Beaux R'eves

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

New Look For The Entry

Hello Everyone!  
How is your week going?  
Mine has been busy as usual but a little lonely!  
Miss Beaux went back to college 
on Monday and I am missing her already.  
Mr. Beaux was traveling to a work conference 
for half of the week.  
That left me all alone with the Bubs!  
I thought I would get a ton of stuff done 
while I was alone but that didn't happen.  
My two sons filled my calendar 
with visits to my home gym from one 
and a trip to the dog park with the other...  
I did however manage to change 
my entry table up a bit.  
Last time you saw it I had the lemon arrangement 
in my blue and white footbath.  
My goal is to keep things as simple 
as I can around the house 
and change as little as possible 
while it is for sale.  
So, with that in mind...
I kept the bouillotte lamp 
and the blue and white container 
and changed what was around it.  
I am trying to lighten things up 
as the weather moves from winter to spring.  
So, the footbath was filled with hydrangeas.  
Sadly, they are fake and not real.  
I had some dried hydrangeas from my garden 
but I wanted a really soft and light look so I used the fake.  
Sometimes you just have to use fake flowers!  
They are not so bad really...
I placed my new candy dish from 
Nell Hill's on the table also.  
The white really lightens everything up.  
I will put the chocolates out when we have visitors 
but for now it is locked up tight!  
Time to tighten up the calories after Christmas!  
This blue and white plate is an Estate Sale find.  
I set it atop two old books 
that were also found at Estate Sales.  
I like to add height with books.  
An easy change midwinter for the front entry!  
I think it just lightens everything up a bit... 
Our weather here has been nice too... 
But don't worry, 
I'm not fooled into thinking it is Spring just yet!

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,

Sharing at:


What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ 
The Charm of Home 
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours   

 


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

8 click here to Comment:

Susan' Hearts and Flowers said...

Love the blue and white!! Your vignette is so pretty!

Pura Vida said...

It looks simple and fresh

The Lavender Bouquet said...

What lovely changes you've made to your foyer. Love the blue additions. Great job!!

The French Hutch said...

I am on a mission to change my entry and this is a beautiful look. Thanks for the inspiration.

This N That said...

Nice look Cindy..Bright, crisp and fresh!!

Anonymous said...

Your vignette is wonderful...simple and elegant. Love it!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I inherited a collection of Blue Willow from my Mama & I haven't had the heart to bring them home. But you have made me start thinking about it. Thank you

Robin Johnson said...

It all looks so nice and pretty. well done.

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".