blog. I check it every day.

Unknown said...

I think I'm going to cry~happy tears! The Eden pattern was my grandmothers-passed on to my darling mother, then to me. I managed to find enough so that each of my three daughters have a set of 8!. I paid $75 just for a covered veggie bowl in the mid 80's. Every once in a while there will be a piece or two on ebay-check out the prices and you will be thrilled with your find. Love your blog~and your incredible talent. Thanks for the memories! Lois Munn

Unknown said...

Thank you Anonymous! I hope you are a follower by email or RSS feed! I am always in awe by the culture and tastes of the people here in the Midwest. I have been fortunate enough to have toured the most spectacular period homes here in Kansas City. I treasure all of the "finds" that I come across in my adventures in Estate Sale-ing. Thanks for your kind comments about my home.

Kelly said...

That is such a beautiful elegant table setting with your new dishes. I can see why you fell in love with them! I love your dining area in general too. It looks like it's in a villa. I think that is such a sweet tradition that you and your daughter have after school. I can tell that y'all are very close.

Anonymous said...

Your dishes are beautiful, as is your tablescape. My 13 year old granddaughter and I have a tradition similar to yours. Fridays I pick her up from school, we head to Starbucks and over coffee, we just sit and talk about anything and everything. We then peruse the aisles of Target and then head to Hobby Lobby. I love it and we both look forward to our Friday coffee and gab sessions. Kathy

thistlewoodfarm said...

The last picture is so beautiful! Your dishes are so pretty! I love the mix and matched patterns.

Thanks for inspiring me today!
karianne

Unknown said...

Awww that sounds like so much fun! My Nana and I were very close also. Those will be great memories for her!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Lois. What a treasure for your Daughters! That is my ultimate goal~ to pass on these heirlooms to my children... I'm so glad that you enjoy my blog.
XO Cindy

Marigene said...

Simply beautiful, Cindy.

Kathleen said...

Your new dishes are so beautiful! What a lovely table you set with them. I am trying to mix more than I used to!
Beautiful flowers!

Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish!

Unknown said...

Absolutely wonderful, thank you, I would love to share the pictures of the my collected limoges dessert plates.

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".