Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fall on the Front Porch

 Yesterday I showed you all of the fun things 
at Nell Hill's Fall Open House.  
I was smitten with her baskets for fall 
so I decided to use my baskets again 
instead of a wreath this year. 
 I really feel like I cheated on this project.  
Mr. Beaux was watching the Chiefs game 
and I know it only took me 
a few plays to finish these.  
I actually had smaller baskets 
that I had used on the door 
last year that were prearranged.  
I shoved those down into my new baskets 
and added flowers around the outside. 
 I tucked a bow to the side 
and hung them on the front door. 
 I found these mums at Lowe's 
with the cute "Welcome" sign on them.  
I know you can't see it,
but there are two adorable squirrels holding the sign.   
It is very clear to me 
that my next project is 
sanding the doors and re-staining them.  
The summer heat and sun 
have done a number on the poor guys!  
 Not that I am trying to point out 
all of my faults 
but let's add painting 
the light fixture to the list!
 I planted flowering cabbage plants 
in the windowsill planters 
along with some pansies.  
The pansies were on clearance 
because they were a little leggy.  
But that's OK with me, 
they will do just fine.
 I set up some pumpkins 
and more mums by my bench.  
The pillow is actually an outdoor pillow 
that I just turned around 
and pinned a sunflower to the front of it.  
Of course, the blanket won't stay outside 
but I sure love the colors!
 Looks like a nice place to sit 
and watch my Bubbies (fur babies) 
while they sniff around outside.
 Thanks for coming over.  
How's Fall coming along over at your place?
Don't be a stranger!
Until Next Time,
B'eaux R'eves


Sharing at:
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ 
The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 
French Country Cottage

9 click here to Comment:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Love the baskets on your door Cindy they look so pretty!!

Pamela said...

Cindy I too love the baskets on the doors. Everything looks wonderful. Thank you for joining us ladies in the Falling For Fall Porch Party!

Debra@CommonGround said...

LOVE the baskets, Cindy. You can see thru my new front door glass, so something like this would be perfect!

Jeanette said...

I love the baskets on your door. They look so lovely. I tried to do my fall décor outside this past weekend but I ran out of dirt for my window boxes. It was so hot while we were working too. Your home always looks lovely Cindy!

This N That said...

Your baskets look great Cindy. Your house is beautiful. Lovely entryway. Hope you are enjoying fall. It's my favorite!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Your baskets and the sitting area are so pretty, Cindy! I just got back in town and hope to start outside over the next couple of days. Just in time for weekend guests...lol!

Maria Elena said...

Your front porch looks beautiful and elegant! Love the decor on the bench. Very pretty!

Alycia Nichols said...

Absolutely beautiful, Cindy! Fall is coming along slowly here, but I'll get there! :-)

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Very pretty! Love the color of your doors and the baskets look great!

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".