Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Layering Fabrics in the Master Bedroom

Yesterday I gave you a sneak peak of some fabric 
that I was working with for the Master Bedroom.  
I finally finished last night 
and wanted to let you in on the changes...
Yes, I've been busy sewing drapery panels!  
Lined and Everything!  
I originally ordered this Buffalo Check 
fabric in Seabreeze at Calico Corners 
to make some pillow shams.   
They were having a sale too!

BUFFALO CHECK SEABREEZE
Calico Corners
Did you know that they no longer have fabric 
right on the bolt for you to buy?  
So, I ordered it and I started thinking... 
which always gets me in trouble!  
Maybe drapes would look good with this fabric.  
So, I hung the bolt over the mirror 
to get a sense of how it would look 
and made my BFF come in 
and give me a second opinion.  
We both agreed 
~ Curtains for the room!  
And I hurriedly ordered MORE fabric.  
Their shipping is really fast 
so by the time I finished with one panel 
the fabric was here.  
 I lined it with drapery lining from Jo-Ann's.  
I followed the tutorial on Allison's Blog,
The House of Hepworths.
It was so helpful!
See my fancy hand sewing for the hem?  
OK, look away now!!!  
 I love the way that it coordinates with everything.  
I also like the way that I took my time 
deciding exactly what I wanted in the room.  
I still have enough fabric left over 
for the pillow shams,
but they will have to be on hold for now.  
I'm getting ready for Miss Beaux's Graduation 
and every time I turn around 
there is something ELSE to do!  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,

15 click here to Comment:

This N That said...

Love the fabric Cindy..My LR couch and chair are that color..Did you really hem them by hand ?? I'm so impressed !! Looks great..

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the checks and the shams will really pull it all together.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Cindy they look beautiful...LOVE that fabric!! My daughter is graduating 8th grade this year, so many fun events coming up...think I'll be taking a little blogging break soon.

Cathy's World said...

Love the fabric and the curtains. I did our MB in indigo and a light cream with splashes of yellow. I love any shade of blue. Great job! :)

Unknown said...

Luv the way all the fabrics relate to each other. Beautiful. Luv the checks!

Carla said...

Check out the tutorial on Addicted 2 Decorating. Your curtains are lovely.

Jeanette said...

I love the buffalo check fabric. I love when everything is not all the same and perfectly matched. Great job as usual!

Basil6 said...

Your drapes look Great....and very, very nicely done! Loved your detailed pictures and meticulous stitching.

theresa2012ball@gmail.com said...

Love love love buffalo checks - keep thinking I'm going to find a way to use one of the colors in my house some day. Your bedroom is beautiful. May is a busy time; graduation events are a full-on focus!

The Vintage Chateau said...

What a pretty room, it looks so restful.
Karee

DIYbyDesign said...

I just received a sample of that exact fabric and plan on making a bedskirt with it for my guest room. Your drapes look beautiful. It's great fabric in a great pattern.

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Cindy, the fabric is lovely and you did a fantastic job on the drapes. The room is gorgeous! It has such a relaxing feel! Beautiful!

Cynthia said...

Love these curtains, you did a fantastic job!! Can't wait to see them with the shams.

Cynthia

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love the checked curtains! They look wonderful in your room.

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Cindy,
Love your curtains, I just love buffalo check..........no matter the color. That looks wonderful in your bedroom and the color is just so pretty and you did an awesome job on them too..........it will look great with some pillows too.

LIfe is what happens when we are making our plans.... that is for sure............. have fun with the graduation plans..........I am sure it will be a lovely event as you
always make things look beautiful and special.
Blessings, Nellie

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".