Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Realtor Open House

Whew!  
The Realtor Open House was today 
and I am glad to get that all behind me.  
Do they have those in your area?  
It's when all of the Realtors parade 
through your home and give feedback 
to the Realtor who has the listing.  
They usually hold it when you first list the home 
but it was so close to the holidays 
that we decided to wait until January.  
In order to get as many Realtors to attend 
they usually serve food to entice them to show up.  
I didn't have to do anything 
but get the house ready.  
I snapped a few photos of the 
Kitchen Hearth Room 
to show you.  
You haven't seen the new rug, 
sectional, and pillows all put together...
When I was at Home Goods buying the new rug 
this cute pillow jumped into my cart.  
Doesn't it just scream 
"I want Spring to start!"?  
I have a few pillows 
that I need to sew 
but I just haven't found time yet.  
So this will have to do for now.  
I love the new throw from Pottery Barn.  
It's the perfect color!  
And do you see the plates on the wall?  
They were there before 
but I added a few new ones 
that I found at Mission Road Antique Mall.
They were in a cute booth 
and they were only $10.00 for 7 plates.  
They were made in Austria.  
I like the soft pattern of the delicate flowers 
in the greens and blues. 

They are quiet little plates 
that are barely a whisper of color from far away.  
I set out my blue/green glass bottles 
on the sofa back table 
and a few Spring-ish pillows 
on the French bench by the back doors.
Some of my new Nell Hill's finds 
went on the built in hutch.  
I put some tea light candles in the votives 
and placed them on a white decorative tray that I had.  
Just Simple!  
My newly recovered chair 
got a new pillow that I had in my stash.  
The colors go perfectly with the rug.
It's like the rug was always there.  
People that come over don't notice it 
but they comment on how fresh 
and pretty the room looks.  
It's like when you get a really great haircut!  
Your friends know something is different 
but it's not such a big change, just a better look!  
I'm just sitting here enjoying it all clean and perfect.  
Because, I know pretty soon 
all of the dog toys are going to be all over 
and the throws and pillows  will be everywhere, 
people (and dogs) will make a mess 
and clutter up my perfectness...  
But that's OK, I would rather live happily 
with all of the mess than be lonely in a perfect room!  
Besides, I know that I contribute greatly to the chaos!  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,

Sharing at:
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ 
The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours   
French Country Cottage
 
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

18 click here to Comment:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful room. Love the rug!!

Amber ~ The French Pressed Home said...

Beautiful everything! Your home looks like a model, you know, the kind that you go into and you just want to buy the house decorated exactly how it is. Love your style.

This N That said...

I've sold 3 houses and we've always had all the realtors come soon after listing..Supposedly so they are up to date on new listings....Your home always looks great..Should sell without any trouble..

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Beautiful Cindy...I know you received nothing but positive feedback!!

Teresa P said...

Cindy,
Your home is a realtors dream. Beautiful, fresh and uncluttered. I am sure it will sell fast!

BTW...Could you tell me the color of your wall paint in kitchen and hearth room? I am looking for a neutral color but not gray.

Suzanne said...

Everything looks gorgeous. Good luck with the sale!

At The Picket Fence said...

It looks so beautiful Cindy!! Wish I could buy your house! :-)

sweet violets said...

Your home is always beautiful!!! I really love the new rug and the aqua accents you've added......

Pura Vida said...

Nice touches

theresa2012ball@gmail.com said...

You are doing a good job in keeping your spirits up despite the frustrations. I could feel your frustration about the no-show. We had similar experiences when we sold our home. I'd rush home from work in the middle of the day to take the dog out of the house (a 40 min drive to and from), only to have the people spend less than 10 minutes in the house! We sold our home to someone who lived out of town and fell in love with the house via photos posted. When they come to town to tour homes, they looked at our home first, toured others, and came back. That day, I gladly sat in the car with the dog while they took ALL THE TIME they wanted. SO photos and staging (as you have done) make a big difference! Your home is beautiful and I recall it was that beauty that caused me to sign up to receive your posts.

Unknown said...

I can see myself living there! Beautiful!

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

Everything looks so fresh and beautiful! I'm sure it will sell quickly!

Jeanette said...

Your home is always beautiful. I love to visit you and your blog!

Cynthia said...

I remember them all to well. I didn't enjoy that process at all. Everything looks so pretty

Cindy

NanaDiana said...

OMGosh, Cindy! That is the SAME rug that I bought (one size down) for my dinette. lol Great minds, huh? I love those little plates and I have gone to the soft blues, too. Your house looks lovely. Show-worthy. Good luck selling. xo Diana

Sandi said...

Beautiful!

Stacey said...

That room just couldn't be any prettier! I bet it will sell in a flash once people really start house shopping this season.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This room and the adjoining kitchen are so beautiful. I could live there in a heartbeat. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".