Beaux R'eves

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Festive Fall Pumpkin Floral

I took a break today from my basement remodeling project 
to do something fun for myself.  
You ALL know how much I love fresh flowers in my home.  
It is so difficult to walk by the flowers at Costco 
and not pick up a bunch for the house.  
So, I did!  
Can I tell you first how much I hate 
going to Costco on the weekend?  
Huge traffic jams...enough said.  
I loved the fantastic fall colors that they had in their bouquets 
this week.  Pretty yellows, golds, and pinks.  
I Had to find a container that would say Fall too.  
So,I snagged one of my carve-able pumpkins 
from my Halloween table to use.
Now I know that I didn't invent the 
"Pumpkin as a floral vase" 
idea but it sure is a good one.  
And, since carving out pumpkins 
is my least favorite thing to do.  
(I leave that up to Mr. Beaux every year)  
I loved the idea of using the carve-able pumpkin.  
I just Sharpied a design around the top.
And carved it out.  Ewwwwww, look at the inside!  
Floral wet foam in a small plastic bowl.  
I still call it Tupperware.  
Do you do that?  
When is the last time you went to a Tupperware party?  
And arrange your flowers.  
There is no right or wrong way to arrange them.  
Arranging flowers is therapeutic for me, 
kind of like cooking without the calories.  
And like cooking you just add and step back and look and then add some more...
I placed the pumpkin top to the side and didn't even wire it in or anything.  I like the fact that it's not perfect.  And I really like the fact that it took me just a few minutes to get a custom looking arrangement for my entry way table.
Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves
XO Cindy

 Susan at Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
  Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday

14 click here to Comment:

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Very nice. I used to carve real pumpkins to use as a vase, and then I got tired of the "container" rotting, so I also started using these faux lovelies. Love your arrangement. Very pretty!

Blondie's Journal said...

Very pretty, Cindy! I've never seen these carvable pumpkins. I do love the flowers at Costco. Hubby hits it almost every weekend...he loves the bakery there and doesn't mind crowds! Tupperware...goodness, are they still in business? I just use my own bowls with plastic wrap!

Hope you are having a lovely weekend!

XO,
Jane

DIYbyDesign said...

What a clever idea. Perfect for your fall arrangement.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

That looks beautiful Cindy!

Maria Elena said...

Very, very clever! It looks beautiful!

Olive said...

Pretty Cindy. I still love Tupperware.

Anonymous said...

I love this and it looks wonderful.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Beautiful arrangement. Love the pumpkin container. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Maureen Wyatt said...

That's really pretty. I wish you would come here and do all my arrangements! ~ Maureen

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

Such a nice arrangement. I just love pumpkins and this is a great idea. So pretty.. Cindy

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Cindy, what a pretty arrangement! I love the look of pumpkins as vases.

Wendy Annabeth said...

So cute!! I'm a new GFC follower :)
xo
www.domesticsweetheart.com

Beca said...

Such a pretty floral arrangement. You make it sound easy. I'm sure if I tried it, it wouldn't look anything like that. It's obvious you have multiple talents. :)

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

Very nice! My daughter just put one together for me for my birthday. There is just something about them. Beautiful!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".