Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My Latest Obsession

When my boys went to college 
I left their rooms intact, 
just the way they left them.  
They would return home for the summers 
and then they moved out completely 
after they graduated.  
Well, almost after the graduated.  
I still kept their rooms pretty much the same 
as they would spend the night occasionally 
and I also thought that they might want 
to take some of their furniture with them 
when they moved out permanently.  
Now that we are selling the house and "Right Sizing" 
I am thinking about how I will furnish the guest rooms.

Traditional Bedroom by Nashville Interior Designers & Decorators Kristie Barnett, The Decorologist

Isn't this a beautiful room?  
I found it on Houzz.  It's by The Decorologist.  

The furniture that I have now is just a collection 
of mish mash that doesn't even make sense.  
After the boys took what they wanted 
I was left with the the bare minimum.  
 
Traditional Bedroom by Cornelius Interior Designers & Decorators StarrMiller Interior Design, Inc.

So, my plan is to start collecting 
what I want now little by little.  
And my plan is to do it as cost effectively as possible... 
That means scouring Estate Sales, 
consignment stores and Craig's List.
 

Eclectic Bedroom by New York Architects & Building Designers Incorporated

I have been particularly interested 
in obtaining 
a highboy dresser.  
I have seen them lately 
at the Estate Sales.  
 
Transitional Bedroom by Fairfield Interior Designers & Decorators Tiffany Eastman Interiors, LLC

I am really in love with this style of hardware.  
So, as luck would have it, 
I was perusing the upcoming sales 
and I see this dresser...
 It is a Drexel dresser and that is about all I know.  
Since they noted that it was a "Drexel" and not 
"Drexel Heritage", that means that it was
made before 1974.
I am guessing 40's or 50's.
 It must have been a set 
because this dresser is also pictured.  
It's so perfectly what I want!  
The sale starts Thursday morning 
and I have to bee there bright and early 
if I want to buy it.  
Something like this would sell very quickly.  
I don't even know how much it is...  
But from what I have seen in consignment stores 
and other Estate Sales 
they run from $175.00 to $300.00.  
Wish me luck!  
 These keys were also pictured in the Estate sale... 
So, I guess as a consolation prize 
if I don't get the furniture, 
I might be coming home with these!

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,


Sharing at:


What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ 
The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

8 click here to Comment:

sweet violets said...

Love the first bedroom......esp. the rug!!! How can you shop for furniture not knowing what size rooms you will have???

Jeanette said...

Good Luck at the sale! I Hope you are able to snag these great pieces!

Donna Roth said...

I work at estate sales and many times the beautiful antique pieces will take awhile to sell. I'm in Southeast Texas and I know things are different across the country. Down here, they usually take a day or two and usually sell on the last day, half-price day. It always amazes me because I would think these beautiful pieces would go first. I bet the keys sell before the furniture. Still, I would get there early as you plan to do. Also, have paper and tape on you so you can slap a sold sign on the items, along with your name, right away. Good luck!!!

Karen said...

Good luck! I hope you get the piece that you want and maybe the keys too.

Joanne said...

Love the carpet in the room by Kristie. What a great jumping off point. The second bedroom is very elegant. I want that lucite table. Lol
That's a great set. They were built with quality material and workmanship so you should be getting a nice sturdy piece. Go early and grab it! Looking forward to seeing how you transpose your sons' rooms into nice guest rooms.

Joanne said...

I should have said the fourth bedroom is very elegant.

Alycia Nichols said...

It's Thursday afternoon, and I'm hoping that by now you are at home looking longingly and lovingly at your new furniture prizes!!!

Sarah said...

Good luck! I think the chest is lovely. Hope it goes home with you. '-)

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".