Beaux R'eves

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Finding a Home for My Blue Willow Dishes

I'm back home again!  
I had a fabulous time 
with all of my Sorority Sisters in California.  
It's amazing how after 30 years 
it's as if no time has passed at all!  
So much FUN!  
And as a bonus, my daughter and I 
got to spend time with my real sister and my niece.  
They were nice enough to let us stay 
with them while we were visiting.  
OK, who am I kidding... 
Did she have a choice?  
I just call and then move in!  
Don'tcha love sisters?  
I also had the chance to visit with my other sister 
as we caught up with a dear friend 
that we have known for over 43 years.  
WOW!  Isn't that a long time!  
Those friendships seem to mean more 
as you grow older...  

Before I left I hurriedly showed you my Blue Willow Haul.  
I decided to store it in my black dish 
cupboard for the time being.  
I haven't split it with my BFF yet.  
I know that I will see her this weekend 
so I just washed all of the dishes 
and set them inside for now.
I'll have to be totally honest with you... 
I am not loving it!  
I love the dishes,
but I'm not loving the black cabinet.  
It's so dark and it is not showing off 
my pretty plates as well as I would like it to.
So here is my plan...
Of course you know that I have a plan!  
But you have to keep it a secret,
because I haven't shared it with Mr. Beaux yet...
He is going on a Golf and Poker weekend 
with the boys this weekend.  
Soooooooo, I thought that I would shop 
around at Estate Sales 
and a few other secret places 
where I find bargains 
and see if I can't replace 
the black cabinet with 
something better suited for the dishes.  
Nice plan isn't it?
Hmmmmm, what am I looking for?  
Pinterest
Maybe something like this?  
Pinterest
Or like this?

Wish me luck!  

Until Next Time,
Beaux R'eves


Sharing at:
What We Accomplished Wednesday @ Green Willow Pond
Swing Into Spring Wednesday @ DIY by Design 
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ 
The Charm of Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch To Yours 



Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

16 click here to Comment:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I hope you find something perfect for your collection. I love your inspiration pics.

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Love all the blue and white, I love them and love mine too, I always mirror the back of cabinets and wow it sure adds a sparkle, or if I don't do that I would paint white...I am sure you will come up with the perfect thing...come on over for a visit, I still have some red white and blue...lol you'll love it...

Unknown said...

That white piece is dreamy isn't it?

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

LOVE your ideas Cindy!!

Unknown said...

I too have a black cupboard.....but in inside of mine is mirrored. It made an incredible difference and I have yet to display anything there that was not most pleasing.

Unknown said...

Whatever you find I hope you move it from in front of that beautiful window. Your home and blue dishes are lovely. Have fun shopping....Rebecca

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

This N That said...

You always have a plan. I like the black much better than the white. It shows up better. The white looks washed out. Love the dishes. Can't wait to see what you do.

Unknown said...

I agree with Missy that the white makes the dishes look washed out. I prefer the black as well. Anxious to see what you find.

Alycia Nichols said...

Luck! And have fun!!!

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Beautiful photos. I love your blue and white collection.

Janet

Beeutiful by Design said...

I have trouble with my china cabinet, which is dark walnut and my blue and white too. Ultimately I moved it to our living room shelves and started a white milkglass collection -anything to collect more dishes right?

Vintage Home said...

WOW can't wait to see what you get!...I love Blue And White!

LORY said...

Omg, the chippy cream cabinet above is magnificent!

Lory
Designthusiasm.com

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with! These kind of secrets are so much fun!

The Charm of Home said...

Looks like a perfect plan. I love the pics you are using to plan with!
Sherry

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment and let me know what you think, or just say "Hi".