Beaux R'eves

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Collections: Hanging Copper Pots

Good Morning!  
I hope you have had a beautiful weekend! 
Our weather was awesome!  
I was so thankful because 
Miss Beaux's Sweetheart Dance was last night.  
We were able to take pictures outside!  
I will share one of my favorites at the end of my post.

On Friday I shared my growing 
Copper Collection 
with you.  

I showed you how to Clean Copper the Natural way.  
If you missed that post look HERE.

Now that they are all clean, 
shiny and pretty, 
I need to find a place to display them. 

I don't have a pot rack 
over my Kitchen Island 
so that is not an option.  
I would love that, 
but I sacrificed a pot rack for a crystal chandelier.
Source



I don't have ANY 
wall space in my Kitchen.  
I love the look of the pots all hanging on the wall.  
Isn't that what Julia Child did?
Source
I can guarantee you that I am NO Julia Child!  
But I would die to have her collection of Copper Pots!
Source
Here is a fun Copper Pot display 
that I found on Susan's Blog:  
Unfortunately I don't even have 
THAT much space 
on the walls of my Kitchen!

Traditional Kitchen by Millbrook Architects & Designers Crisp Architects

I saw these photos on Houzz.  
Isn't this a pretty Kitchen?

Traditional Kitchen by Millbrook Architects & Designers Crisp Architects 

I love how they have hung the pots over the stove.  
I was admiring 
the arched vent hood 
and I realized that it looked 
a lot like the arch over my Kitchen window.  

And the wheels started turning.  

Could I hang my pots over the window?  
How would that look?  


 I guess the only way to find out 
was to try it, right?

The funny thing was 
that I already had a curtain rod 
fixture behind the arch in anticipation 
of a Curtain being hung there.  
I really can't remember when or why it was hung.  
But I can tell you 
that said "Curtain" has not appeared.  
It is just one of those projects 
that I haven't gotten around to doing.  

I went in search of a rod and 
found an old one 
in the garage.  
I was pretty sure that I had some 
S hooks around somewhere too.  
I found some but they were too small to fit over the rod.  
But those things never deter me!  
I just keep thinking and digging around 
to find a solution.  
I found some curtain rings in my stash 
and looped them on the rod.  
The I hung the S hooks from the curtain rings. 

That worked!  
I hung them all up 
and stood back 
to to see if I liked it or not.  
I never know!  
I always have an idea in my head 
of how it might look 
but I am never sure until it is done.  
 I love the warmth 
that the copper brings 
into the kitchen!
 What do you think?  
I am excited to add to my collection now!  
 The angle of this picture 
makes the pots look like they are off center.  
I am working on trying to take photos 
and not have the light 
from the window all blown out.  
This one turned out kinda nice.  

 I hung some of my Lavender 
from Decor Steals 
up there just to see how it looked.  


 Do you have a collection you have displayed 
in a different way?  
I would love to hear about it!

I almost FORGOT!  
I promised you a photo 
of Miss Beaux's Sweetheart Dance!
She will probably Kill me 
but I had so much fun taking pictures!  
She is the one seated on the right.  
I love how they are all laughing and having fun!  
Those will be good memories I'm sure!

Until Next Time
Beaux R'eves

Sharing at:
 Between Naps On The Porch 
   The Scoop





 

14 click here to Comment:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

So funny you and I are on the same page here. I cleaned my copper when it snowed and was getting ready to post about it. I love yours hanging there. Glad you found the perfect spot.

Kathleen said...

Oh I love it! I love the copper and black together too! The only suggestion I have is to move the larger and longer pieces to the sides as to not distract from your lovely view, Very pretty!

NanaDiana said...

I think it looks good over the sink! Great use for your arch. I wish I had my copper collection back now! Yes-I do! Love the picture of your daughter laughing with her friends. xo Diana

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Cindy you found the perfect spot for them...love the way they look hanging there!!

Chris said...

Your copper looks great. Can't wait to see what you add as time goes by. Mine hung from an old herb ladder for 20 years in NH. And now it's been hanging from the same herb ladder here in Florida for 20 years! I mix all kinds of goodies up there......regular IKEA pots and pans, my Nana's old flour sifter - still loved and used, a spanking new copper bowl, a bundle of Mason jar rings strung on twine, an old sheep's bell and the every present herbs. On top is my old canning jar rack and a wire basket. Old and new living happily above the island.

Unknown said...

What a great idea Cindy!! It looks so charming! :-)
Vanessa

Basil6 said...

How neat.......great way to show off all those gleaming pots! I, however, agree with Kathleen and personally think the long handled one in the center is a bit distracting and would opt for placing it on one side or the other......Do these glimmer when the sun shines in?

This N That said...

I knew who she was the minute I saw the picture..Love your copper pots hanging there but, (forgive me for this but you asked, I think)..I think the white plates behind the pots are too much..At least it kinda looks that way in the picture..To me...You're living with them...Have a happy day..

Cynthia said...

Great photo and everyone looks so pretty and handsome. I love your collection and aren't you clever with your solution. By the way, what a view out you window.

Cynthia

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

That looks great- what a good idea! I don't own any copper but I do love how it looks. Your daughter and her friends all look so young and happy! I can't believe my daughter is 27 already! Seems like we were just doing things like that a few months ago!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

I don't own a single piece of copper. Not because I don't want to, but because I think if I ever started collecting it we would go broke. LOL I have a huge pot rack filled with my everyday cookware. Oh - to dream. :) Its beautiful there, by the way.

Stacey said...

That looks wonderful above the window! I've seen that done somewhere before and always thought it was a great idea. Your window is so beautiful you could do no wrong...unless you covered it up.

Sarah said...

Great idea! The arch seems to be a good choice. I agree with Kathleen about moving the larger pot to the side so it doesn't interfere with that amazing view.
My husband has many copper pots which he uses daily. Because they are in constant use, our pots aren't shiny. '-) We have double copper wall shelves that hold the copper. I love the warm look of copper in a kitchen. Good luck with your growing collection.

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".