Beaux R'eves

Monday, November 12, 2012

Rustic Thanksgiving Table

Hello Everyone!  
I'm betting a lot of you are getting your house ready for Thanksgiving company like I am this week.  
I like to start early so that come Thanksgiving Day 
I can pop the turkey in the oven 
and enjoy my family and friends.  
My table is all set and ready for the big day.  
Come take a peak.
I shared how to create this Natural Centerpiece 
with you last week.   
I will just change out the greenery before 
Thanksgiving Day 
to freshen it up.  
I layered a Pendleton Blanket with the 
burlap runner that I made last year.  
The quirky chargers that you see 
are picture frames from Estate Sales.  
My Estate Sale Johnson Brothers Friendly Village China works wonderfully with this rustic setting.  
Each Walnut frame has the beautiful hand carved leaves on the four corners.  Some are chippy and scratched which makes them even more charming.  
I have used another plaid for the napkins.  
I love mixing patterns like this.  
I tucked my silver from World Market into a pocket that I created with the napkins.  
I found this place card on HGTV's website.  
I cut them out, folded them, punched a hole and 
tied some twine for decoration. 
Don't you just love the covered bridge scene on the china?  
I think covered bridges are so romantic!
The host and hostess "chargers" didn't have any glass or a print in them so I layered them with a silver charger.  
Without the china the table still looks festive and pretty.  
I am so in love with these frames.  
I intend to take them up to our Colorado cabin but I had to play with them first.  
I am always looking to mix high and low together.  
The ornate silver charger against the rustic frame makes me smile.  They say opposites attract...
Each Walnut frame holds a different print.  
I'm not sure what the age of these are but 
I'm guessing 40's or 50's.  
I love these Pheasants!  
So appropriate for Thanksgiving!
And here is my ultimate Treasure!  
This is all hand stitched in what they call a Berlin Stitch.  
Is this not the most adorable thing you have EVER seen!?  
As I walked around the Estate Sale everyone that worked there commented that this was the one thing that they wanted to take home.  
Now don't look too closely because this is just a photo that I printed from the Internet.  This frame didn't have anything in it and I wanted the table to coordinate.  
Maybe I'll learn to cross stitch!  (doubtful) 
My daughter says that when she grows up and owns a lot of silver that she is never going to polish it!  
She likes the tarnished look.  
Well, then this charger will suit her just fine!  
Thanksgiving Table 2012!

**Tomorrow I will show you the Sideboard.**


Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

Debbiedoo's

Sharing at:
   Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
  Kim at SavvySouthern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays  
 Judy at DIY by Design
   No Minimalist Here Open House Party 
Susan's Tablescape Thursday 

  Gina at The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursdays
 From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday

  Poutpourri Friday at 2805
Courtney at French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Heather and Vanessa at At the Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Sherry at The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Jen at Tatertots and Jello for the Weekend Wrap-up Party

                              Donna at Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
 Roeshel  at DIY Showoff

31 click here to Comment:

Olive said...

Cindy, you are brilliant using the primitive frames. They really go with the Friendly Village china. This tablescape is beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Olive

Salmagundi said...

Love it!! I've looked for years for that type of frame - have only found one in my price range. Oh how I would love to have more to use as you have with my collection of Friendly Village. Such an inspiration to keep searching for the frames! Sally

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! Your table is so gorgeous. Love your centerpiece with the pine needles! Beautiful dishes and the way you've folded your napkins is just perfect.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Cindy your table looks stunning! I love how you used the brown plaid blanket and I love your plates and wooden chargers! Great idea using the frames!!

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Beautiful! I love how you used the blanket and the frames! So unique!

Andrea said...

so pretty! I am loving tartan these days, and your friendly village china looks wonderful with all the other special touches!

Nancy @ The Headmistress said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL table; those frames and prints are just so neat...how creative!
Nancy

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love your table. Love the plaids, the natural theme and those fabulous frames. My oh my.

Bliss said...

That is really beautiful. Ok, maybe I don't like it as much as Madame Leota and the skeleton, but I wouldn't of described them as beautiful!

