Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

One A Day ~ Organizing My Drawers and Cupboards

I know it looks pretty on the outside 
but lurking inside this built in hutch 
is a mountain of disorganization.  
The drawers are stuffed with who know what!  
I started thinking this week 
that when we move it's going to be quite a job 
to go through all of the cupboards and 
drawers to purge and pack.  
So, I decided that in order to keep my sanity 
I would work on "One A Day".  
Tackling one drawer or cupboard 
a day is certainly doable.
 Drawer Number One:  
What is all that stuff?  
Oh My!  
I took everything out and placed it in a bin.  
I had a trash sack for throw away items 
and another basket for things I would be relocating 
to the proper place (like stray tools).  
I had this organizing insert in 
another drawer and I was not utilizing it properly.  
You can find a lot of these types of organizers 
at Target, Walmart or even the Dollar Store.  
And, everything went back in 
that I use on a daily basis.  
YAY! 
First drawer complete!  
A lot of the items in that drawer were 
Dog related, so I put them in the basket 
I had in the Laundry Room.  
Now I have all of those things at my fingertips.
I also have this basket sitting 
on the counter next to the phone.  
It keeps everything off of the counter 
like charging phones, ipads, glasses, 
stray mail, pens and pencils.  
I liked the plaid for the holidays 
but I wanted to change it out for Spring.  
Besides, the basket needed to be cleaned out too.  
I found this in my upstairs office closet.  
I think Miss Beaux used it at one time.  
Much better!

Wish me luck in my self challenge
of
One A Day!

What's in your junk drawer?  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,

Sharing at:
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ 
The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

13 click here to Comment:

Calypso In The Country said...

I really need to do this with a few drawers! Looks great!
Shelley

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Cindy,
Love you built in cabinets with all your white ware.....so beautiful.
That is funny cause I just cleaned out my junk drawer a few weeks ago, and am loving it.
We had these cookies we bought at sam's and they had plastic container to hold the cookies
and they were perfect for lil of this and that, so I used one of those for all the lil things and it worked great.

I like the idea of doing one cabinet a day, might just have to try that myself.
Good luck to you.
Blessings, Nellie

Wild Oak Designs said...

One a day...good idea! Actually, I've been doing this for every room over months in prep for new floors going thru to closets...did one a day and actually reorganized them all! Just in time for the flooring guys. (They were so pleased as we were so much more than ready, right down to the felt pads, wheels, or rubber protectors for pieces of furniture)...
Good job (but don't move....)
Nancy
wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

This N That said...

Good job Cindy..I'm sure we all have one drawer like that..Hope you kind find stuff now!!

Anonymous said...

I just love looking at pics of your home Cindy! I'd buy it in a flash if I lived there:)

Pura Vida said...

your drawer made me laugh and brought fond memories of 3 small children at home...all gone and married

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

My 2 big drawers in the kitchen JUST got cleaned out last night. We were looking for the baster and could only find the bulb. So, after dinner I emptied both drawers and did what you did. Only put back what went in there, reaocated other things to where they belong, and THREW OUT a bunch of stuff. MUCH better! it feels so good, doesn't it? BTW, never found the other half of the baster so have to go buy one:)

Marigene said...

I am so glad I am not the only one with a drawer that looks like a three year old organized it! I did cleaned mine out a couple weeks ago, now I have lots of room...to collect, again.
Happy organizing, Cindy!

Jennelise said...

It looks great! Sometimes organizing is fun - you feel so free afterwards :)
Jennelise

Kim P. said...

What a great idea, one a day ! Im gonna do this, thanks so much, it was just so over whelming to think of even takling one room of "drawers". Im a secret stuffer, lol

Deserae said...

I think everyone has a drawer like that....I know I do!!! Yours looks great now all organized...
~Des

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

looks great! Nice idea.
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

One More Time Events said...

Great ideas and such a beautiful pieces

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".