Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tabletop Trees~Christmas in My Living Room

with you recently.  
Because the Mantel makes such a statement 
I wanted to keep the rest of the room soft 
and kind of uncluttered.  
Also, to be perfectly honest 
I have done a "designer" tree in this room 
for a lot of years and I am just tired of doing it!  
I would rather spend time doing other things...  
Like baking, or making gifts, or wrapping them...  
It takes a lot of time and I seem to be the only one 
who appreciates it.  
So no more about that (my bitter party of one is exiting).  

Let me show you my Tabletop Tree!  
The beauty of a Tabletop Tree 
is that it can be placed just about anywhere.  
It doesn't take up much space 
and because I placed it in the urn it looks much taller. 
I filled the urn with sand and stuck the tree inside.  
The sand really keeps it stable and it doesn't topple over.  
It's also easy to adjust the tree so it isn't lopsided.  
I used a round table from my guest room with a gold table skirt and a white topper. 

I placed some keepsakes around the base of the urn.  
My favorite picture of my grandparents 
and my kiddos when they were teeny tiny.  
I love this little hand blown glass present.  
The cloche in the background is filled with ornaments and the cute heart pillow I won on Debra's blog, Common Ground.
I used soft golds, blues and silver in the tree this year.  
I wanted a kind of snowy Swedish look.  
I started with lots of lights 
and wove the white and silver ribbon through the tree.  
When I finished placing the ornaments 
I placed little tufts of snow inside of the tree 
with pine cones resting on top.
I love the effect that this gives the tree.  
I also placed some of the fluffy snow 
in the bottom of the tree inside of the urn.
I used picks that I had with clear sparkly ends on them.  

 I ended up only buying a few ornaments this year, 
most of them I already had.  
 This crown tree topper was a new find at Hobby Lobby. 
 I made these wreaths from the fresh rope garland that I bought at Costco.  
I adore the unstructured look of them.  
It is really hard to get a good picture in this room.  

I just wired the garland onto the grapevine 
wreaths that I already had.  
I could have wired all of the loose greenery 
but I like the way it falls every which way.  
My wine cabinet got dressed up too.  
Just a little garland and a few ornaments.
The paperwhites are in full bloom in my silver reindeer bowl.  I finally tied them up and staked them the other day.  
I walked by and they were flopping all over the place.  

Thanks for stopping by to see my tiny tabletop tree 
and my living room!

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

linking up to these great parties: 

Kim at SavvySouthern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays  

 Judy at DIY by Design

  Roeshel  at DIY Showoff

   No Minimalist Here Open House Party  Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
                                     Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
 Roeshel  at DIY Showoff


19 click here to Comment:

NanaDiana said...

Cindy-It looks beautiful! Sometimes I wonder why I do what I do, too. I did it up big this year because we will probably sell and downsize within the next year. But-now I know that I could go to a tabletop tree like yours and be happy with it- Great job- xo Diana

DIYbyDesign said...

I love your tabletop tree. It's absolutely gorgeous. I want to have a mini tree and it's on my list to try to make this weekend.

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

I love it! I'm thinking about doing the same thing next year. Your living room is gorgeous!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Cindy, your tree is gorgeous! I love all of the accents that you placed underneath. All of your vignettes are just stunning!

Babs said...

Love the special keepsakes beneath the tree and your reindeer bowl. The soft colors are really pretty.

Pat@BPM said...

Amazing and gorgeous!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love it Cindy. I did a tabletop tree, too this year. So much easier. Yours is really gorgeous.

Olive said...

Cindy, it is perfect in your room. Love the soft colors. The triple wreaths in the windows are pretty too. Olive

Two Cottages And Tea said...

So beautiful! Your tree is perfect and I love the soft colors. Merry Christmas to you!
Nancy

Karen said...

Your tree is beautiful Cindy. I did a table top tree this year too and I love it. Now my husband says he wants two next year. Kinda defeats the purpose lol.

foreverdecorating said...

Beautiful. I agree with you and actually sold my 9 foot tree so I wouldn't be temped to get it out and decorate it! My table top one is five feet tall but looks huge on the table in the urn. So much easier to decorate and give me time for others that I want to do. Your room is so stunning!

Shanee said...

This is stunning! Love the tabletop tree and the urn and the wreaths....ummmmm I really just love the whole room, can I come over! lol Thanks for sharing, it is just beautiful. Visiting from Savvy Southern Style.

Maureen Wyatt said...

I admit my trees a getting smaller and simpler, too. Yours is delightful and the whole room is festive without being overwhelming!

CARMEN ROSA SUÁREZ S. said...

Espectacular!! Beautiful,amazing and gorgeus!!

http://trocitodeluna.blogspot.com.es/

Sue said...

Very pretty Cindy. I exchanged a full size tree for a tabletop in my guest room this year, and isn't it so much quicker to decorate? Yours turned out lovely, and I also like the wreaths you made. Perfect touch.
Merry Christmas

Wild Oak Designs said...

wonderful! Thanks for sharing...
Nancy
http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

So pretty! I love the vignette under your tree too, and the wreaths look so pretty in the windows!

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

Of course I love the tabletop tree. I did the same thing this year. So much more simple and still elegant.

DIYbyDesign said...

Your table top tree is so gorgeous. I am going to be featuring it tomorrow night at my Winter Blues Wednesday party (Fall into Fall). The party will be opening Wednesday at 12:01am instead of Tuesday night at 8pm EST because I am participating in the blogger day of silence tomorrow. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks.

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".