Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Decked and Done! Kitchen Hearth Room Christmas 2012

My Kitchen~Hearth Room is all decked out for Christmas 
and it's put me in the mood for a party!  
Unfortunately,(or maybe fortunately) 
Mr. Beaux is not having the company Christmas party 
here this year.  
Maybe I will invite a bunch of friends 
over for drinks and such.  
Come in and take a look at my traditional Christmas 
decor in my Kitchen~Hearth Room for 2012.
I usually use traditional colors in this room because 
my furniture lends itself to this scheme, 
but also because I always put out the kids 
handmade treasures on the tree.  
Besides, red and green just says Christmas to me!
Our family tree is in the corner by my French bench 
and it is filled with all of the sentimental ornaments.  
I just tucked some red berries inside 
and used the burlap bows that I bought at Nell Hill's tent sale. 
 Santa was a gift to us from our friends in China.  
Well, hey they make everything there right?  
He is handsome though isn't he?  
OK, indulge me here... 
An ornament only a Mother can love!
And some silly reindeer we made one year as gifts.  
Most of them are missing one eye. ;)
I hung three of these pine wreaths along the window wall 
with the script ribbon from Pottery Barn.  
They really make the house smell Christmasy.
Here is a look at the whole room.  
I've switched the old rug back in since it's Winter, although it 
doesn't feel much like it here!
I showed you my dish cupboard last week.  
You can see it again here.  
I went out looking for new pillows this week 
and came up short.  
So, I stenciled these pillows that I bought at Decor Steals 
with a kind of snowflake pattern.
Sorry, really bad picture... but you get the idea.  
I picked up this cute pillow at Marshall's.  
I love mixing patterns and fabrics.  
I kept my built in cabinets simple with a real tree in a wine box and a Santa from my collection.
I'll plant the trees outside after Christmas.  
I can always use more evergreen trees.  
On the Kitchen side I've decked out the upper cabinets 
with garland, lights and berries.  
My ironstone platters and new crown plates make a good backdrop for Christmas!
I threw some old garland, berries and lights 
inside the galvanized bucket.  
When I was up there earlier this fall I saw that I still had electrical outlets there but no over cabinet lighting.  
After our flood I guess some things fell between the cracks!
Another Santa stands on top of my cake plate.
And look at my Paperwhites 
that I planted just a few weeks ago!  
I tied them up with a red ribbon and placed them in my doughbowl filled with pinecones.  
Little green and red mini ornaments 
rest inside the red transferware dish.  
My new purchase: Miss Beaux calls him 
"Alternative Santa" and his reindeer.  
He is sitting next to my rustic candle holder
 on the kitchen island.  

I hope you enjoyed a look at Christmas 2012 in my Kitchen~Hearth Room.  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,
XO Cindy

Linking up to:
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch
    Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
  Kim at SavvySouthern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays  
 Judy at DIY by Design
  Roeshel  at DIY Showoff
   No Minimalist Here Open House Party 
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday

Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party
                                     Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
 Roeshel  at DIY Showoff

25 click here to Comment:

Cranberry Morning said...

What a beautiful room! And I love all the little festive touches you've added to make it such a special Christmas room!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

It all looks so good. Very festive!

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

Everything looks great. Love the upper kitchen cabinets. My paperwhites are looking pretty good now, too. The "everything is made in China" comment was too funny and the Santa looks cool.

Ron said...

I am your newest follower. Great work. I hope you visit Uptown Acorn soon.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Cindy, everything looks so pretty and festive! Love the greenery and red berries, with the white dinnerware. All of your accents are perfect!

Cristina Garay said...

It all looks beautiful! The handmade treasures from my kids were also the first ones to go up on our tree! I love them! The "Alternative Santa" and deer are very cute too!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Red and green say Christmas to me too Cindy, so I guess I'm a traditional girl at heart when it comes to decorating for Christmas! You kitchen and hearth room look fabulous! Love the way you draped the garland over your cabinets!

At The Picket Fence said...

I just love everything Cindy!!! I was kind of questioning the style of my home today...sometimes feel like I get side-tracked a bit...but then coming here reminds me of why I love tried and true traditional style with a relaxed welcoming air. Because that is exactly how I see your home. Warm, inviting, elegant and more! Hope that makes sense! :-) It is truly all so beautiful and you've given me some ideas for a few more touches for my own home. Thanks for sharing yours with us!
Vanessa

P.S. Sorry that was such a long comment. LOL!

Mom E. said...

Cindy,
it's so beautiful! makes me want to get my decorating fnished!
Hearts to you,
Betsy

Heather@http://southernabbey.com said...

It looks beautiful. I love the plates on top of the cabinets with the greens and I love the bucket with greens and lights. It all looks great!

Maureen Wyatt said...

Love the ornament only a mother can love! It's all very festive without being overwhelming!

DEBRA said...

what a lovely home you have and the Christmas decor is stunning!

Sherry @ Thrift My House said...

How fun! And pretty! Perfect for your upcoming parties. Love all the details.

Maria Elena said...

Your holiday decor is amazing!!! I love every detail, specially the garland over your cabinets. Gorgeous!

Marigene said...

What a gorgeous room...love the tartan reindeer.

Cynthia said...

I absolutely love this it is so festive. I love the santa and the greenery, the tree and that metal bucket filled is gorgeous.

Cynthia

Debra@CommonGround said...

your kitchen is so wonderful! love that galvanized tub on top of the cabinets!

Becca Bertotti said...

Beautiful! I love your Santas ... the berries/greenery and lights in the galvenized bucket and festive pillows! Your tree is lovely (my favorite ornament being the handcrafted one by your kiddo). And, yes, you definitely need to have people over! Happy Holidays!

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Everything is beautiful! Love the galvanized tub!

Calypso In The Country said...

Your home looks beautiful! I love the bucket on top of the cabinets and all your other details!
Cheers! - Shelley

Linda said...

Thanks for the lovely tour!! Your home is beautiful!!

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Just beautiful. Love the greenery in the kitchen with the white platters. Everything is elegant and comfortable at the same time. Perfect.
Karen

lynn cockrell said...

Your home is lovely and so beautifully decorated for Christmas. I am pretty much a traditionalist so I really appreciate the earthy appeal of your home. This year we purchased a slender tree which we put up in our kitchen and decorated mainly with hand-made ornaments made by me and by family members and friends. Added into the mix are some of a more vintage and nostalgic sort. The tree fits perfectly into the corner of the eat-in area where my dear husband and I enjoy most of our meals. Since so much time is spent in our kitchen,where I still do a good deal of cooking, I love the warm and homey feeling the tree adds to the room. Thanks for sharing your home with us.

Amy Winningham said...

I love the color of the walls in your den! Would you happen to know what color was used?

Unknown said...

Hi Amy, the color on the walls in the Kitchen and Hearth room is Benjamin Moore HC31 Waterbury Cream. I hope you see this as you were a "no reply blogger" which means that I couldn't send you a direct email.
Cindy

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".