Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Sending a Little Bit of Home to College

Wow!  I have been so busy lately!  
I just got back from a long weekend in Vegas.  
Now, before you go conjuring up images 
of me pulling the slot machine arm let me explain...  
It wasn't THAT kind of a trip.  
I was helping my BFF 
move her mother-in-law to assisted living.   
Eleanor (as I like to call her) 
was recently widowed 
and will be joining us in Kansas 
to be closer to her family.  
This trip was a meet and greet with the movers, 
the realtors, and the Estate Sale people.  
We also inventoried her furniture 
to see what will fit here 
in the assisted living apartment 
(which is lovely BTW) 
And, we took her shopping 
to find out her likes and dislikes.  
She is a wonderful lady 
and I can't wait until she is closer 
so I can get to know her better! 

On to the title of my post!  
My beautiful daughter called me yesterday 
and was a tad bit homesick.  
It's about that time right?  
4-6 weeks after they go away 
they get lonesome for home.  
Well, I had the perfect remedy!  
I drove up this afternoon 
and brought her some goodies 
and had lunch with her. 

Here is one of the things that I gave her today:
contacted me and asked me to review their product.  
I thought this was the perfect 
application for the review.  
Sending a little bit of home to college.  
Miss Beaux misses the Bubs most of all!  
Whenever we talk she asks how they are 
and wants to talk to them on the phone.  
Creating the print was SO EASY!  
Taking the picture however 
was a little bit more difficult!  
Imagine trying to get three 
of your furry friends up on the outdoor sofa, 
all in a row AND some smiles to boot!  
(lots of treats were involved)  
Once I took the photo I just uploaded it 
on the site and followed the 
easy self guided directions.  
The canvas print came in the mail 
in less than a week 
and was packed in a nice sturdy box.  
The quality is great 
and the frame it is stretched on 
is very substantial.  
I would certainly order from them again!  
She loved it!  
And now she has a very special photo 
to look at when she needs a little bit of home.

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves,

***The Easy Canvas people sent this product 
to me to review but the opinions belong to me***


5 click here to Comment:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

What a great idea Cindy...such a sweet photo!!

Laura @ duke manor farm said...

wow. how perfect is that to brighten her day. great picture of the pups!

This N That said...

Nice that you're so close that you can do that. Probably just what she needed. You're a good mom. Happy October.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

That is wonderful that you can BE THERE when she needs you AND take a bit of home with you! LOve the print, great idea. Amazing that you got all 3 to look at the camera.

Joy/The Olde Farmhouse said...

Cindy: Love the pic. of your little "fur persons." Great Blog, too
{{HUGS}} Joy...theoldefarmhouse.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".