Bliss

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Absolutely stunning. I almost bought one of the wooden candleholder thingamajiggeys about a year ago a a vintage sale, but my hubby was already giving me some bad looks. NEVER take your hubby to a vintage sale. :) I just love your table. It is classic but cozy too. Two thumbs up!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your table is just stunning...you have a great eye for detail. The dishes are just perfect and I can't get over those frames! What a novel idea! Beautiful!

I didn't know HGTV had a website...I have to check it out. Kudos to you for starting early!!

XO,
Jane

The Vintage Chateau said...

Perfect Fall table setting. The frames are so unique, what a clever idea!
Karee

Deserae said...

LOVE it all....seriously! The plaid paired with the burlap runner is so pretty and your china is just beautiful! Love the frames used as chargers too....very clever! Everything is absolutely stunning :o)
~Des

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Love this so much! You did a beautiful job! I have just one place setting of Friendly village. I'd love to have as much as you! So so pretty and perfect for Thanksgiving!

At The Picket Fence said...

Absolutely gorgeous Cindy! I just love those walnut frames and think that is one of the most creative things I have seen on a tablescape in a long time. Just so beautiful! :-)
Vanessa

Maureen Wyatt said...

I never would have thought of using the frames as chargers and I just love them! The whole table is delightful and I'm a big fan of mixing elegant with rustic. ~ Maureen

Cristina Garay said...

Stunning! The Friendly Village china paired up with those rustic walnut frames look amazing! So many creative details and I just love them all!
You sure are going to have a wonderful time enjoying it with your family!
-Cristina

Anonymous said...

Love this idea, will store it in my memory :-) , will see how long that lasts, and i have been wanting silver chargers, now more then ever, yumm.....whole look is lovely and cozy and inviting...suek

Alycia Nichols said...

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy. My, my, my. This is so, so pretty! This is just the quintessential Thanksgiving table setting. Wow! The frames as chargers look so cool! Your china is so pretty...reminds me totally of "Bridges of Madison County". I love the mix of traditional with fun contemporary touches. Just beautiful!

DIYbyDesign said...

Your Thanksgiving table is just gorgeous. It's something out a movie it's so perfect. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

Anonymous said...

The frames are such an amazing touch! What a clever idea, and all the plaids make the setting so warm and inviting...whoever dines at your table will surely enjoy a relaxing heartfelt meal. Happy Thanksgiving!
Jenna

Kathy said...

I have the Johnson Bros china as well, since it is out of stock now I have been collecting at estate sales too and it is hard to find because there is so many of the patterns that look alike but aren't so I have found that it is awesome to have all the varieties....I love them too

Pamela said...

Amazing! I love everything. So when do we come to dinner!?;) Thanx for joining THT as always!:)

Tea in Texas said...

Clever and creative is the idea of using the picture frames as place plates. I love your tablescape and tartan plaid blanket. We visited the factory and store this summer in Pendleton, Oregon and I have been invisioning a table with one my purchases. The plaid napkins are perfect with the flatware inside the pocket fold. Hope you have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!

Thanks, Pam

Debra@CommonGround said...

the picture frames, the Pendleton blanket, the centerpiece, it's all gorgeous Cindy in such a charming, rustic, vintage style. LOVE it!!

Anonymous said...

We have the same sugar mold candle holder and I never know just how to decorate it. Beautiful!

The CSI Girl said...

This is so beautiful! I am amazed. Love the rustic look! Next week on The CSI Project is the Thansgiving crafts, Food and Gratitude challenge. Come link this up and you may WIN!
Www.thecsiproject.com
Link up begins Wednesday. Tutorials Monday-Wednesday.

Ruthie Miller said...

The frames are brilliant. What a great use of them. Just perfect for the season. How fortunate you are to have so many. They are a wow. Love the burlap and plaid too but boy, those frames really make it!
Happy Thanksgiving to you, Ruthie from: http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I loved the tablescape. Could you tell me what goblets you are using? It looks perfect with the Friendly Village and the silver chargers!

Unknown said...

Glad to know about your thanksgiving party. Last month, I arranged a Halloween party with my friends at one of the elegant NYC venues. Decorated the venue with scary Halloween pictures and really had an amazing party with my friends.

John Browney said...

great post! thanksgiving day is a great day actually especially for america! i was in america on this day and it was great! u gotta visit america either! Rental24h.com - in case you want to rent a car for any travel!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".